Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prodigalson1

Why Do YOU Think Gas Prices Are Going Up?

225 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

Wait till the tariffs kick in.

His dumb tariffs will make cars more expensive so people may keep driving older less efficient cars helping to keep gas prices high.

A lose lose situation at best

5 minutes ago, Rocketwolf said:

His dumb tariffs will make cars more expensive so people may keep driving older less efficient cars helping to keep gas prices high.

He has no idea what he's doing. The country cannot be run like a faucet that you turn off and on like a spigot. 

Republicans in the House and Senate should be ashamed. 

Just now, prodigalson1 said:

He has no idea what he's doing. The country cannot be run like a faucet that you turn off and on like a spigot. 

Republicans in the House and Senate should be ashamed. 

"Have you no shame?"

A useful quote from the past.

Just now, Rocketwolf said:

"Have you no shame?"

A useful quote from the past.

I cannot believe that a large number of Republicans are not embarrassed by Donald Trump. It boggles my mind that they are in sync with his way of thinking. 

Maybe it's a dread fear of his base. If so, I've never seen anything like it.

11 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

I cannot believe that a large number of Republicans are not embarrassed by Donald Trump. It boggles my mind that they are in sync with his way of thinking. 

Not hard to believe. Congress is lining their pockets. Trump is signing anything put in front of him they are happy and have no shame.

8 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Not hard to believe. Congress is lining their pockets. Trump is signing anything put in front of him they are happy and have no shame.

I think there is going to be one hell of a bill to pay before it's all said and done. And Donald Trump will simply sip margaritas, eye girls much younger than his daughters and play golf while the Republican party is in shambles. 

We will see.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

I personally would rather have an older less efficient car minus the car payment than a new more efficient car with monthly payments. 

Edited by flyboy56

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

I personally would rather have an older less efficient car minus the car payment than a new more efficient car with monthly payments. 

yes exactly right

16 hours ago, Dystopia said:

Consequences of leaving the Iran Deal starting to take effect... not that the Iran Deal was great, but withdrawing has its consequences and rising gas prices are one of them. 

Maybe, I found this.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/05/08/fresh-u-s-sanctions-not-likely-to-strangle-irans-oil-market/

Then again, the oil market uses any excuse to raise prices.  I figure in a month or so we will have the oil stockpiles are unexpectedly higher than reported.

3 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Amen to that sir

4 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

3 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

yes exactly right

6 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Amen to that sir

With good reason.

18 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Growing global economy = increase in demand

increase in demand + reduced production (OPEC) = scarcity

scarcity = higher prices

-------

The only certain defense is more fuel efficient vehicles/alternative fuels. We can't drill our way out of the problem

but but but..... I though the US declared itself energy independent.....I though Trump said so ....so it must be the truth! :lol:

Ohh wait...my bad....he want's it....and he want's it to put yet more money into his buddies hands. 

Oil is mostly responsible for the imbalance, as the United States already produces as much as it consumes in coal, natural gas and electricity generation.

Experts predict the United States will become a net exporter of oil in the next five to 10 years. That could be expedited with high oil prices -- or pushed to after 2040 with low ones, according to the EIA.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1359/achieve-energy-independence/

5 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

$3 a gallon was predicted earlier this year. The article points to several reasons why.

http://www.ecbpublishing.com/will-gas-hit-5-gallon/

That's a long, long, article you want me to read. Could you cut an paste the part of it that consoles you and then tell me how if we suddenly pay $3.55 this summer compared to the last 3 summers the article will make it understandable and acceptable to the American public?  Maybe gas stations could give out leaflets of the article just before gas reaches the $5.00 shown in the link you gave.

I'm just asking why all of the sudden. Can you paste that part?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/#0

17 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

The GOP has breeding stupidity for so long they finally got what they wanted - a collection of amoral unprincipled nitwits who can't cross a room without falling on their face. Someone needs to grab them by their kittens. To paraphrase LBJ, grab them by their kittens and their hearts and minds will follow.

20 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Growing global economy = increase in demand

increase in demand + reduced production (OPEC) = scarcity

scarcity = higher prices

-------

The only certain defense is more fuel efficient vehicles/alternative fuels. We can't drill our way out of the problem

We can't drill our way out of it?  U.S. oil output to surpass record earlier than expected: EIA

5 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

The GOP has breeding stupidity for so long they finally got what they wanted - a collection of amoral unprincipled nitwits who can't cross a room without falling on their face. Someone needs to grab them by their kittens. To paraphrase LBJ, grab them by their kittens and their hearts and minds will follow.

In spite of his warts I always liked LBJ. In fact, I liked it better when we elected politicians to serve as presidents. They all had a decorum regardless of party, that has completely disappeared with the election of the reality show real estate man from Queens.

I think GOP may have gotten more than they bargained for with DT and many of them secretly regret it. Still, their silence screams that something is terribly wrong.

19 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

It's summer time and gas prices generally rise due to increased traveling. 

and government regulated summer blends which are more expensive .....

It's Obama's fault.  At least that's what we were told for years.

More of it is due to a pretty healthy global economy (it's a demand thing).

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

In spite of his warts I always liked LBJ. In fact, I liked it better when we elected politicians to serve as presidents. They all had a decorum regardless of party, that has completely disappeared with the election of the reality show real estate man from Queens.

I think GOP may have gotten more than they bargained for with DT and many of them secretly regret it. Still, their silence screams that something is terribly wrong.

The saving grace of LBJ was being born into poverty. He had a basis of comparison that the usual Yale'Harvard educated types didn't. 

As for these republicans, they evidently don't get that their Trump nickle raise will be eaten up and pooped out by gas prices that rise from having a mentally and emotionally unstable child for a president.

Edited by zenwalk

Just now, SemiAuto said:

Notice how the residential Trump supporters come up with the excuses meant to point the finger away from Trump even though there has been few to no explicit accusations that Trump is the cause of the rising gas prices. I bet if gas were 2.10 it would be a part of the 'winning' due to Donald being in office.

Donald is however doing something related to gas. He wants to roll back Pres.Obama's requirement that the auto makers produce cars that get 50 miles to the gallon in cars produced from 2022-2025. His EPA is working on rescinding that one.

3 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

The saving grace of LBJ was being born into poverty. He had a basis of comparison that the usual Yale'Harvard educated types didn't. 

As for these republicans, they evidently don't get that their Trump nickle raise will be eaten up and pooped out by gas prices that rise from having a mentally and emotionally unstable child for a president.

There goes the great tax break for the little people.