Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weird-O

Chrissy

206 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-jim-palmer-chris-davis-20180524-story.html

Palmer put The Crusher on blast. I won't copy all the interesting things JP said, but this one is worth highlighting.

You know, they say he works hard. Ehh. He told everybody in spring training that he worked with [hitting coach] Scott Coolbaugh. I asked Scott in spring training, I go, 'Hey, you must have really put in a lot of work.' He goes, 'We didn't work.' So, you know, I don't believe anything.

Buck also talked about how much work Chrissy put in with Coolbaugh. He repeatedly mentioned it. So Buck has just been caught bearing false witness for "his guy"

I heard that as a kid, he struck out looking playing Tee-ball.

Palmer the man.  Exposes Chrissy and Buck as frauds.  So someone remind me why Buck shouldn't be fired?  This should be the last straw, but it won't be. 

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I heard that as a kid, he struck out looking playing Tee-ball.

Honestly, I actually did! :lol:

Well, swinging.

It wasn't my fault, though!

My team didn't have a tee to practice with -- we hit off a coach pitching overhand.

When we got to the first game I had no clue what to do with the ball on a tee!

So, like a good Oriole (fan), I swung as hard as I could ... Three times ... :o

Edited by Mr. Buzzcut

What this means is Coolbaugh will be fired. :lol:

The real question is how low can Davis' avg go.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/jim-palmer-rips-chris-davis-video-orioles-tv-liar-scott-coolbaugh-masn/v8yv1wanh3pr1igrc3x784f7x

Here's a video of JP making those comments. Pay attention at about the 30 second mark of the video. It shows a slo-mo of Chrissy watching a meatball cross the plate. The person who tweeted the video zoomed in on Davis's face. He wasn't even watching the ball. He was looking down toward 3B as the ball was approaching. 

This is gold, I am absolutely loving this. :)

I'll say it again, I hope his BA drops below .099, I really, really,really want to see that. 

You could see Davis doing that last year.  I won't bother looking but I guarantee I could find a post where I mentioned his eyes / head and lack of following the ball to the plate.  

I've been sucked in to the world of fastpitch softball in recent years.  One of the constant coaching points I talk to the girls about is watching the ball to the bat or the catcher's glove.  Get them in the cages and the first few pitches are a series of just watching the ball go by, and then bunting.  I know, I know... youth fastpitch softball isn't major league baseball.

But you can't NOT watch / follow the ball from release to the plate and expect to hit it.  A major leaguer caught staring at the pitcher while the catcher is holding the ball and a strike three call comes out behind him... inexplicable and inexcusable.  Davis does this frequently, and has been doing it for a couple years now.

Davis is finished. No way he comes back from this.

And for God sake please fire Showalter. Seriously what’s it going to take?? Any properly functioning organization would’ve shown him the door by now 

If it can be proven that Davis' eyes are going, Angelos can void the contract and collect insurance, similar as to what happened with Joey Belle.

5 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Palmer the man.  Exposes Chrissy and Buck as frauds.  So someone remind me why Buck shouldn't be fired?  This should be the last straw, but it won't be. 

Palmer is the ONLY O's announcer who "tells it like it is".

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

What this means is Coolbaugh will be fired. :lol:

He'll be the fall guy. 

Posted (edited)

Chris Davis is just struggling.

Edited by Gertrude

Given the chance to broach the topic again today before the Orioles closed their series against the White Sox, Palmer stated, “I stand by what I said.”

“This is not, ‘Hey, he said, she said,’ or Buck Showalter, who was kind of put in the middle in the locker room today because he didn’t know what I said,” Palmer continued. “This team plays a lot better when Chris Davis plays well. He’s not playing up to his capability, he’s not making a lot of adjustments. That’s the point I made. We saw him looking at the third base coach (Bobby Dickerson) when the third strike came over. There’s something going on, he needs to make some changes.

“And I’ll tell you what, Scott Coolbaugh had him in the minor leagues. He said (Davis) was the last guy that would leave the ballpark at night and I think he has to get back. And you know, it just doesn’t happen at this level. It doesn’t matter how much money you’re making, so it’s not about how much money, how long you’re contract is. Are you doing the work to get better? And I think that needs to improve. And I’ll stand by that and I hope he does it and I hope he has success because he’s a better player than he’s showed.”

So, all that crap Davis said about working on his bunting and going the opposite way was a lie?

22 minutes ago, pitbull said:

So, all that crap Davis said about working on his bunting and going the opposite way was a lie?

We should ask Buck

8 hours ago, weird-O said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/jim-palmer-rips-chris-davis-video-orioles-tv-liar-scott-coolbaugh-masn/v8yv1wanh3pr1igrc3x784f7x

Here's a video of JP making those comments. Pay attention at about the 30 second mark of the video. It shows a slo-mo of Chrissy watching a meatball cross the plate. The person who tweeted the video zoomed in on Davis's face. He wasn't even watching the ball. He was looking down toward 3B as the ball was approaching. 

This is gold, I am absolutely loving this. :)

I'll say it again, I hope his BA drops below .099, I really, really,really want to see that. 

This is absolutely crazy. That has to be the strangest approach to hitting a baseball as I've ever seen. He's either going blind or going  crazy to be looking down the 3rd base line as the ball is crossing the plate. Wow.

1 hour ago, 85Knight said:

This is absolutely crazy. That has to be the strangest approach to hitting a baseball as I've ever seen. He's either going blind or going  crazy to be looking down the 3rd base line as the ball is crossing the plate. Wow.

Good way to get yourself beaned in the head too.  

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

We should ask Buck

No. I don’t need to ask anybody - I have season tickets and I’ve never actually witnessed Davis bunt or go opposite field. You have also attended games. Maybe you can enlighten us?

11 hours ago, weird-O said:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-jim-palmer-chris-davis-20180524-story.html

Palmer put The Crusher on blast. I won't copy all the interesting things JP said, but this one is worth highlighting.

Buck also talked about how much work Chrissy put in with Coolbaugh. He repeatedly mentioned it. So Buck has just been caught bearing false witness for "his guy"

Absolutely mind-boggling!

Its a well-known fact that Peter Angelos canned arguably the best announcer in the game, Jon Miller, for not bleeding Black & Orange. Wonder if Jim Palmer will suffer the same fate.

36 minutes ago, pitbull said:

No. I don’t need to ask anybody - I have season tickets and I’ve never actually witnessed Davis bunt or go opposite field. You have also attended games. Maybe you can enlighten us?

I thought you bailed on season tix this year

IMO Davis is who he’s always been before that contract year. The organization fell for it and we now see what the rangers saw

Posted (edited)

I may be wrong but IMO I don’t think Davis was looking at 3rd base coach Bobby Dickerson or looking down the third base line, I think he was just looking at where the ball was for a split second then just stopped following it. 

Equally as bad but I don’t think he was so distracted or so confused he was looking down to third base or left field. Just my two cents but he’s clueless/ awful either way 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I thought you bailed on season tix this year

IMO Davis is who he’s always been before that contract year. The organization fell for it and we now see what the rangers saw

No. I bailed on a 29 game plan. Six is enough!!!

14 minutes ago, pitbull said:

No. I bailed on a 29 game plan. Six is enough!!!

Lol agreed