Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartman

Why Flying Stinks now and how it used to be!

5 posts in this topic

I never flew like This in the late 50's early 60's but even in the 70's & 80's it wasn't as bad as it is now. Just wondering if you brought out a Luxury Class airline if they could survive. Would people pay More than what they do now to really travel less crammed in like we are now? I think i would just a couple times a year for Vacation.

10 hours ago, Bartman said:

I never flew like This in the late 50's early 60's but even in the 70's & 80's it wasn't as bad as it is now. Just wondering if you brought out a Luxury Class airline if they could survive. Would people pay More than what they do now to really travel less crammed in like we are now? I think i would just a couple times a year for Vacation.

People already have the option of paying more...it's called Business Class or First Class.  If you want more than that there's Netjets and charters....

Posted (edited)

No thanks. You use to be allowed to smoke on planes. I'll take the rude passengers, minimal amenities, and torture device chairs over being trapped in a tube with people smoking.

The public revolt against smoking in public places is one of the best things to come out of our society.

Edited by Pickle20

On 6/5/2018 at 11:13 AM, boink said:

Coffee, tea, or me?

Oh that brings back memories...Saw that movie as a child with my Grandmom (?) in the early 70's. 

There are a lot of cool vintage images of the glory days of airline travel, but one thing they didn't have was todays modern weather avoidance systems, that allow planes to avoid a lot of the turbulence the earlier flights dealt with. It's cool until your ashtray lands in the seat row behind you.