Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

Prayers

21 posts in this topic

Prayers are needed for former McDonogh player Jordan McNair whose falling ill suddenly .

3 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Prayers are needed for former McDonogh player Jordan McNair whose falling ill suddenly .

I heard he’s in pretty dire straits, absolutely horrible to hear. Does anybody know exactly what happened? 

Need all the prayers and support the family can get.  

Heartbreaking to hear this.  Young man and family are in my prayers....

More news from Inside MD Sports:

More details have emerged about Jordan McNair, the Maryland football player who collapsed during an organized team workout last week.

According to a GoFundMe page created Wednesday in support of the family, McNair was airlifted to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, where he received a liver transplant a few days later, and “has been fighting for his life this past week.”

Three days ago, the Terps’ football program acknowledged the situation and said McNair was in "critical but stable condition" but didn’t provide details on what led to him being hospitalized, per the family’s request. The family still doesn’t want to disclose all the details of McNair’s medical condition according to the GoFundMe page, but it’s possible McNair suffered a heat stroke.

Former Towson player Gavin Class -- who received a liver transplant after suffering a heat stroke during a preseason practice in 2014 -- tweeted out his well wishes for McNair Monday. “Fellow heatstroke/liver transplant,” the tweet read. “Please keep in prayers.”

Class never suited up for Towson again after his near-death experience, though he tried to become the first D-I liver recipient to play college football. After participating in the Transplant Games in Cleveland in the summer of 2016 Class was ready to rejoin the Tigers, but the school argued it was unsafe. After months of fighting in court, Class’ football career was over.

Football isn’t important for McNair right now. According to the GoFundMe page, the 6-foot-4, 325 pound lineman is expected to remain hospitalized for "the next several months.” The page has already raised more than half of its $20,000 goal in less than 24 hours.

https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/More-Details-on-Jordan-McNairs-Health-Emerge-118861908

Prayers and strength to the McNair family. Makes all of the other stuff we have all debated on here insignificant.

With heavy heart sorry to say that Jordan passed away earlier today

8 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

That is awful condolences and prayers to his family. 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

Tough.. Was just reading Burrell's IG. Prayers

Edited by Tomslick

Man....I’m at a loss for very many words.   My condolences to his family.  Tough.....

My condolences to the McNair family.  Heart breaking to hear this...

Tragic news. Prayers go out to the family. 

Very very sad news.  Thoughts an prayers to his family.

Condolences to the McNair family we lost a good kid of our Md football fraternity today 

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Maryland will have to answer for this!! 

Damn right I smell negligence all over this situation