hst2

Obama was right

76 posts in this topic

Upon the election of Trump, based so much on white grievance, Obama suggested that maybe the country just wasn't ready for a Black president, and Trump's election represents a backlash to that.

 

Quote

But what was naively proclaimed in 2008 as post-racial America was instead kindling for white insecurity, and Trump cunningly exploited and stoked racial grievance with his subtle and overt nods to white nationalism. He is now leading the backlash to the Obama years and is seeking to extend white dominion as long as possible, with attempts to stem immigration, to suppress minority voting and to deter minority census participation.

● Trump had no criticism for Roseanne Barr ...

● Trump rallied supporters in Nashville with many of the race-based themes of his campaign...

● A new Harvard University study in the New England Journal of Medicine found the death toll in Puerto Rico from Hurricane Maria, officially 64, was at least 4,645. 

● And, finally, a new study by academic researchers in California found that opposition to welfare — another Trump fixation — has grown among white Americans....

Let’s not be deceived: The racial wedge Trump has driven through the United States cleaves us deeper all the time. It has been shown in innumerable studies and regression analyses that the main predictor of support for Trump is racial anxiety — far more than economic anxiety. That’s why Trump’s base remains rock-solid behind him even as the tax cut, in the first quarter, contributed to an 8 percent increase in corporate earnings but only a 1 percent increase in consumer spending — the lowest increase in five years...

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“White lash?” Why is CNN still employing Van Jones despite his racially insensitive comments? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Obama’s election, the fake news networks declared permanent gains for Democrats. Boy they got that one wrong. The Democrats have never been in worse shape. They will recover, but it’s a large hole to scale even to break even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Upon the election of Trump, based so much on white grievance, Obama suggested that maybe the country just wasn't ready for a Black president, and Trump's election represents a backlash to that.

 

Link

If America wasn't ready for a black president then how in the hell did he get elected twice with the help of a large number of white voters? And people say Obama wasn't a divider. BS! He just disrespected all the white voters who supported him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amerikkka is so anti-black that Obama, who wouldn't even have a chance without appealing to white voters, elected him twice. 

Trump won because the DNC arranged for Hillary's coronation and wound up as Trump's opponent.  :D 

LOLZ at Obama whining even after voters elected him president two times.  :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

If America wasn't ready for a black president then how in the hell did he get elected twice with the help of a large number of white voters? And people say Obama wasn't a divider. BS! He just disrespected all the white voters who supported him. 

Why do you say that? I am white and I never once felt like Obama felt that way.

Now Trump.....well....he is an equal opportunity disrespecter....unless you are a 1%er of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

If America wasn't ready for a black president then how in the hell did he get elected twice with the help of a large number of white voters? And people say Obama wasn't a divider. BS! He just disrespected all the white voters who supported him. 

Sara Palin and Mitt Romney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obama’s approvals were strong upon leaving office. 2016 was a referendum on Clinton, not Obama. Obama would have defeated Trump pretty easily. Stop complicating things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

If America wasn't ready for a black president then how in the hell did he get elected twice with the help of a large number of white voters? And people say Obama wasn't a divider. BS! He just disrespected all the white voters who supported him. 

I voted for Obama twice and I don't feel disrespected.   Those of you that did not vote for him seem to always be the ones that feel disrespected.  Now Trump (who I did not vote for)  always disrespects me along with many of those that did vote for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manny said:

“White lash?” Why is CNN still employing Van Jones despite his racially insensitive comments? 

LOL It's a great expression, that's why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of people are reading way too much into Trump's election, including Obama. Having a racist as president is traumatic, but he's an anomaly that took several very unusual external events to elect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manny said:

After Obama’s election, the fake news networks declared permanent gains for Democrats. Boy they got that one wrong. The Democrats have never been in worse shape. They will recover, but it’s a large hole to scale even to break even.

 

 

Fake News?

