Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

SFA

601 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, TheGuru said:

I was speaking metaphorically, Sorry it went over your head, Try to keep up next time, Dub.  Internet ganster.  Lol!

I believe you are the self proclaimed 'Guru' because 'metaphorically speaking' means "When you say something which is not really true or realistic but you use it for expressing the intense of the circumstance. Obviously it is not similar to " Literally" or " Literally speaking". Literally means that is exactly true but metaphorically is when it's not true is just use to express the intense." 

AKA Alternative facts! 

So I agree, you are The Guru of Gooch. FYI laws have changed so yall can get married and get those tax benefits.

4 hours ago, ECF said:

Yeah Ok...

I agree ECF. This is not about grades or education. Others who I have called out think otherwise, smh. 

There are public schools that kids who transferred to SFA, were receiving a better education from.

Is first rule of SFA, when you transfer, you have to reclassify? Asking for a friend of mine, lol. 

I am here to express my opinion like everyone else. I dont disrespect what you say, so dont disrespect me calling names, etc. No feelings, just facts!

Edited by Dub

Posted (edited)

I guess my point is to those who say all the kids should now goto SFA or publics is SFA can only take so many and will now have the ability to drop the bottom and pick the cream of the crop. So any full pay parent who has a kid at one of the other private schools with no where to go will definitely not transfer to public for the very reason same transfer to SFA from public.

Edited by hoopsfan2016

22 hours ago, DJ88 said:

Sho the meeting that took place durning the winter wasn’t related.  The player poaching didn’t come out until this spring.    You did see the date on the letter from Mervo to Dove right?  May I believe not Christmas time.

DJ,

The so call player-poaching been out there.  It was stated in this high school forum that after being fired at Gilman, Biff was sending out messages to players about joining him at SFA.  In fact it was stated Biff sounded like a cult leader because he was using biblical scriptures while communicating to those players.  But NOBODY said ANYTHING to MIAA leadership because they did not believe SFA would be successful in getting players to attend their school, or even compete on the football field.  But after a 10-2 season and winning the MIAA all of a sudden NOBODY wants to play SFA, also stated in this forum. A year later and another undefeated season, this time in dominating fashion, along with winning a bowl game on ESPN and NOW its a major problem with the other A-league privates. An article regarding SFA in the Archdiocese of Baltimore web site (https://www.archbalt.org/st-frances-academy-builds-improbable-athletic-powerhouse/)   it states " The Panthers’ commitment to, and emphasis on, football has caused concern elsewhere."  So the MIAA Leadership spoke to SFA regarding their rapid rise in football..  After the meeting Dove "acknowledged that St. Frances Academy is not violating any MIAA rules. So now the other privates had to find some technicality as to why SFA should not be in the league, because after all, they still do not want to play SFA. Now all of a sudden, Mervo cries to the MIAA.  DJ, I think the poaching complaint letter is related to the winter meeting, because the leadership didn't "obey" the other schools by kicking out SFA.  All the privates had to do is announced in Jan they were not playing SFA and this mess would have been taken care of a while ago.

6 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

DJ,

The so call player-poaching been out there.  It was stated in this high school forum that after being fired at Gilman, Biff was sending out messages to players about joining him at SFA.  In fact it was stated Biff sounded like a cult leader because he was using biblical scriptures while communicating to those players.  But NOBODY said ANYTHING to MIAA leadership because they did not believe SFA would be successful in getting players to attend their school, or even compete on the football field.  But after a 10-2 season and winning the MIAA all of a sudden NOBODY wants to play SFA, also stated in this forum. A year later and another undefeated season, this time in dominating fashion, along with winning a bowl game on ESPN and NOW its a major problem with the other A-league privates. An article regarding SFA in the Archdiocese of Baltimore web site (https://www.archbalt.org/st-frances-academy-builds-improbable-athletic-powerhouse/)   it states " The Panthers’ commitment to, and emphasis on, football has caused concern elsewhere."  So the MIAA Leadership spoke to SFA regarding their rapid rise in football..  After the meeting Dove "acknowledged that St. Frances Academy is not violating any MIAA rules. So now the other privates had to find some technicality as to why SFA should not be in the league, because after all, they still do not want to play SFA. Now all of a sudden, Mervo cries to the MIAA.  DJ, I think the poaching complaint letter is related to the winter meeting, because the leadership didn't "obey" the other schools by kicking out SFA.  All the privates had to do is announced in Jan they were not playing SFA and this mess would have been taken care of a while ago.

