Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weird-O

Chrissy

238 posts in this topic

Strike up the band and get Chrissy back in the clean-up slot.  He had an RBI yesterday for the first time since 9 May.  Lost in the outrage of his .150ish average is the fact he has almost zero pop in his bat.   170ABS,  8 extra base hits and 14 RBIs.  Heck Trumbs has been back for a cup a coffee and has 9 extra base hits.  Same for Valencia and Pedro.  LOL, even the long departed Santander had 7.  We got us a slap hitting utility infielder making 23mil/yr. He is setting the bar for a new Mendoza line.

9 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

We got us a slap hitting utility infielder making 23mil/yr.

I'd rather have Flaherty.

17 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I'd rather have Flaherty.

Yep me too.  Ole Flash would also be better than Peterson, Valencia, Alvarez, Rasmus, Sardinas, Englieb, ect.   There is the Hall of Fame of Buck's deadwood.

LOL, yeah Flash would give us more at first base than Davis.  Wow.

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Strike up the band and get Chrissy back in the clean-up slot.  He had an RBI yesterday for the first time since 9 May.  Lost in the outrage of his .150ish average is the fact he has almost zero pop in his bat.   170ABS,  8 extra base hits and 14 RBIs.  Heck Trumbs has been back for a cup a coffee and has 9 extra base hits.  Same for Valencia and Pedro.  LOL, even the long departed Santander had 7.  We got us a slap hitting utility infielder making 23mil/yr. He is setting the bar for a new Mendoza line.

You know who should tutor Davis?  Pete Rose.  Too bad he can't be involved in every day baseball activities but Rose HATED punch and judy/slap hitters.  He hit line drives all over the field and there was virtually no way to defend him.  He'd set Davis right on hitting the ball hard, which would lead to a power surge.  I don't know when he started this bat in slow motion swing...seems like it's been just in the past couple of years and right out of the Matt Wieters book of hitting.  You would think someone that strong would be hacking with a vengeance.  He's just a lost puppy and needs someone to reset his clock.  Whatever Coolbaugh's doing to help him is either falling on deaf ears or is useless. 

On 5/27/2018 at 10:42 AM, CROUSEMAN said:

.242 obp and .249 slugging.  Solid middle lineup numbers.

8 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

.242 obp and .249 slugging.  Solid middle lineup numbers.

Yep, but only if you are Buck and Chrissy is your neighbor/mancrush.  As Buck would say, "if not Chrissy, who then"?

Posted (edited)

Going back to last May 19th, Davis has a batting average of .180 with 210 Ks in 498 AB (559 PA).

The average is atrocious enough... but think about that last part.  He's struck out out in 42% of his official at bats over the last year basically.  FORTY TWO PERCENT.  Dave Kingman struck out in 27% of his career at bats.  :)  42% of the time when Chris Davis comes to the plate, the runners don't have a chance to move up, no chance to score from third on a fly ball, they don't put any pressure on the defense to actually field a ball and make plays, etc.

Yet much like Ubaldo's 4 year run, Buck continues to use him game after game after game as if he's (being generous) hitting .250 and driving in runs consistently.

In other Dave Kingman news... his 9.00 career ERA in 4 IP is lower than Chris Tillman's 10.46 ERA this season.  :)

Edited by Ravens2006

3 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Going back to last May 19th, Davis has a batting average of .180 with 210 Ks in 498 AB (559 PA).

The average is atrocious enough... but think about that last part.  He strikes out in 42% of his official at bats.  FORTY TWO PERCENT.

Yet much like Ubaldo's 4 year run, Buck continues to use him game after game after game as if he's (being generous) hitting .250 and driving in runs consistently.

I think its fair to say Chrissy is the worst hitter in MLB by a long way. The stats you posted are mind numbing.  Just as Tillman's are for the past year.  But Buck just hits the ignore button.  He is probably busting a gut to get Tilly back on the roster.  He found his form against low A ball guys on the beach in Sarasota :lol:  People are beginning to see through the Buckspeak and see an out of touch, tone deaf manager who's time has passed.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Eh, like I’ve pointed out here multiple times & have yet to be refuted or debunked, this is a Front Office issue. Davis was a mistake, we all see in hindsight, so the Front Office should cut him. Unfortunately, no one in the Front Office has the foresight or vision or cajones to admit they were wrong. Similar to Ubaldo.

It reminds me of when Trembley kept running out Mike Gonzalez to blow saves.

All three were mistakes by the Front Office & for the most part, saddled with long term contracts.

Edited by pitbull

As an aside... Hellickson is scheduled to start for the Nationals tonight with his 2.13 ERA and 0.895 WHIP on the season. 

3 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Eh, like I’ve pointed out here multiple times & have yet to be refuted or debunked, this is a Front Office issue. Davis was a mistake, we all see in hindsight, so the Front Office should cut him. Unfortunately, no one in the Front Office has the foresight or vision or cajones to admit they were wrong. Similar to Ubaldo.

All three were mistakes by the Front Office & for the most part, saddled with long term contracts.

Yes a FO mistake 2 plus years ago.  But that doesn't mean Buck has to play the guy.  He has Mancini and Trumbs that can play first and actually hit.  Davis should be a part time player at best until he shows some kind of life.  That's on Buck.  Putting Davis in the middle of the line-up month after month has killed this team.  On Buck.

1 minute ago, Ravens2006 said:

As an aside... Hellickson is scheduled to start for the Nationals tonight with his 2.13 ERA and 0.895 WHIP on the season. 

Yeah, but Buck, DD and Brady loved Tilly and Helly was garbage.  Helly had 5 quality starts in 10 starts with the O's , so he showed he had something left.  I think Tilly has had like 2 QS in his last 30 starts.  Helly was cheaper this year too on a minor league deal. 

4 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

LOL, yeah and Tilly on the beach in Florida collecting 3 mil after helping to ruin the 2018 season on top of ruining the 2017 season.  Way to go Buck.

15 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

I wrote here it was a good trade last season. But then Hellickson sucked here. I guess it has something to do with the way Baltimore handles its pitching staff.

16 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Putting Davis in the middle of the line-up month after month has killed this team.

We agree. If he’s going to be in the lineup, most .150 hitters - if they are in the lineup at all - should be batting ninth. 

1 minute ago, pitbull said:

We agree. If he’s going to be in the lineup, most .150 hitters - if they are in the lineup at all - should be batting ninth. 

Here is a novel idea.  Maybe he should be on the bench.  Start  him once a week and as a late inning defensive replacement.

4 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I wrote here it was a good trade last season. But then Hellickson sucked here. I guess it has something to do with the way Baltimore handles its pitching staff.

He sucked in half his starts and was lights out in the other 5.  Tilly sucked almost every time out.  

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

He sucked in half his starts and was lights out in the other 5.  Tilly sucked almost every time out.  

I just remember him sucking, period lol. Maybe he didn’t want to work out in the offseason with Brady Anderson. 

Edited by pitbull

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

If I had to venture a guess, on that bolded part, it would be this. No one is refuting or debunking your opinion, because no one disagrees with you and because it's true. None of those contracts worked (or are currently working) out. 

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Here is a novel idea.  Maybe he should be on the bench.  Start  him once a week and as a late inning defensive replacement.

Well he wasn't in the lineup yesterday...my first O's game of the year and the 23 million $ man didn't play!

Don’t worry everyone, Big Dan has been quoted saying that Davis has a “track record.”

2 hours ago, pitbull said:

Don’t worry everyone, Big Dan has been quoted saying that Davis has a “track record.”

That's half true.  He should have finished the sentence with..."of futility."   

Clean up.  Buck is batting him clean up.  :rolleyes: :huh:

32 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Clean up.  Buck is batting him clean up.  :rolleyes: :huh:

Ok Buck is either officially a flat out stubborn moron, or he’s trying to prove a point (which isn’t clear what it would be). Somebody in the media needs to call him out and ask some tough questions