Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

MSJ drops SFA

201 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Bully said:

MSJ not forfeiting.  They have 9-10 games in their schedule.  It’s May.  They are dropping SFA from schedule and replacing with another team.  What will be interesting is how they handle MIAA playoff.  If Gilman doesn’t drop them then they will lose badly to SFA and could effect their ability to make playoff.  Or is SFA being dropped by MIAA?

 

What playoff Spalding and CHC have dropped them also.  You have at the moment McDonogh, Gilman, and SFA and I'm guessing that will change also.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mop said:

The Archbishop has spoken. So endeth the lesson. If Gilman and MCD drop them, SFA football disbands and Biff is left as an innkeeper for a ton of kids,.Intra-squad 7x7 anyone? At some point, the adults in the room stood up and said, heck no. Biff's football legacy is a train wreck.....

Fired from Gilman now this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bully said:

MSJ not forfeiting.  They have 9-10 games in their schedule.  It’s May.  They are dropping SFA from schedule and replacing with another team.  What will be interesting is how they handle MIAA playoff.  If Gilman doesn’t drop them then they will lose badly to SFA and could effect their ability to make playoff.  Or is SFA being dropped by MIAA?

They won’t lose badly to SFA, because if SFA doesn’t get the right games on their schedule, their top kids will leave! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real people that are getting punished are the parents that paid to have their child attend SFA. Also if this was done at the end of the season that would be one thing, but to do it now seems childish. They waited until most schedules were locked down, stinks really badly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, standeeman said:

The only real people that are getting punished are the parents that paid to have their child attend SFA. Also if this was done at the end of the season that would be one thing, but to do it now seems childish. They waited until most schedules were locked down, stinks really badly!

Going out on a limb and saying the bulk of the kids playing football at SFA, the parents are not paying to have their kids attend. I think that the league should have spoken and not leave it to individual programs. More so, in the debate. How many programs in the MIAA have out of state kids playing on their teams that are not boarding schools?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Upintheair said:

Going out on a limb and saying the bulk of the kids playing football at SFA, the parents are not paying to have their kids attend. I think that the league should have spoken and not leave it to individual programs. More so, in the debate. How many programs in the MIAA have out of state kids playing on their teams that are not boarding schools?  

It does not matter if it's 2 or 100 kid's parents that are paying, it's a piss poor way of reacting to a problem. Do you know a lot of these parents are taking out loans to pay for their child to attend this school and believe me when I say $9,000 is a ton of money to them. I do agree with you that the MIAA should have stepped in long ago, but like always it the children and the paying parents that will be hurt the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, standeeman said:

The only real people that are getting punished are the parents that paid to have their child attend SFA. Also if this was done at the end of the season that would be one thing, but to do it now seems childish. They waited until most schedules were locked down, stinks really badly!

This is really a league problem the admins at these schools are forcing the hand of the guys who run this Bush league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it was okay when Gilman was beating up on everyone.  This has a racial element to it unfortunately, I see a conspiracy to bring the SFA down.  Hopefully they can replace those duds with some schools that play real football at a high level.  I hear there are a few schools in the Hampton Roads area looking for games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BJC said:

I guess it was okay when Gilman was beating up on everyone.  This has a racial element to it unfortunately, I see a conspiracy to bring the SFA down.  Hopefully they can replace those duds with some schools that play real football at a high level.  I hear there are a few schools in the Hampton Roads area looking for games.

Who was the coach before Poggi forced him out.  Said before didn’t hear ****zz about that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  Racial.  Have you seen the make up of the other schools in the league.  MSJ is in West Baltimore and unlike SFA, their football team is made up of a lot of city kids.  Poggis and Henry have been playing u guys to get what they want.  Which is national recognition. They started this at Gilman but couldn’t take it to the next level because Gilman admin squashed it.  The Poggis have silver spoons tied to their wastes.  They stealing everyone’s kids to build a team with that silver spoon money.  They want to call out real Baltimore city kids, and coaches with integrity on public social media platforms.  They are acting like spoiled entitled *****e$ because other teams have had enough of their cheating ways.  MIAA leadership should be doing more and I suspect they will once McDonogh announces they are dropping them too.  Gilman should do the right thing, drop them and support the integrity of the MIAA league.  MIAA can have a very competitive conference without SFA.  SFA can move on to the bigger and better things they’ve paid for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BJC said:

I guess it was okay when Gilman was beating up on everyone.  This has a racial element to it unfortunately, I see a conspiracy to bring the SFA down.  Hopefully they can replace those duds with some schools that play real football at a high level.  I hear there are a few schools in the Hampton Roads area looking for games.

