Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

California motel refused to recognize Puerto Rico DL as ID

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Couple-denied-motel-room-sacramento-county-id-12947341.php

A Puerto Rican couple visiting California for their niece's wedding said they were unable to check into a Rancho Cordova Motel 6 because the front desk clerk didn't believe they had valid U.S. identification.

When Raul Villanueva presented his Puerto Rico driver's license late Wednesday night, the clerk told him, "Oh, you need a license from the United States," he said.

"I said, 'This is a license from the United States, that's Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is the United States.' She said, 'No, it isn't,'" Villanueva recalled.

They spent the night with a relative instead.

Edited by Baltimatt

Motel 6. That says it all. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Stupid can be funny sometimes.

The clerk wouldn't accept the couple's US passport either. The clerk could be a jealous Latin American. 

Villanueva needed his ID in order to verify his reservation. The woman working at the front desk then asked for his and his wife's passports, which he reluctantly retrieved.

"She wouldn't take the passports after all," Villanueva said. "When I brought them she said, 'No, I won't take it. I won't take that.' So I said, 'OK, then give me my money back.'"

Edited by flyboy56