Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weird-O

John and Louis Angelos assume larger roles

27 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-angelos-hierarchy-0523-story.html

There's a lot to unpack from this article. It dives into the Angelos brothers, and their evolving roles within the organization. Brady is the one who provided a good bit of the information. For the record, he said he has no interest in being the GM, because that would mean he can't work directly with the players. 

The article says the brothers have been taking on increased responsibility, for the last decade. Here's something that troubles me, and I wish I could get the answer to. Does that mean that they are in accord with their father, and don't see the need to increase the scouting dept. or get involved in the int'l market? Or is it a situation where Dad's strict rules on those areas, are still in force? I hope it's the later. If it's the former, then the team will continue to be handicapped.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah Brady you’re clearly doing such an incredible job with the players, can’t possibly have you consider other options since you’re sooo valuable in that role. Their performance really shows. Keep it up (Couldn’t find a thumbs down emoticon but this is where it would go) 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it safe to assume the new guard is ok with .158 hitter batting 5th on a regular basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Is it safe to assume the new guard is ok with .158 hitter batting 5th on a regular basis?

Certainly seems like it. And as long as Buck is on board nothing will change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Certainly seems like it. And as long as Buck is on board nothing will change. 

Sadly, it sounds like Buck will be GM next year, now that we know Brady doesn't want the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but John looks like a reasonable guy, and Louis looks like he'd try to have his fingers all over the pie.  Of course, I could be wrong about that.

What's up with Louie's sideburns?  has he been hanging with Brady too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even notice his sideburns, good catch Thirteen :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thirteen said:


What's up with Louie's sideburns?  has he been hanging with Brady too much?

Ha!  I had the same thought! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's looking like I've seen my last World Series.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this article shows me where Brady is coming from.  Ha, yeah why would he want the GM job?  He might actually have some accountability for results if he took that job.  Right know, he has complete autonomy and no accountability.  He can float around behind the scenes, in the shadows and do whatever he wants.  And he can't be held accountable for any of it.  He has no defined role.  Its really a joke - him and the two Baby Bros.   Running the corner lemonade stand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Well this article shows me where Brady is coming from.  Ha, yeah why would he want the GM job?  He might actually have some accountability for results if he took that job.  Right know, he has complete autonomy and no accountability.  He can float around behind the scenes, in the shadows and do whatever he wants.  And he can't be held accountable for any of it.  He has no defined role.  Its really a joke - him and the two Baby Bros.   Running the corner lemonade stand.  

Read the article again. In addition to not wanting a position that would keep him from being a trainer, it sounds like he's in line for a much higher promotion, than GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Read the article again. In addition to not wanting a position that would keep him from being a trainer, it sounds like he's in line for a much higher promotion, than GM.

Higher than he already has???   Again, something with no accountability.  Thumb in soup in everything.  Its a joke.  This team has no hope with that set up.  New GM will need to ask to go to the bathroom from Brady and the Babys.  Nothing has changed from the DD set up in my mind.   New GM will be nothing more than Brady;s bagman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, weird-O said:

For the record, (Brady) said he has no interest in being the GM, because that would mean he can't work directly with the players. 

And that is so troubling! Because, you know, he’s done such a fine job working with and developing...Mike Wright, Nolan Reimold, et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pitbull said:

And that is so troubling! Because, you know, he’s done such a fine job working with and developing...Mike Wright, Nolan Reimold, et al.

To be fair, Brady is dpoing strength and conditioning stuff with these guys. He's not going to make Wright a better pitcher, or Reimold a better hitter. With that said, Brady's presence has caused friction, and he's the poster boy for the dysfunction that is the Angelos ownership group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, weird-O said:

To be fair, Brady is dpoing strength and conditioning stuff with these guys. He's not going to make Wright a better pitcher, or Reimold a better hitter. With that said, Brady's presence has caused friction, and he's the poster boy for the dysfunction that is the Angelos ownership group.

I know it's just a typo, but rearrange the letters, and it's pretty funny.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thirteen said:

I know it's just a typo, but rearrange the letters, and it's pretty funny.  :lol:

:D I'm not even going to correct it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weird-O said:

To be fair, Brady is dpoing strength and conditioning stuff with these guys. He's not going to make Wright a better pitcher, or Reimold a better hitter. With that said, Brady's presence has caused friction, and he's the poster boy for the dysfunction that is the Angelos ownership group.

I seem to remember Brady giving tips to Wright on where to stand on the rubber and that started the big feud with Wallace and Chiti.  Memo to Brady.  Wright still sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I seem to remember Brady giving tips to Wright on where to stand on the rubber and that started the big feud with Wallace and Chiti.  Memo to Brady.  Wright still sucks.

Yeah, that was a mess. But even worse, is that Brady told Wright to stand his ground, and pitch the way he preferred, and don't let those know nothing pitching coaches force him to make adjustments he doesn't want to make. 

* I know I'm slightly embellishing, but not that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Yeah, that was a mess. But even worse, is that Brady told Wright to stand his ground, and pitch the way he preferred, and don't let those know nothing pitching coaches force him to make adjustments he doesn't want to make. 

* I know I'm slightly embellishing, but not that much.

Yeah it was. I thought Wallace and Chiti did a very good job with what they were given.  Winning records all 3 years and playoffs 2 out of 3 years.  Seems like the pen has regressed, but injuries have played a role in that too.  

I also think these two helped shield Buck from too much on the pitching front.  Since they have left, he has been exposed as a terrible manager of the pitching staff.

This whole situation really showed how much power Brady has accumulated.  Buck pretty much sat in the corner in this spat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah it was. I thought Wallace and Chiti did a very good job with what they were given.  Winning records all 3 years and playoffs 2 out of 3 years.  Seems like the pen has regressed, but injuries have played a role in that too.  

I also think these two helped shield Buck from too much on the pitching front.  Since they have left, he has been exposed as a terrible manager of the pitching staff.

This whole situation really showed how much power Brady has accumulated.  Buck pretty much sat in the corner in this spat. 

There was a recent article, I think it was written by Schmuck. In it, he said that Buck has job security, and no reason to worry about being let go. But, if there was one guy who could have Buck removed, it's Brady. 

As fans of the game, we all recognize that a team performs best, when everyone has clearly defined roles. This is especially true for the BP. I have to believe the same tenet holds true for the structure of the FO. As far as I know, the hierarchy of a baseball team has been the same, as far back as anyone alive can remember. 

Owner/President
GM
Manager

The O's structure seems to be

Owner
Future owners (Lou and John)
Roving Strength and Conditioning Coach
Manager
GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, weird-O said:

There was a recent article, I think it was written by Schmuck. In it, he said that Buck has job security, and no reason to worry about being let go. But, if there was one guy who could have Buck removed, it's Brady. 

As fans of the game, we all recognize that a team performs best, when everyone has clearly defined roles. This is especially true for the BP. I have to believe the same tenet holds true for the structure of the FO. As far as I know, the hierarchy of a baseball team has been the same, as far back as anyone alive can remember. 

Owner/President
GM
Manager

The O's structure seems to be

Owner
Future owners (Lou and John)
Roving Strength and Conditioning Coach
Manager

Pitbull
GM

Fixed 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Fixed 😁

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0