You could be right about that racial element you speak of but damn where were you when they told the Good Rev Doctor Good Right he was being fired I’m seeing this whole thing as a league problem that needs to be addressed for the sake of all the kids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

This is really a league problem the admins at these schools are forcing the hand of the guys who run this Bush league 

Spot on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough of this "it's a race thing because it's happening to SFA" and "it was ok when Gilman was doing it"....Gilman certainly bankrolled some studs but they never overhauled their roster every year with 20 PLUS transfers who were key players at other schools. This circus has brought in 20 plus transfers the past 2 years. If they have such a great coaching staff then build a program starting with FRESHMAN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HY3:13 said:

Enough of this "it's a race thing because it's happening to SFA" and "it was ok when Gilman was doing it"....Gilman certainly bankrolled some studs but they never overhauled their roster every year with 20 PLUS transfers who were key players at other schools. This circus has brought in 20 plus transfers the past 2 years. If they have such a great coaching staff then build a program starting with FRESHMAN.

Is that against the rules though cause last I checked it wasn’t but I don’t know all the moving parts of the league either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, standeeman said:

It does not matter if it's 2 or 100 kid's parents that are paying, it's a piss poor way of reacting to a problem. Do you know a lot of these parents are taking out loans to pay for their child to attend this school and believe me when I say $9,000 is a ton of money to them. I do agree with you that the MIAA should have stepped in long ago, but like always it the children and the paying parents that will be hurt the most.

IF this were about the kids and the game. It is unfortunately not. 

Edited by Upintheair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HY3 gets it.  If you are true coaches then recruit stud 8th graders and coach.  You cheated for a year or 2 to build a recognizable program but then you continued to violate MIAA transfer regulations.  Then you call Coach Holzer out because he was directed to do so.  Meanwhile, Holzer could out coach any of those bozos.  And let’s not forget that Loyola, Calvert Hall, Spalding and soon to be McDonogh all dropping them too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJC said:

I guess it was okay when Gilman was beating up on everyone.  This has a racial element to it unfortunately, I see a conspiracy to bring the SFA down.  Hopefully they can replace those duds with some schools that play real football at a high level.  I hear there are a few schools in the Hampton Roads area looking for games.

Lol yeah it was okay when Gilman was doing it. You must have missed the countless ***** fests about Gilman. Thing is even at Gilman he never went to the lengths he is now to recruit guys from all over the damn country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Is that against the rules though cause last I checked it wasn’t but I don’t know all the moving parts of the league either 

No but recruiting players actively on league teams is against the rules and they have been doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope these wealthy white men at SFA will be able to rebound from all of the racial prejudices being thrown at them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbmad said:

No but recruiting players actively on league teams is against the rules and they have been doing that

If this is true than I say ****em every school in the league should drop them but this accusation has to be proven also . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

GA your tucking your tail on this one along with mamba I’m shocked like I said earlier if rules were broken on a consistent basis I say the heck with them dropem where’s a statement from the league though cause this is a serious matter or are they in on it from behind the scenes 

Edited by GOOCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rules may or may not have been broken but we may never know for certain.  What I do know is that 4 Catholic schools had their athletic directors drop a member school because they couldn’t stand to lose to THEM.  These same schools didn’t have a problem getting their teeth bashed in by Gilman and McDonogh once the arms race started and they recruited better than everybody else.  #CatholicFragility 

Edited by TheGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGuru said:

Rules may or may not have been broken but we may never know for certain.  What I do know is that 4 Catholic schools had their athletic directors drop a member school because they couldn’t stand to lose to THEM.  These same schools didn’t have a problem getting their teeth bashed in by Gilman and McDonogh once the arms race started and they recruited better than everybody else.  #CatholicFragility 

Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Rules may or may not have been broken but we may never know for certain.  What I do know is that 4 Catholic schools had their athletic directors drop a member school because they couldn’t stand to lose to THEM.  These same schools didn’t have a problem getting their teeth bashed in by Gilman and McDonogh once the arms race started and they recruited better than everybody else.  #CatholicFragility 

Does THEM = Biff Poggi/Russell/McGregor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tiger1012 said:

Man...your kids can't stay eligible in a school to save their lives....and we talking bout WVU man! 

You must still be mad about that whopping we put on Glenelg couple years back, but hey it’s cool , good luck to your girl at The Mount 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0