I agree with your last comment. The MIAA's leadership from Lee Dove to the feckless President Board Members is inept and has been for some time. In this case, the MIAA deserves the bad publicity it received albeit much of it was not warranted.  

28 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

DJ,

You are wrong about teams not saying anything to the league about this in the beginning.  How do you think the Zach Dixon situation came about. SFA the first year waited until the last minute to put in all transfer papers, now you tell us why they did that. Also stuff was mentioned to Lee Dove about 2 fifth year players that year and his reply was they couldn't confirm with the AD at schools in question so they really couldn't assume. 

What is missing in this whole conversation is that Biff didn't think the MIAA was the right place for his team moving forward. The only problem I see is that Biff had his hand forced to make the move a year earlier than Biff planned.

3 hours ago, Hambonepack said:

What is missing in this whole conversation is that Biff didn't think the MIAA was the right place for his team moving forward. The only problem I see is that Biff had his hand forced to make the move a year earlier than Biff planned.

IMG is truly the only top team that plays a National schedule. Now, they're saying that they will time down their football team. Biff is wealthy. But he isn't WME wealthy. And they're behind IMG. SFA can not sustain playing a true National Schedule for very long. It's just too expensive. 

Funny, a lot of people are huge fans of Biff now, people who hated him at Gilman. But what happens when he leaves SFA? The same people better not come in here and shiit in him then! But they will. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

IMG is truly the only top team that plays a National schedule. Now, they're saying that they will time down their football team. Biff is wealthy. But he isn't WME wealthy. And they're behind IMG. SFA can not sustain playing a true National Schedule for very long. It's just too expensive. 

Funny, a lot of people are huge fans of Biff now, people who hated him at Gilman. But what happens when he leaves SFA? The same people better not come in here and shiit in him then! But they will. 

You cant compare SFA playing and indy schedule to IMG and their costs. IMG cost 70 racks to attend! 

10 kids at IMG is dayum near double the money Biff has donated to SFA to get kids in(pay for) based on whats been said.

Edited by Tomslick

On 6/7/2018 at 6:07 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Unfortunately, this independent schedule, where they're playing no teams in the area, and I believe only Maryland team is Silver Oak, has rendered SFA insignificant to area football. Probably won't be ranked, or will their kids be named All Metro. Not sure about the State Poll, probably will be ranked there. 

It was my understanding the MIAA is treating the games as forfeits. Essentially SF is still in the MIAA and the teams are forfeiting those games. I find it comical that this was the behavior of those schools and it was OK but when vested by someone else they have a temper tantrum. The MIAA is a joke

On 6/8/2018 at 2:47 PM, Dub said:

I believe you are the self proclaimed 'Guru' because 'metaphorically speaking' means "When you say something which is not really true or realistic but you use it for expressing the intense of the circumstance. Obviously it is not similar to " Literally" or " Literally speaking". Literally means that is exactly true but metaphorically is when it's not true is just use to express the intense." 

A definition of metaphor:  “a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.”

You may have thought that the beat down that punks jump up to is a physical beat down but it was  Gooch’s written word response to you that I was referring in my post.  It went over your head and that’s why you called me an internet gangster.  As if Gooch could jump through the Internet and whip your *** as a result of my post.  SMH.

Just heard SFA has lost their starting QB, Jones going back to Richmond. The ninth grade kid is going to be the starter right now. Will other kids leave?

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Just heard SFA has lost their starting QB, Jones going back to Richmond. The ninth grade kid is going to be the starter right now. Will other kids leave?

How can he go back to Richmond, we were told there weren’t opportunities like SFA in Richmond. 

And it was more than a team, it was a family

On 6/15/2018 at 6:43 PM, Maroontiger419 said:

Thought all the kids were homeless and had no opportunities?!

His father is a Richmond city councilman...must not pay much...lol.

4 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

His father is a Richmond city councilman...must not pay much...lol.

Hmmmmmm. Sounds like a couple of coaches are putting a lot of Bull**** out to whoever will listen. Can you say using a poor city school for my own agenda

1 hour ago, Impartialfan said:

Varina, Henrico, SFA and now ?...now that's a one and done...lol. 

The world of high school free agency. 

21 hours ago, Oldtime said:

The world of high school free agency. 

I will put my guess in for Life Christian Academy.......

On 6/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, Tomslick said:

"Just let us play"

I think they should have just let this season play out and the punish the adult after the season was completed. I'm never a fan of punishing children for what adults do in the dark.