Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thirteen

Worst records in franchise history

36 posts in this topic

1939 Browns - 43-111-2 - .279 (wins over 162 games (rounded): 45.2)

1911 Browns - 45-107 - .296 (48)

1937 Browns - 46-108-2 - .299 (48.4)

2018 Orioles - 17-39 - .304 (49.25)

1910 Browns - 47-107-4 - .305 (49.4)

1988 Orioles - 54-107 - .335 (54.25)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. If you're going to be bad, be bad. Get the #1 pick. Or at least top 3.

I still have zero faith in the organization to rebuild correctly.

Another 14 years of misery are unfortunately headed our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On pace to be FIVE games worse than 1988.  1988!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES!  This is the season we sorely needed.  BLOW THIS THING UP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Good. If you're going to be bad, be bad. Get the #1 pick. Or at least top 3.

I still have zero faith in the organization to rebuild correctly.

Another 14 years of misery are unfortunately headed our way.

I think they would screw up a top 3 pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manny said:

I think they would screw up a top 3 pick. 

I dont think so.  Usually the top 5 picks are pretty universally agreed upon.  You or I could have taken Manny Machado with 2 minutes of draft research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

I dont think so.  Usually the top 5 picks are pretty universally agreed upon.  You or I could have taken Manny Machado with 2 minutes of draft research.

You have to be thrilled Buck keeps putting Chrissy in the middle of the line-up.  100 losses is a lock.  A top 3 pick is a lock.  Buck has taken a bad team and made it historically rotten. Buck has to be your hero this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

You have to be thrilled Buck keeps putting Chrissy in the middle of the line-up.  100 losses is a lock.  A top 3 pick is a lock.  Buck has taken a bad team and made it historically rotten. Buck has to be your hero this year.

Oh yes.  He's doing his best managerial job of his career!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slidemaster said:

I dont think so.  Usually the top 5 picks are pretty universally agreed upon.  You or I could have taken Manny Machado with 2 minutes of draft research.

I could see them ruining a young hitter by insisting he listen to Terry Crowley. Likewise pitching development isn’t exactly stellar in this organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Manny said:

I could see them ruining a young hitter by insisting he listen to Terry Crowley. Likewise pitching development isn’t exactly stellar in this organization. 

It's worth noting that he was instrumental in developing that core of young Twins players, when they popped up and started making the post season in the late 90's early 2000's (Hunter, Mientkiewicz, LeCroy, Jones, Ortiz, et al.) 

With that said, that was 2 decades ago, and Crowley is 71 years old. He's 35 years removed from his last season as a player. I have to wonder if he's still a good voice for teaching the art of hitting. Sure, some fundamentals are timeless, but the game is so much faster now, than it was when he played. It's a very different game, especially in regard to how many pitchers a batter will face in a game. Does his message still resonate with kids in their early 20's? 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, weird-O said:

It's worth noting that he was instrumental in developing that core of young Twins players, when they popped up and started making the post season in the late 90's early 2000's (Hunter, Mientkiewicz, LeCroy, Jones, Ortiz, et al.) 

With that said, that was 2 decades ago, and Crowley is 71 years old. He's 35 years removed from his last season as a player. I have to wonder if he's still a good voice for teaching the art of hitting. Sure, some fundamentals are timeless, but the game is so much faster now, than it was when he played. It's a very different game, especially in regard to how many pitchers a batter will face in a game. Does his message still resonate with kids in their early 20's? 

  

The Angelos family thinks the world of the guy. One of his downfalls is he doesn’t value making pitchers work. He encourages them to go up there hacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 9:07 AM, Pickle20 said:

Good. If you're going to be bad, be bad. Get the #1 pick. Or at least top 3.

I still have zero faith in the organization to rebuild correctly.

Another 14 years of misery are unfortunately headed our way.

agree. There is no one in the Front Office with any vision or foresight to oversee a massive rebuilding project, nor does Baltimore have any talent evaluators with the wherewithal necessary to gauge a Top Three draft pick and...if the top pick is a pitcher...it’s been obvious since for almost 20 years they the organization cannot develop pitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a fun record we can watch Davis strive for.

Worst single season batting average.

.179 by Rob Deer in 1991. Adam Dunn tried mightily with his .159 in 2011 but he didn't get enough at bats to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think of the O's as a business, the management structure isn't designed for success.

 

Years ago I worked for a company during the boom time for real estate. Bad management but in a boom you can still make $$$$. When the economy went south the company did too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Orioles continue at their present pace. I can see them finishing 50 games out of first place. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Here's a fun record we can watch Davis strive for.

Worst single season batting average.

.179 by Rob Deer in 1991. Adam Dunn tried mightily with his .159 in 2011 but he didn't get enough at bats to qualify.

I did not realize what a lousy season Deer had in 1991: 25 home runs & 64 RBIs, Davis won’t get close to those numbers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can easily see us finishing with 50 wins. Especially after Manny is traded. The offense (and probably the defense as well) should be outlawed for cruel and unusual punishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday update - moving up two spots to #2 all-time worst!:

1939 Browns - 43-111-2 - .279 (wins over 162 games (rounded): 45.2)

2018 Orioles - 17-41 - .293 (47.5)

1911 Browns - 45-107 - .296 (48)

1937 Browns - 46-108-2 - .299 (48.4)

2018 Orioles - 17-39 - .304 (49.25)

1910 Browns - 47-107-4 - .305 (49.4)

1988 Orioles - 54-107 - .335 (54.25)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Monday update - moving up two spots to #2 all-time worst!:

1939 Browns - 43-111-2 - .279 (wins over 162 games (rounded): 45.2)

2018 Orioles - 17-41 - .293 (47.5)

1911 Browns - 45-107 - .296 (48)

1937 Browns - 46-108-2 - .299 (48.4)

2018 Orioles - 17-39 - .304 (49.25)

1910 Browns - 47-107-4 - .305 (49.4)

1988 Orioles - 54-107 - .335 (54.25)

 

 

Love this. At this point it’s something to genuinely root for.  Mainly to get higher draft picks and to force the clown show ownership to completely clean house from front office to manager to the on field product. And if they don’t then they truly are THE dumbest ownership team in sports.  

In fact the house cleaning should’ve already begun but the clown car ownership/ front office/ manager are content to stay the course since it’s working out so well (in their delusional minds at least). 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Love this. At this point it’s something to genuinely root for.  Mainly to get higher draft picks and to force the clown show ownership to completely clean house from front office to manager to the on field product. And if they don’t then they truly are THE dumbest ownership team in sports.  

In fact the house cleaning should’ve already begun but the clown car ownership/ front office/ manager are content to stay the course since it’s working out so well. 

I've been saying this for MONTHS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, the 1939 Browns were also 17-41 after 58 games. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game ahead of the 2003 Tigers (43-119) and 1962 Mets (40-120)  after 58 games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, Manny said:

Likewise pitching development isn’t exactly stellar in this organization. 

Undestatement alert!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pitbull said:

Undestatement alert!

What’s your prediction for Grayson Rodriguez? I say if he evens signs, he has major surgery by this time next year. His career numbers will mirror Brian Matusz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manny said:

What’s your prediction for Grayson Rodriguez? I say if he evens signs, he has major surgery by this time next year. His career numbers will mirror Brian Matusz. 

Did you see who they passed on for Hobgood II?  It's sickening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0