Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

MSJ drops SFA

201 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Funny how we all have our definition of cowards. Mine is having to stack your team with players from near and far and then challenge the local neighbors. 

Edited by OldBallCoach

1 minute ago, GOOCH said:

I don’t agree with not playing them if rules weren’t broken 

They definitely were that’s why multiple public school athletic directors have lost formal complaints and had meetings with the MIAA

7 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

I don’t agree with not playing them if rules weren’t broken 

Exactly. And if rules are being broken, they should be thrown out of the league. 

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Funny how we all have our definition of cowards. Mine is having to stack your team with players from near and far and then challenge the local neighbors. 

Have to agree, the very same clowns beating their chest when they beat a public, now decide  to take their ball and run home , I smell........🐱! 

Edited by Rob A.

8 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Have to agree, the very same clowns beating their chest when they beat a public, now decide  to take their ball and run home , I smell........🐱! 

MSJ people were beating their chest over beating a public?  

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Man...your kids can't stay eligible in a school to save their lives....and we talking bout WVU man! 

Edited by Tiger1012

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

Man...your kids can't stay eligible in a school to save their lives....and we talking bout WVU man! 

I don’t know who you are talking about but “mine” are still there now and always eligible and taking summer courses! 

Edited by Rob A.

34 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Exactly. And if rules are being broken, they should be thrown out of the league. 

Bingo

30 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Same thing I wrote earlier, but it's okay when they beat down a public school.

22 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

MSJ people were beating their chest over beating a public?  

No , just speaking in general terms. 

6 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

I don’t know who talking about but “mine” is still there now and in summer school! 

https://www.wvnews.com/sports/wvu/adams-twins-leave-wvu-football-program/article_37cf7247-ac1a-5f2f-b7a6-03e21d09f789.html

They not on the roster no more! Keep them lies up.  On Twitter they talking bout hitting the juco route...Get back to Bob Evans and get me my breakfast.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

https://www.wvnews.com/sports/wvu/adams-twins-leave-wvu-football-program/article_37cf7247-ac1a-5f2f-b7a6-03e21d09f789.html

They not on the roster no more! Keep them lies up.  On Twitter they talking bout hitting the juco route...Get back to Bob Evans and get me my breakfast.

No need to explain to you, you just mad your kid sucks ! It’s no secret they asked for their releases in January and were removed from the roster buy just FYI one was asked to stay and one is moving on and still on scholarship, you couldn’t wait for some bad news from the Adams boys well you’ll have to keep on waiting and by the way what would you like for breakfast I’ll make sure my cooks hook you up . 

Edited by Rob A.

I love how public guys bring up the public vs private debate in a private thread, but act like they’re preyed upon constantly on here...

No need to go back and forth. It doesn’t bother anyone. Just taking note. 

7 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

How can a school decide not to play another school that is in their conference?

It would seem that if you are in the same conference you would have to play them?

Basically just forfeit game. 

No private school should be able to say "beat up on your local neighbors" all private schools have boys from different counties at least on their team.

And is MSJ just dropping SF or football for the entire season.... the wording of the statement makes it hard to interpret 

10 minutes ago, BmoreBall said:

No private school should be able to say "beat up on your local neighbors" all private schools have boys from different counties at least on their team.

And is MSJ just dropping SF or football for the entire season.... the wording of the statement makes it hard to interpret 

SFA for football. Also dropping SFA for football is CHC and Spalding so far

11 minutes ago, BmoreBall said:

And a lot of public schools have kids from out of their district. 

MSJ not forfeiting.  They have 9-10 games in their schedule.  It’s May.  They are dropping SFA from schedule and replacing with another team.  What will be interesting is how they handle MIAA playoff.  If Gilman doesn’t drop them then they will lose badly to SFA and could effect their ability to make playoff.  Or is SFA being dropped by MIAA?

1 minute ago, Bully said:

MSJ not forfeiting.  They have 9-10 games in their schedule.  It’s May.  They are dropping SFA from schedule and replacing with another team.  What will be interesting is how they handle MIAA playoff.  If Gilman doesn’t drop them then they will lose badly to SFA and could effect their ability to make playoff.  Or is SFA being dropped by MIAA?

You can't drop a league game without forfeit. Only way not a forfeit is if they leave league

3 minutes ago, jbmad said:

And a lot of public schools have kids from out of their district. 

Because public schools in each County have magnet programs, most public school kids aren't jumping county to county 

5 minutes ago, BmoreBall said:

Because public schools in each County have magnet programs, most public school kids aren't jumping county to county 

Dude you got city kids in the county and vise versa,  don't play innocent 

Posted (edited)

Most public teams in MD have a handful (at the most) of kids who are out of district, very few have out of county kids.

Bmore city & county is a different story.  But they are the exception, not the norm.

Edited by nomad974

7 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

Most public teams in MD have a handful (at the most) of kids who are out of district, very few have out of county kids.

Bmore city & county is a different story.  But they are the exception, not the norm.

Mostly talking city and county. And there are plenty in those areas

Posted (edited)

The Archbishop has spoken. So endeth the lesson. If Gilman and MCD drop them, SFA football disbands and Biff is left as an innkeeper for a ton of kids,.Intra-squad 7x7 anyone? At some point, the adults in the room stood up and said, heck no. Biff's football legacy is a train wreck.....

Edited by mop