Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zenwalk

Trump to Host Ramadan Dinner

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Will anyone tip off the Child King that Big Macs are not halal? After all, we wouldn't want him to heave his rattle from the heights of his high chair.

They can be.

Edited by Baltimatt

6 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

They can be.

LOL. My father used to be plant manager at Domino and the kosher sugar was the pile on one side of the room. On the other side was the same sugar in another pile. The rabbi would come in every so often and bless the sugar on the one side and it was officially kosher. I get that but I find it hard to picture McD's slitting the throats of living cows as is required by halal.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Don't know about Planned Parenthood, but I'd wager that if anyplace was holding huge gay Iftaar celebration, it'd be a place like San Francisco or, on the other side of the pond, London.  

So true. They wanted to be accepted by their fellow Democrat group, but as of right now, the love is very one-sided.  Personally I think LGBT groups should  stop pandering to radicals stuck in the 12th century. 

Edited by Manny

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

So true. They wanted to be accepted by their fellow Democrat group, but as of right now, the love is very one-sided.  Personally I think LGBT groups should  stop pandering to radicals stuck in the 12th century. 

Why would muslims in particular be embraced by LGBT groups, Manny? Why would London and SF be places more likely to have big Muslim celebrations for that matter? Muslims as a group are likely unable to afford to live in either place. What you call "love" is toleration of ideas. Maybe this is a clue that your argument is intolerant? 

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

There are LGBT Muslims.

12 hours ago, zenwalk said:

This should be the definition of cringeworthy. 

President Donald Trump will host an iftar dinner at the White House next week to recognize the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, according to a White House official, a departure from last year’s decision not to host the traditional post-sundown meal.

The iftar dinner is scheduled for Wednesday. The White House official declined to provide a list of attendees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/02/trump-ramadan-dinner-white-house-618763

Will Muslims be banned from it?

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

George Carlin jokes wouldn't survive this crowd .......

and that is where you'd be wrong.....the man was a comic genius...very intellectual....his jokes had several layers to them....the only people who wouldn't find him funny are trumpkins...george like to make fun of the under and uneducated....for example:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/43852-think-of-how-stupid-the-average-person-is-and-realize

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

https://www.thoughtco.com/george-carlin-quotes-2734320

"In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest.

and my favorite:

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're f**ked."

as they say, there is a bit of truth in humor

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Sorry it doesn't meet your approval. I will try better next time.

try real hard...I have low expectations...

3 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

and that is where you'd be wrong.....the man was a comic genius...very intellectual....his jokes had several layers to them....the only people who wouldn't find him funny are trumpkins...george like to make fun of the under and uneducated....for example:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/43852-think-of-how-stupid-the-average-person-is-and-realize

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest.

and my favorite:

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're f**ked."

That's some read. You spent 2 hrs putting that all together to impress me.

Thanks ......

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

There are LGBT Muslims.

They live in nuclear blast proof bunkers or their life expectancy is low.

1 hour ago, kandace said:

They live in nuclear blast proof bunkers or their life expectancy is low.

bunker....no

lead lined rebar concrete reinforced closet. 

yes. :lol:

Just now, volperdinger said:

Mmmkay. Trump’s unequivocal support of Israel, including moving the Israeli Embassy to Jerusalem, is an indicator of this, right? 

Trump supports whomever will support Trump, or haven't you learned that by now?  

Even as much as I detest Trump and what he stands for I must admit, the news today “presumes” his guilt while waiting for the proof to prove his guilt.

This is a case of the cart before the horse kinda thing

11 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Why hold a dinner for people who are fasting ......

This isn't a serious question, right?

6 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Sorry I have much better things to do. 

I am pretty sure that what most non Catholics know about it is as follow:

• Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ 
  • Easter celebrates his rising from the dead
  • Maybe that you were supposed to eat only fish on Friday.

Pretty simple list. 

If this was such a simple list, then why did you get it wrong? :rolleyes:

Catholics are instructed to eat no meat on Fridays.

Even "good" stereotypes are still stereotypes.

6 hours ago, hst2 said:

Will Muslims be banned from it?

Not if they stay at Trump International and book the all inclusive package. Book now and this week only we throw in a commemorative presidential key ring.  

I wonder if they will fondle the illuminated orb?

5 hours ago, stevez51 said:

That's some read. You spent 2 hrs putting that all together to impress me.

Thanks ......

took seconds....not very hard.....dealing in facts is easy and I am glad facts impress you....

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

If this was such a simple list, then why did you get it wrong? :rolleyes:

Catholics are instructed to eat no meat on Fridays.

Even "good" stereotypes are still stereotypes.

Excuse me for not meating (sic :lol:) you stringent legal requirements on phrasing.

I am Catholic....I know that.

Edited by Guido2

13 hours ago, zenwalk said:

Not if they stay at Trump International and book the all inclusive package. Book now and this week only we throw in a commemorative presidential key ring.  

I wonder if they will fondle the illuminated orb?

Is that what they call Trumps 'mr happy' now? :lol:

20 hours ago, Dystopia said:

Yikes! Heart attack on a plate.

And I wonder everyday and pray for everyday.....that he has one too many....and 'EEERrrkkkkk'.

20 hours ago, zenwalk said:

LOL. My father used to be plant manager at Domino and the kosher sugar was the pile on one side of the room. On the other side was the same sugar in another pile. The rabbi would come in every so often and bless the sugar on the one side and it was officially kosher. I get that but I find it hard to picture McD's slitting the throats of living cows as is required by halal.

I would guess that 'location' of the McD's may dictate the supply and demand. 

When i live in NJ, most ANY product you found on the shelves was duplicated with the Kosher version of the same product right next to it. Clearly labeled...but it was there. I am starting to notice here the central MD. that more and more supermarkets are putting up Halal products. In fact the Costco in EC/Columbia area has a freeaer full of lamb carcasses (I think) that are Halal. 

Supply and demand.

What you say about Kosher sugar applies to most things except animals. I seem to remember though that for meat to be kosher it has to been done by a rabbi or under the supervision on one. 

19 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

and my favorite:

AND BOY....AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH IN A NUTSHELL. 

15 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

Trump supports whomever will support Trump, or haven't you learned that by now?  

IMHO.....If Trump keeled over dead....and they put him in a glass box like Staline....the remaining core Trumpanieze would still flock to the glass case.....looking for his wisdom and thoughts. 

And they would not go away disappointed. Dead and under class or  alive the wisdom and thoughts would be the same. But with no tweets. :lol:

14 hours ago, ms maggie said:

This isn't a serious question, right?

Apparently he was "making a funny" :rolleyes: