Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weird-O

Chrissy

237 posts in this topic

Maybe Buck asks himself each night, “What’s a guy got to do to get fired around here?”

1 hour ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Ok Buck is either...trying to prove a point (which isn’t clear what it would be).

The point i’d make is...the Front Office signed this worthless stiff.

The big fella struck out twice looking tonite, in his big return to the cleanup spot.

8 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Maybe Buck asks himself each night, “What’s a guy got to do to get fired around here?”

"How can I be the worst manager in baseball?  Easy, by having the worst hitter in baseball bat 4th or 5th each night."

39 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

"How can I be the worst manager in baseball?  Easy, by having the worst hitter in baseball bat 4th or 5th each night."

But all that power!!! :o

Along with his .150 batting average he is on pace for 12 HRs this year. That's pretty awesome, no?

8 hours ago, pitbull said:

The big fella struck out twice looking tonite, in his big return to the cleanup spot.

And he was probably staring at 3rd base while the ball was crossing the plate.  That's the Chris Davis method of hitting.  Look away from the futility. 

30 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

Along with his .150 batting average he is on pace for 12 HRs this year. That's pretty awesome, no?

Wow, that many?

11 hours ago, jamesdean said:

And he was probably staring at 3rd base while the ball was crossing the plate.  That's the Chris Davis method of hitting.  Look away from the futility. 

Buck is delusional.  Keeps defending his .150 boy.

12 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

So, in other words, we have a mediocre hitting pitcher with a touch of power batting clean up? 

It should be clear by now that the only thing that will take Davis out of the lineup is another drug suspension.

Which would put everyone, including Davis, out of their misery.

14 hours ago, Bowie-Bruce said:

It should be clear by now that the only thing that will take Davis out of the lineup is another drug suspension.

That would be a fantastic. It would be his 2nd fail, so the punishment would be a full season suspension, without pay.  

You are right.  Buck is so emotionally vested in Chrissy that he will play him right to the bottom of the ocean in order to prove he was right about this guy.  The team be darned.  Buck would rather the kill the team in his quest to be "right" about Chrissy.  Buck has proved he is nothing but an egomaniac.  He already did this with Tillman 2-12 an ERA of 9 plus over the last 2 years. 

Mewlinkski asked Davis last night whats wrong with the offense.  He said "nothing really"  to paraphrase.  LOL!!!   Mewlinkski got skewered in the comments section for even asking this guy the question.  Basically most said they don't want to hear from Chrissy any longer.  Fed up with his bull.

Where is Miguel Tejada and his briefcase of B12 when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

LOL!!!   The difference between 2014 and now is Chrissy already got paid.  He could hit .099 and it wouldn't matter to him.  He has his cash.

21 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Nice :D

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, weird-O said:

That would be a fantastic. It would be his 2nd fail, so the punishment would be a full season suspension, without pay.  

Someone should sprinkle some HGH or adderall in his gotorade or chewing tobacco. Do literally everyone (except Buck) a favor 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

8 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Someone should sprinkle some HGH or adderall in his gotorade or chewing tobacco. Do literally everyone (except Buck) a favor 

That is downright devious and underhanded. I could never agree to that....um...how fast can you do it?

2 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

That is downright devious and underhanded. I could never agree to that....um...how fast can you do it?

Haha maybe Duquette could do it since he’s on the way out anyway.

It would surely be the most value he’d have offered over his ‘career’ with the organization. Doesn’t seem like he’s really doing much else 

13 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Buck is so emotionally vested in Chrissy that he will play him right to the bottom of the ocean in order to prove he was right about this guy.  The team be darned.

Does it matter though? The season is over, at this point, it's just a question of exactly how bad they finish. Unless they are willing to DFA Davis or he decides to retire, the team is stuck with him. You might as well keep sending him out there and hope he figures something out. The only argument against this would be if there is some stud prospect who is being held back from advancing by the presence of Davis on the roster. I don't follow the minors much but I'm not aware of such a player.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Does it matter though? The season is over, at this point, it's just a question of exactly how bad they finish. Unless they are willing to DFA Davis or he decides to retire, the team is stuck with him. You might as well keep sending him out there and hope he figures something out. The only argument against this would be if there is some stud prospect who is being held back from advancing by the presence of Davis on the roster. I don't follow the minors much but I'm not aware of such a player.

His name's Trey Mancini. He should be playing 1st base

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

His name's Trey Mancini. He should be playing 1st base

I wouldn't say Trey is being blocked by Davis, since he's a regular starting OFer. So you have to go one level deeper, and ask if Davis keeping Manicini in the OF is blocking a minor league OFer from coming up. That's a conversation that could be interesting. But I am ultimately going to say no, I don't think Mullins, Hayes or Stewart are game changers. They're standout prospects by O's standards. But they aren't standout prospects by MLB standards. 

Regarding the "should they release Davis" question. I can understand the team's attitude, "we have to pay him either way, so let him play, in case we can get something for the money". Like Jimmy Jazz said, the season is over, even if Davis finds his swing. Ultimately though, he isn't going to be released. As a rule, Pete doesn't eat contracts. I seriously doubt he'll start with this one, since it was his personal mission to keep Davis, and since it's nearly $90M he'd be choking down.

Edited by weird-O

9 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

It doesn't now.  So I agree with your premise.  Stuck with this guy, so let him play and maybe he can find enough to hit .190 this year.  I'm just pointing it out that this is the kind of manager we have.  He has done it with Tillman and Davis.  He rides them long enough to prove he is right about his guys  to ruin the 2017 and 2018 seasons.  Oh yeah, according to Buck if not Chrissy and Tilly, :who then?   Uh , earth to buck.   Mancini and Hess.

I'm so sick of his canned lines anymore.  Stubborn robot.  

On the flip side, is there any reason to ever play Tillman and Rasmus again?  And why even bother with guys like Alvarez and Gentry??  #Deadwood. 

Too bad DJ Stewart got hurt.  He may actually make it.  I had no hope for this guy.  Would rather see him after the all star break than Alvarez.

It does to me and other fans.  While I have no delusions of a 30 game winning streak and contention, seeing the worst hitter in baseball batting in the middle of the lineup night after night kills my interest in the team.  And I'm sure plenty of other fans too.  It tells me that Buck doesn't care and the front office doesn't care.  And since Buck will likely be back in some form, it tells me that this stupidity will continue.  All I see is the beginnings of another 14 years of losing which definitely killed fan interest in the team.