Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Baltimore Police commander under investigation for theft from police-community relations nonprofit

44 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

How do you know he's been home for an entire year? How do you know that he's been getting paid to sit at home for an entire year? 

Read the link provided.

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Manny said:

Read the link provided.

How about you use your massive copy and paste skills an post what justifies you comment about sitting at home.

Is it laziness, lack of skills or you prefer to waste people's time looking for something that probably isn't there.

In my experience here....when some one says 'it's in the link'....95% of the time it is not.

It was YOUR statement thus  YOUR burden of providing proof. 

So prove 'us' wrong Manny. It should be very easy to put this to rest. 

Edited by Guido2

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

How about you use your massive copy and paste skills an post what justifies you comment about sitting at home.

Is it laziness, lack of skills or you prefer to waste people's time looking for something that probably isn't there.

In my experience here....when some one says 'it's in the link'....95% of the time it is not.

I am on my phone. Not as simple to format. In the time it took you to draft your nonsensical rant, you could have looked it up. 

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am on my phone. Not as simple to format. In the time it took you to draft your nonsensical rant, you could have looked it up. 

So you were BSing us right?

11 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

It's you who is the lazy one. I know you never actually read the links but maybe it's time you start. Ever think of that?

17 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It's you who is the lazy one. I know you never actually read the links but maybe it's time you start. Ever think of that?

I suggest YMYOB. 

But yes this is you....being you.....never ignore an opportunity to rag on Guido. 

25 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I suggest YMYOB. 

But yes this is you....being you.....never ignore an opportunity to rag on Guido. 

Isn't that rich?  What is it you say to me when I tell you that I am not talking to you.  Wait for it, Wait for it, "this is a public forum if you don't want people responding then don't post".  LOL BAM

1 hour ago, bogart said:

Isn't that rich?  What is it you say to me when I tell you that I am not talking to you.  Wait for it, Wait for it, "this is a public forum if you don't want people responding then don't post".  LOL BAM

Hey..... I am just following the crowd. You never listen anyway.

So hey ...can't beat'm join'm. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Manny said:

I am honestly surprised the Sun reported it. If it were about an elected Democrat, they would have sat on it.

It is a chance to trash the BPD, of course they reported on it

On 6/8/2018 at 11:40 AM, Manny said:

Read the link provided.

Don't believe everything the media prints. Stress leave / FMLA doesn't work that way. After a certain time "away from work", your employer no longer pays you. You can be on stress leave and still be at work. It just so happens that Torran Burrus was on stress leave for an "amount of time" however I'm certain that he went back to work on an "administrative level / duty". He should be happy though...a little birdy told me that just as Col. Robinson was about to be suspended or terminated, he resigned from the police department. 

56 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Don't believe everything the media prints. Stress leave / FMLA doesn't work that way. After a certain time "away from work", your employer no longer pays you. You can be on stress leave and still be at work. It just so happens that Torran Burrus was on stress leave for an "amount of time" however I'm certain that he went back to work on an "administrative level / duty". He should be happy though...a little birdy told me that just as Col. Robinson was about to be suspended or terminated, he resigned from the police department. 

Resignation = pension salvation.  :)

2 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

If he was vested in his pension, which he probably is, it’s pretty hard to strip it. A friend of ours works in the personnel office of a local county. She said even getting fired is not grounds for taking one’s pension.

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

If he was vested in his pension, which he probably is, it’s pretty hard to strip it. A friend of ours works in the personnel office of a local county. She said even getting fired is not grounds for taking one’s pension.

I suspect that you are correct. I think that it takes gross misconduct to lose it, and it generally applies to not only police, but firefighters and most state and city employees. In other words, you have do something worse than theft, extortion or time card stuff to get it, however apparently some things are allowed to slip by.  

I was being semi-facetious. :)

Sometimes it is good to be a member of a union under a union contract. Rather than be 'on your own'. 

17 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Sometimes it is good to be a member of a union under a union contract. Rather than be 'on your own'. 

These pension vests are regardless whether you belong to a bargaining unit or not. A Colonel would not be in a union. He is clearly Management. 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

These pension vests are regardless whether you belong to a bargaining unit or not. A Colonel would not be in a union. He is clearly Management. 

I find that hard to believe.

But I have no proof either way. I would imagine someone like Lawman 27 could settle it. 

I suggest we just let this go in hopes that someone more closely associated with the PD provides the facts.

Since I am pretty sure we are both guessing at this point. 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I find that hard to believe.

But I have no proof either way. I would imagine someone like Lawman 27 could settle it. 

I suggest we just let this go in hopes that someone more closely associated with the PD provides the facts.

Since I am pretty sure we are both guessing at this point. 

You were supposedly in law enforcement? Have you ever seen a a Captain or above in a union?

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

You were supposedly in law enforcement? Have you ever seen a a Captain or above in a union?

Yes when I was a cop in No. Wildwood NJ. 

But do keep in mind....that every state...much like towns/cities/etc have different work contracts with the PD.....rules of membership may or maynot be exclusive to the rank and file. Again that was the late 70's-80's. That was then....this is now. 

That is why I deferred to Law. 

22 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Robinson did not have 25 years on. By resigning he forfeits his full pension. He'll only get 35-40 percent, depending on how much time he has in the department.