Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

MSJ drops SFA

201 posts in this topic

Have there been any “student-athletes” who have played at SFA but then transferred after the season and did not finish out the year at SFA?? 

Please post if you’ve heard of any rumors of this happening at other MIAA schools too.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Bully said:

Ok.  Racial.  Have you seen the make up of the other schools in the league.  MSJ is in West Baltimore and unlike SFA, their football team is made up of a lot of city kids.  Poggis and Henry have been playing u guys to get what they want.  Which is national recognition. They started this at Gilman but couldn’t take it to the next level because Gilman admin squashed it.  The Poggis have silver spoons tied to their wastes.  They stealing everyone’s kids to build a team with that silver spoon money.  They want to call out real Baltimore city kids, and coaches with integrity on public social media platforms.  They are acting like spoiled entitled *****e$ because other teams have had enough of their cheating ways.  MIAA leadership should be doing more and I suspect they will once McDonogh announces they are dropping them too.  Gilman should do the right thing, drop them and support the integrity of the MIAA league.  MIAA can have a very competitive conference without SFA.  SFA can move on to the bigger and better things they’ve paid for.

The players are not making this decision.  The adults are.  None of those Catholic MIAA schools have a black administrator, AD or a majority black fan base except SFA.  This is about fragile Catholic fanbases that don’t like getting their asses handed to them by THAT team on Chase Street & Greenmount Ave.

Edited by TheGuru

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I hope these wealthy white men at SFA will be able to rebound from all of the racial prejudices being thrown at them. 

It’s the school and the kids in the football  program that are the victims of white fragility. The coaches are man enough to deal with it but the young men don’t deserve this.  **** the MIAA and every school that hamstrung SFA from finding replacements on their schedule by doing this so late in the game.

7 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

It’s the school and the kids in the football  program that are the victims of white fragility. The coaches are man enough to deal with it but the young men don’t deserve this.  **** the MIAA and every school that hamstrung SFA from finding replacements on their schedule by doing this so late in the game.

I agree Guru but I wish you would’ve said this when they removed the Rev Do Right for no reason remember he’s a brother 🤷🏿‍♂️

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

That’s a lazy analysis. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I guess there is a very small chance that you’re on to something, but without sharing facts or logic your extremely severe claim holds zero weight.

Edited by Silverbullet

I saw one post on twitter that said Msj lost  to Gilman  7 times in a row by an average of 20 points and no complaints but lose to SFA two times in a row by average of 15 and u scared to play lol

1 hour ago, observenreport said:

Have there been any “student-athletes” who have played at SFA but then transferred after the season and did not finish out the year at SFA?? 

Please post if you’ve heard of any rumors of this happening at other MIAA schools too.

Clay Vance did this, he was at Pallotti, then went to Avalon

29 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

I agree Guru but I wish you would’ve said this when they removed the Rev Do Right for no reason remember he’s a brother 🤷🏿‍♂️

Coach wasn’t getting it done.  He humbly stepped aside from all accounts so that the program could prosper.  I’m sure that he was a little hurt but the last two seasons were better than he could’ve ever produced.

7 minutes ago, city40blast said:

I saw one post on twitter that said Msj lost  to Gilman  7 times in a row by an average of 20 points and no complaints but lose to SFA two times in a row by average of 15 and u scared to play lol

Damn City!  Why’d you let facts get in the way of your argument!

29 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

That’s a lazy analysis. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I guess there is a very small chance that you’re on to something, but without sharing facts or logic you’re extremely severe claim holds zero weight.

It’s lazy according to you because you disagree.  People like you don’t believe that 💩 stinks until you smell it.  This situation reeks of fragility.  Stinking Catholic fragility!

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Coach wasn’t getting it done.  He humbly stepped aside from all accounts so that the program could prosper.  I’m sure that he was a little hurt but the last two seasons were better than he could’ve ever produced.

BS give him the players these guys paid  for he would win also 

Edited by GOOCH

8 hours ago, observenreport said:

No one has ever said they have a problem with what they are doing at SFA. I think it is great that they are giving guys from multiple different areas a chance to compete at a high level. The problem is that they are in the MIAA... Drop out of the MIAA and play an independent schedule. It would be fun to watch them play an IMG like schedule each year. 

