Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaJellyBelly

HEY! How's that guy Susac workin' out for y'all?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

He's a real powerhouse. With a BA of .130 .125 ! :lol:

Edited by DaJellyBelly
correction

3 hours ago, DaJellyBelly said:

He's a real powerhouse. With a BA of .130 .125 ! :lol:

Yeah he looks like a dud just like most of DDs dumpster pick-ups since the end of 2014.  The garbage bin has dried up.  But really, .125 for Susac and .180 for Caleb?  They both suck and to be honest it doesn't matter if they both hit below .100.  This team is toast so let it burn to the ground.

I love Joseph. I think it’s absurd he was sent down. Bat was heating up too.

On 5/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, bmore_ken said:

You poor guy. :D

It's almost like a Flaherty complex that that one poster had a few years ago - arguing with people, saying he was better than Schoop. Those were good times. :D

On 5/28/2018 at 6:58 PM, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah he looks like a dud just like most of DDs dumpster pick-ups since the end of 2014.  The garbage bin has dried up.  But really, .125 for Susac and .180 for Caleb?  They both suck and to be honest it doesn't matter if they both hit below .100.  This team is toast so let it burn to the ground.

It's time to get rid of the old and bring in the new.

On 5/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, and after its burned to ashes, get out a blower and send it scattering into the air far, far away.  I don't even want to see any remnants of it. 

Hey, Susac only has about another 170 plate appearances to go to break Caleb's "no RBIs" record...  give the guy some time, would you!  He can do it, have some faith!

The real question is what will Cisco amount to?

Posted (edited)

Here is an interesting fact I found at MLB.COM.

Susac is 28 years old. He has a career Minor League record of a .221 batting average.

So, he wasn't all that to begin with.

The Orioles should try having Caleb be the primary catcher again and let Cisco be the back up.

Because it seems after Cisco's hot start. MLB pitchers have adjusted their pitching to him.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with Cisco being the primary catcher. I just think he needs a little more seasoning in the bigs.

Edited by DaJellyBelly
additional info

On 5/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, JoyinMudville said:

The real question is what will Cisco amount to?

Doesn't look like much. 

2 hours ago, DaJellyBelly said:

Susac is 28 years old. He has a career Minor League record of a .221 batting average.

The Orioles should try having Caleb be the primary catcher again and let Cisco be the back up.

Because it seems after Cisco's hot start. MLB pitchers have adjusted their pitching to him.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with Cisco being the primary catcher. I just think he needs a little more seasoning in the bigs.

Caleb Joseph  is batting .239 against AAA pitching.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, NCBirdfan said:

Caleb Joseph  is batting .239 against AAA pitching.

Wynn recalled which I like.  O's typical move would be to recall Caleb in a Buck "loyalty" move.  Be nice if they could move Caleb to a contender that has a big back up catcher hole.

I'd take a bag balls in return.  Caleb's career with O's appears to be over.

2 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Wynn recalled which I like.  O's typical move would be to recall Caleb in a Buck "loyalty" move.  Be nice if they could move Caleb to a contender that has a big back up catcher hole.

I'd take a bag balls in return.  Caleb's career with O's appears to be over.

I like Joseph a lot and he definitely could fill in as a backup somewhere. He's a gamer. But he may indeed played his last game for Baltimore.

I can just hear Coolbaugh talking to Wynn on his first day...."this is how we do it here, kid.  Pay attention- the strikezone doesn't exist anymore so eliminate that from your mind.  Swing at everything and I don't care what the count is.  Swing at balls that are 2-3 ft. outside.  Adam Jones can show you that skill set if you ask him.  If the ball's in the dirt, swing at it anyway. Jones and a number of other players on the team can assist you with that. Chris Davis can show you how to stare down the 3rd base line as the ball's crossing the plate.  It's not easy but he'll show you how it can be done even without Adderall.  Forget about putting the ball in play and using the whole field.  No one here can help you with that.  We don't bunt so don't concern yourself with that.  They'll probably put a shift on you at some point and we have plenty of hitters who will show how to hit the ball directly into the shift.  I know it will be distracting with a gaping hole on the other side of the field but resist the temptation.  Did I mention to swing at everything?  I can't emphasize that enough.  Your job here is to try and hit homeruns, even though we rarely do that anymore.  I don't like to put any unnecessary stress on my hitters so aim to hit .200 and go from there.  I know you'll be tempted to go and talk to Manny Machado but if you want to fit in, Chris Davis can show you everything you need.  Are there any questions?  Why the lost look on your face?  Don't EVER show that face again.  Buck likes a certain look on his player's faces.  Good luck, and absolutely NEVER seek assistance from me from this day on.  I just told you everything I know about the Oriole Way." 

On 6/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, DaJellyBelly said:

Caleb Joseph is 31 years old and has a career BA of .222.

So, he's not all that.

4 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Caleb Joseph is 31 years old and has a career BA of .222.

So, he's not all that.

But he’s young at heart