Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartman

Possible Interstellar asteroid found near Jupiter

4 posts in this topic

Explanation by Kerbal guru Scott Manley

I heard a rummer that NASA detected a hugh astroid circling around the sun in an eliptical path. Computer analises of its future path indicates that it will intersect with earth in three years. Further high-tec computer analises of the point of impact will be somewhere near Tel Aviv. It will be during the night when it arrives.

I believe that Israeli astronomers were informed and that is why all of Israels government offices are leaving tel Aviv and moving to Jerusalem.

Or so I am told

Does this concern me?

Not in the least

6 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

I heard a rummer that NASA detected a hugh astroid circling around the sun in an eliptical path. Computer analises of its future path indicates that it will intersect with earth in three years. Further high-tec computer analises of the point of impact will be somewhere near Tel Aviv. It will be during the night when it arrives.

I believe that Israeli astronomers were informed and that is why all of Israels government offices are leaving tel Aviv and moving to Jerusalem.

Or so I am told

Does this concern me?

Not in the least

If I lived in Tel Aviv and was concerned about an asteroid strike, I'd move my arse a lot further than the 39 miles to Jerusalem ... but perhaps that's just me being over careful ... :lol:

Posted (edited)

There's one particular "Close" flyby coming in a few years, still 1 in thousands of chances it will hit Earth. Also I've seen recent ones written up where "Close" was stated as better than 1/2 the distance to the Moon. Well that's still 125,000 miles give or take.

If you're Scared, take a look at this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_asteroid_close_approaches_to_Earth_in_2018

If an asteroid is coming toward you, you don’t have to blow it up. You just have to slow it down long enough for our country to rotate out of the way.— Emo Philips

Edited by Bartman