Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Bob Nightengale on Machado, Britton, Brach & Jones

12 posts in this topic

A column by USA Today writer Bob Nightengale suggests the following possibilities at the Trade Deadline: Machado dealt to Fightin’ Phillies, Britton to the Astros, Brach to the Angels & Jones to the Mariners in a homecoming move. Thoughts?

The more i think about it the more i think Manny is resigned 

Jones stays to live out his days in Os hell 

The other two gone and take oday with you

24 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I truly wish I could believe that. 

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Good point about O’day. 

9 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Good point about O’day. 

Another bust FA resign by DD and the O's braintrust.  Hardy, Trumbo, Davis and O'Day.  Bust city.  230mil flush.  Eat it Angelos.  

It's June, so I guess trade rumor season is officially upon us. Everyone has an opinion, and until something happens to prove otherwise, they're all absolutely right.

By comparison, Jon Heyman has Zach Britton going to the Angels for OF prospect Brandon Marsh, a second-round draft pick in 2016. The Angels' closer situation has been described as "fluid," by Mike Scioscia, which means he isn't exactly slopping over with confidence at whoever goes out for the ninth.

The Phillies and Braves make the most sense as suitors for Machado. Not only are they both contending with Washington in the NL East, but both are deep enough in prospects to trade for Machado while at the same time not disrupt what they're building in the minors. 

3 hours ago, mdrunning said:

It's June, so I guess trade rumor season is officially upon us. Everyone has an opinion, and until something happens to prove otherwise, they're all absolutely right.

By comparison, Jon Heyman has Zach Britton going to the Angels for OF prospect Brandon Marsh, a second-round draft pick in 2016. The Angels' closer situation has been described as "fluid," by Mike Scioscia, which means he isn't exactly slopping over with confidence at whoever goes out for the ninth. 

Bud Norris was closing games for the Angels last year :) Yes, that Bud Norris.

6 hours ago, mdrunning said:

The Phillies and Braves make the most sense as suitors for Machado. Not only are they both contending with Washington in the NL East, but both are deep enough in prospects to trade for Machado while at the same time not disrupt what they're building in the minors. 

As a Braves fan I do NOT want Manny as a rental. Braves may call up Austin Riley to play 3rd.

1 hour ago, johnpolitics said:

As a Braves fan I do NOT want Manny as a rental. Braves may call up Austin Riley to play 3rd.

Mike Moustakas might be a viable alternative if the Braves aren't of a mind to burn to prospects or add much payroll.

20 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Another bust FA resign by DD and the O's braintrust.  Hardy, Trumbo, Davis and O'Day.  Bust city.  230mil flush.  Eat it Angelos.  

Compare that to the money we could have given Cruz, Markakis and Miller over that time. Even with re-signing Davis that is much better than what we've been left with.

14 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Compare that to the money we could have given Cruz, Markakis and Miller over that time. Even with re-signing Davis that is much better than what we've been left with.

It makes you want to barf. Sad, sad, sad decisions made but the Front Office.

20 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Mike Moustakas might be a viable alternative if the Braves aren't of a mind to burn to prospects or add much payroll.

Liberty Media is tight on the dollar.