Nothing like building a team with players from all over just to try and win a MIAA championship. If your goal is to win a National Championship, play a National Championship caliber schedule and not the MIAA.

Exactly - 

Wish them well, but obviously playing with a different set of rules and agenda. Anyone that does not see the number of transfers as absurd is not being honest with themselves.  

3 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

BS give him the players these guys paid  for he would win also 

Maybe, maybe not.  To get those players he would have to shell out a lot of dough. It’s all conjecture on your part, Gooch.

Simple minds find simple answers.  What does Gilman beating bad MSJ teams by 20 have to do with anything.  Gilman had great programs and MSJ didn’t.  MSJ best Gilman 2 years in a row and I’d pick to beat again this year.  Who cares.  You keep forgetting that the entire league is refusing to play them because the entire league sees the recruiting/transfer abuse that violates MIAA rules.  MIAA leadership was spineless and didn’t act on the information they had so the coaches are acting for them.  MCD is not a catholic school.  Play by the rules or get out.  SFA made their decision.  

39 minutes ago, city40blast said:

I mean ya know 

What this all boils down to is had the blue bloods did this 1st it wouldn’t have been an issue. 

JB I’ll PM you in a min once I’m done on the grill

8 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

What this all boils down to is had the blue bloods did this 1st it wouldn’t have been an issue. 

JB I’ll PM you in a min once I’m done on the grill

The blue bloods did it first, BOAB. They started the arms race.   That’s what I screamed about on this board since 2008 or so.  LB, MSJ and AS followers were quiet as church mice.  SFA takes it to the next level and now they’re whining and crying like they’re passing kidney stones.  It’s hypocrisy.

Some of the comments I am seeing are crazy! For those of you that see this as racial issue or simply schools not wanting to play them because they are afraid of losing is even more ludicrous! 

This situation has nothing to do with race or fear of losing, it has to do with a school (St. Francis) and coaching staff that decided they wanted to build a football powerhouse with players outside the Baltimore area, the state of Maryland and even the country.  If St. Francis Football was built with young men from Baltimore City who could benefit by attending a small Catholic High School where academics and athletics were equal and the focus was providing opportunities to disadvantaged young people from the city then yes, I would  agree this could be viewed as the rich white schools picking on the inner city African American Catholic HS. Everyone on this forum is smart enough to know this isn’t the case at all. St Francis has built a football powerhouse with kids from all over the east coast along with kids from out of country.  They have 30 plus kids with BCS offers to schools like Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Florida to name a few.  

Some of you have used words like scared, cowards, etc.... to describe St. Joe and the other A conference schools not wanting to play them. What Coach, administrator, parent or adult would ask a team like St. Joe who has maybe 1 or 2 potential D1 players along with a couple of small colldge players to play an East Coast All Star Team with a slew of players that are rated as 3, 4, 5 star recruits with BCS offers? This isn’t basketball or soccer, this is football!   You are placing kids in a very bad situation since football is a contact sport. Playing a team like St. Francis knowing that they have 30 plus kids with D1 offers from all over the east coast is a law suite waiting to happen.  

Again, we aren’t talking about some small Catholic school with a bunch of local kids that just chose to go St Francis and wound up playing football.  We aren’t talking a bunch of local kids that just worked hard in the weight room and improved their skills to make a great football team.  We are talking about a BOUGHT All Star football team made up 4 & 5 star recruits from as far away as a The country of France. Please stop with the words like -  cowards, scared, soft, etc...  

Finally, how about calling out the Coaches and leadership at St. Francis for being a bunch of hypocrites! Think of the number of disadvantaged and underprivileged kids in Baltimore City who could really benefit by going to St. Francis if Biff and the school were willing to put their money to helping the city kids instead of buying a national football power!  

8 minutes ago, Campy19 said:

Some of the comments I am seeing are crazy! For those of you that see this as racial issue or simply schools not wanting to play them because they are afraid of losing is even more ludicrous! 

This situation has nothing to do with race or fear of losing, it has to do with a school (St. Francis) and coaching staff that decided they wanted to build a football powerhouse with players outside the Baltimore area, the state of Maryland and even the country.  If St. Francis Football was built with young men from Baltimore City who could benefit by attending a small Catholic High School where academics and athletics were equal and the focus was providing opportunities to disadvantaged young people from the city then yes, I would  agree this could be viewed as the rich white schools picking on the inner city African American Catholic HS. Everyone on this forum is smart enough to know this isn’t the case at all. St Francis has built a football powerhouse with kids from all over the east coast along with kids from out of country.  They have 30 plus kids with BCS offers to schools like Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Florida to name a few.  

Some of you have used words like scared, cowards, etc.... to describe St. Joe and the other A conference schools not wanting to play them. What Coach, administrator, parent or adult would ask a team like St. Joe who has maybe 1 or 2 potential D1 players along with a couple of small colldge players to play an East Coast All Star Team with a slew of players that are rated as 3, 4, 5 star recruits with BCS offers? This isn’t basketball or soccer, this is football!   You are placing kids in a very bad situation since football is a contact sport. Playing a team like St. Francis knowing that they have 30 plus kids with D1 offers from all over the east coast is a law suite waiting to happen.  

Again, we aren’t talking about some small Catholic school with a bunch of local kids that just chose to go St Francis and wound up playing football.  We aren’t talking a bunch of local kids that just worked hard in the weight room and improved their skills to make a great football team.  We are talking about a BOUGHT All Star football team made up 4 & 5 star recruits from as far away as a The country of France. Please stop with the words like -  cowards, scared, soft, etc...  

Finally, how about calling out the Coaches and leadership at St. Francis for being a bunch of hypocrites! Think of the number of disadvantaged and underprivileged kids in Baltimore City who could really benefit by going to St. Francis if Biff and the school were willing to put their money to helping the city kids instead of buying a national football power!  

👀👀👀🤷🏿‍♂️

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Bully said:

Simple minds find simple answers.  What does Gilman beating bad MSJ teams by 20 have to do with anything.  Gilman had great programs and MSJ didn’t.  MSJ best Gilman 2 years in a row and I’d pick to beat again this year.  Who cares.  You keep forgetting that the entire league is refusing to play them because the entire league sees the recruiting/transfer abuse that violates MIAA rules.  MIAA leadership was spineless and didn’t act on the information they had so the coaches are acting for them.  MCD is not a catholic school.  Play by the rules or get out.  SFA made their decision.  

I hear your dog whistle, Bully.  Simple minds? “Lazy analysis” from SB.  If SFA is getting o-o-s transfers who live more than 50 miles from the school, what rule have they broken?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by TheGuru

13 minutes ago, Campy19 said:

I call BS

46 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

It’s lazy according to you because you disagree.  People like you don’t believe that 💩 stinks until you smell it.  This situation reeks of fragility.  Stinking Catholic fragility!

I don’t disagree. I told you there’s a very small chance you’re right. I think it’s weak of you because you’re acting on pure emotion. I just thought better of you, that’s all. 

White or Catholic people aren’t fragile. Historically, they are the complete opposite. But yea, don’t let facts get in the way of your silly tirade...

Posted (edited)

Somebody fact check Campy’s claim of 30 or so 3, 4 and 5 star playes from outside of Baltimore.  I too tired debating you guys. Shouldn’t have had those 3 pints. Beer makes me sleepy. Scout, Rivals or ESPN, please.  Not your slanted points of view.

Edited by TheGuru

21 minutes ago, Campy19 said:

Well said, but many posters would rather turn this into reality TV. 

17 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

The blue bloods did it first, BOAB. They started the arms race.   That’s what I screamed about on this board since 2008 or so.  LB, MSJ and AS followers were quiet as church mice.  SFA takes it to the next level and now they’re whining and crying like they’re passing kidney stones.  It’s hypocrisy.

So Giman an Mcdonogh were bringing in 20+ jr and sr transfers a year?  Don’t forget CHC they out to my man and were at the front of the line.  Question is gonna be did DD know his man gave up the goods.