Ohhh you mean Fox and the White House.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michiganjoe said:

Lots of people are reading way too much into Trump's election, including Obama. Having a racist as president is traumatic, but he's an anomaly that took several very unusual external events to elect.

Isn't is amazing how science fiction writers predict the future?  submarines, space ships, etc.  In fact, the election of Donald Trump reminds me of a sci fi trilogy from years ago:  "The Foundation", by Isaac Asimov.  The book describes the rise of "The Mule", and  anomaly that was unpredicted, as well as the degradation of the Foundation society.  Sound familiar?  it is really eerie in its similarities.  The foundation survived because safeguards were put in place.  We will survive because there are similar safeguards.  Now we just have to hope we haven't reached Nostradamus' last quatrane.   The one about the end of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zenwalk said:

LOL It's a great expression, that's why. 

Despite the spin and excuses, it remains a racist statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The country was so not ready for a black president it elected him twice. At some point the rational people of the country must join together and say to the leftists " We appreciate your right to free speech but, I'm sorry,  you're idiots.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hst2 said:

Upon the election of Trump, based so much on white grievance, Obama suggested that maybe the country just wasn't ready for a Black president, and Trump's election represents a backlash to that.

 

Link

A couple whites kept telling me that racism was over because there was a black President. It always amuses me when those who aren’t feeling the brunt of racism telling me that racism is officially over. I knew it would be a new beginning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you still aspire to be anit-whte?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SemiAuto said:

Do you still aspire to be anit-whte?

 

“Anit-whte”?

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, songfourone said:

 

“Anit-whte”?

:D

Anti-white.   Come back when you have something better than a typo.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SemiAuto said:

Anti-white.   Come back when you have something better than a typo.  :)

 

 

5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Do you still aspire to be anit-whte?

 

Come back when have something better than “do you still aspire to be anti-whte”.

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

 

Come back when have something better than “do you still aspire to be anti-whte”.

:lol:

 

Hst2, do you want to correct him on this point?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Amerikkka is so anti-black that Obama, who wouldn't even have a chance without appealing to white voters, elected him twice. 

Trump won because the DNC arranged for Hillary's coronation and wound up as Trump's opponent.  :D 

LOLZ at Obama whining even after voters elected him president two times.  :P 

It's unbelievable isn't it .....

Isn't that something like that catch 22 thingy.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's laughable to say that Trump's win was because the country wasn't ready for a black president.  If that were the case Obama could have never won a second term.  The people not ready for a black president would have rallied to defeat him in his bid for re-election.  Trump's win was a combination of things that came together for a perfect storm.  It was improbable because he didn't have full support of the republican base.  But his opponent failed to keep the votes on her base that Obama had.  Trump's election came because of a few razor thin swing state wins.  If he had faced Obama instead of Hillary, he would not have won.  It didn't even need to be Obama, simply a better candidate who could have held the black vote, the millennial vote, and turned out the younger vote would have beaten him as well.  The biggest reason Trump won was because of the candidate on the other side.  And even that was only by a very small margin in a few swing states, and losing the popular vote by even more than Bush did in 2000.  A country not ready for a black president might have been complacent in 2008, but surely if that was true the election of 2012 would have ended with a resounding defeat for Obama.  It didn't.  The analysts might get better mileage out of saying the country wasn't ready for a woman president, but I don't even believe that.  The woman candidate didn't lose by millions of votes, in fact she got over 3 million more votes.  The reason the woman candidate lost was because of bad campaign strategy, and who that woman was, not because she was simply a woman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Manny said:

Despite the spin and excuses, it remains a racist statement. 

Use a baby wipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

A couple whites kept telling me that racism was over because there was a black President. It always amuses me when those who aren’t feeling the brunt of racism telling me that racism is officially over. I knew it would be a new beginning. 

Current definition of "racism" , a word invented to end debate . like "communist" in the 50's , you're not apologizing enough for being white . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now