Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Supreme Court sides with baker in gay cake flap

211 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

By the lines.

Yes it is....nor do I know if there is another bakery within reasonable driving distance....but I bet there is. 

No they are discriminating. Just because they don't carry it....they should....they are discrimination against my taste buds. 

And If I am supposed to go to NJ to get my kielbasa fix....a large distance.....then why can't they drive to find a cake. 

BTW I know you have a stake in this....so....I understand your thinking 

They are discriminating by choosing what to sell.  That's not illegal.

28 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Defending Trump makes people look foolish, like Rudy:  :D  

"Narrow" means that it only applies to the facts in this case.

A ruling that is of limited application except to the parties in this case.

As has been explained, it has zero to do with the numbers.  It could be 9-0 and be a narrow ruling.

What's Trump got to do with any of this? :rolleyes:

When I saw the thread title, I knew it would be entertaining 👍🏾

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Then prepare to have posts edited or removed for personal attacks, or even getting a warning point.

I take that as more than an idle threat. 

I don't do personal attacks..... I do point out 'loose thinking'. Last I looked that is not a violation of TOS. :D

Edited by Guido2

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

To bad you live so far away. I would invite you over for about 2 days yard work....a few beers.....and we could take a ride over to a BMW or Mecedes dealership. Ohhhhh and we could use my beat up 1986 Jeep for trade in.

And watch what happens. 

One of my best clients came to me one day smelling from manure he just planted. Why should I judge him because he is a hard worker?

1 minute ago, Baltimatt said:

They are discriminating by choosing what to sell.  That's not illegal.

As I said ...you have a personal dog in this fight .....so lets stop now. 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

To bad you live so far away. I would invite you over for about 2 days yard work....a few beers.....and we could take a ride over to a BMW or Mecedes dealership. Ohhhhh and we could use my beat up 1986 Jeep for trade in.

And watch what happens. 

Maybe it wasn't due to your condition that they were repelled by you.

Edited by hst2

Just now, Guido2 said:

I don't do personal attacks..... 

😂😂😂😂

Just now, NCBirdfan said:

One of my best clients came to me one day smelling from manure he just planted. Why should I judge him because he is a hard worker?

Was he thinking about buying a nice BMer

Plus....key words....ONE OF MY BEST CLIENTS. So you know him. I doubt the BMer salesperson would know me from Adam. Big difference. 

2 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

What's Trump got to do with any of this? :rolleyes:

Junior.

Huge difference. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Maybe it wasn't due to your condition that they were repelled by you.

Ahhhhh hst.....it was a scenario. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I take that as more than an idle threat. 

I don't do personal attacks..... I do point out 'loose thinking'. Last I looked that is not a violation of TOS. 

If you noticed, I did edit your post to take out what I considered a personal attack.  So yes, that's not an idle thread.  

BTW, it's bad enough we don't have post numbers, but I find this timestamp thing a real pain.  Just give me the actual time something was posted; I can figure out if it was 37 minutes or one day ago.  (You do get a real time if you mouse over the elapsed timestamp, but I hate that.)  

Edited by Baltimatt

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

😂😂😂😂

Yes....you would post that. 

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Junior.

Huge difference. :rolleyes:

Well I wasn't intending on sounding like Trump Jr., but the first thought that entered my head when I saw "narrow ruling" was that it must be a 5-4 ruling, so when I saw that it was 7-2 I was surprised. 

4 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

When I saw the thread title, I knew it would be entertaining 👍🏾

They've already scrubbed the interaction I had with a certain poster who attempted to insult me and got embarrassed when it was pointed out that he was wrong. :D

Posted (edited)

Great ruling, but expected-- 7-2 also-- seems even a few of the more liberal Justices aren't quite as far out as the left "base" or lower court Judges-- you don't want any Muller- Trump- Russia issues going before SCOTUS, believe me. And every Trump one like travel bans, etc. will be reversed as well once they work their way to SCOTUS. But, we didn't even need Gorsuch on this one!

Edited by Saticon3

I'm an atheist. If I have a bakery and refuse to sell cakes to any evangelical Christians, that would be alright?

Was he thinking about buying a nice BMer

Plus....key words....ONE OF MY BEST CLIENTS. So you know him. I doubt the BMer salesperson would know me from Adam. Big difference. 

First of all you are making a silly argument. If someone has the money they should be able to buy anything they want. If this BMW dealership won't sell to the person you described, another one certainly will.

Just now, NCBirdfan said:

First of all you are making a silly argument.

Same thing with the Polish sausage at the Giant.  It's not in the same legal framework as this.

2 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

If you noticed, I did edit your post to take out what I considered a personal attack.  So yes, that's not an idle thread.  

BTW, it's bad enough we don't have post numbers, but I find this timestamp thing a real pain.  Just give me the actual time something was posted; I can figure out if it was 37 minutes or one day ago.  (You do get a real time if you mouse over the elapsed timestamp, but I hate that.)  

'Idle threat' :lol:

If you have .... I didn't notice....or it was a long time ago.

Thanks for the mousing tip....I didn't realize that.  Hey and you are closer  to the Server gods then I am ....and you can't get them to put the numbers back in? At least with the numbers you can say 'well if you look at post  1, 2 and 6 this is what you said' . Trying to post multiple quotes from multiple pages has always eluded me. You have a tip for that?

4 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

First of all you are making a silly argument. If someone has the money they should be able to buy anything they want. If this BMW dealership won't sell to the person you described, another one certainly will.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH yyyyessssssss............byngo and thank you just proved my point. 

2 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I'm an atheist. If I have a bakery and refuse to sell cakes to any evangelical Christians, that would be alright?

Yes.   I wouldn't think highly of you for doing so but I find my own freedom to be more important than your bad decisions.  The liberal idea of the free market is the voluntary exchange of goods and services for mutual benefit.   If you won't volunteer your services then it would be wrong for me to conscript you into them.  If I can do it to you then some day some one will do it to me.   This is not a road I want to go down.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, regularguy said:

If you are the ONLY bakery in town and there is none nearby or at all. It would not be alright.

Edited by Guido2

Jr shouldn't feel bad, some elected people didn't understand it too

27 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Nahhh it is too much fun taking pot shots and showing what ... he is. 

See the ellipsis?  I took out some name that you called hst2.  

'Idle threat' :lol:

If you have .... I didn't notice....or it was a long time ago.

Thanks for the mousing tip....I didn't realize that.  Hey and you are closer  to the Server gods then I am ....and you can't get them to put the numbers back in? At least with the numbers you can say 'well if you look at post  1, 2 and 6 this is what you said' . Trying to post multiple quotes from multiple pages has always eluded me. You have a tip for that?

See the + sign in the lower left side of a post?  Click that on each post you want to copy into one.