soulflower

President Trump cancels White House invitation for Super Bowl champion Eagles

189 posts in this topic

USA Today: 

"The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow," Trump wrote in a statement. "They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.

"The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony - one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2018/06/04/donald-trump-cancels-eagles-white-house-visit/671446002/

He knew that they weren't going to go.

*shrugs* 

I really resent the way he uses this issue. I also really resent the way we are all required to publicly bow at the altar of 'the troops' or face the wrath.

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I really resent the way he uses this issue. I also really resent the way we are all required to publicly bow at the altar of 'the troops' or face the wrath.

I could be wrong but I don't recall hearing about any Eagles players kneeling during the National Anthem. 

Edited by soulflower

Poor Donnie. None of the cool kids want to play with him.

Just illustrates how foolish it was for the NFL to attempt to appease a racist.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

"Nationalism" has always been a great way to control the masses.  And how people can think a narcissist like Trump cares about "the troops" or really anyone for that matter is mind boggling.

at least one player is taking on the giant orange dotard's lies head on

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779487-torrey-smith-responds-to-donald-trump-disinviting-eagles-to-white-house?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

the NFL caved to a racists and a bully....and just like a bully, this malignant narcissist always wants more....

Torrey Smith just took down this liar in 3 tweets....

So many lies smh
Here are some facts
1. Not many people were going to go
2. No one refused to go simply because Trump “insists” folks stand for the anthem
3. The President continues to spread the false narrative that players are anti military

There are a lot of people on the team that have plenty of different views. The men and women that wanted to go should’ve been able to go. It’s a cowardly act to cancel the celebration because the majority of the people don’t want to see you. To make it about the anthem is foolish

If you are going to tweet...tweet facts...no one on the Eagles took a knee last season.

the giant orange dotard is becoming more unhinged by the day....

Never try to appease a racist. They are never satisfied until you are dead.

Racist white Americans didn’t stand for taxation without representation and racist whites today support that decision.

Yet they want blacks to stand for discrimination and racism.

Our moron president at work folks. SS, DD. 

9 hours ago, soulflower said:

I could be wrong but I don't recall hearing about any Eagles players kneeling during the National Anthem. 

Just further evidence that Trump is a moron. 

26 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Never try to appease a racist. They are never satisfied until you are dead.

Racist white Americans didn’t stand for taxation without representation and racist whites today support that decision.

Yet they want blacks to stand for discrimination and racism.

So you're saying that the founding fathers and people who chose to fight in the American Revolution were "racist white Americans"? Really?

Does your anti-white racism know no bounds of decency? Just curious....

22 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Our moron president at work folks. SS, DD. 

I wish he would play more golf

4 minutes ago, Papi said:

So you're saying that the founding fathers and people who chose to fight in the American Revolution were "racist white Americans"? Really?

Does your anti-white racism know no bounds of decency? Just curious....

Most were probably racists but they weren’t Nationalists like Trump...

Trump isn't a moron, he's firing up the base for the midterms. 

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Do you really want to be agreeing with Egypt? That is not your normal thoughtful approach. Branding even "most" people who were part of the American Revolution as "racists" just seem a bit over the top, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, ivanbalt said:

Moron to moron is his approach. Let's hope his moronic base continues to decline. 

If I recall, Brady didn't go last year, but he still let the team come....what a whinny little baby.

2 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

I doubt this will get them to vote in November but you’re 100% correct that his Base cares about this kind of stuff

NFL players are pouting they can't kneel anymore.  Trump wins again!

2 minutes ago, Papi said:

Do you really want to be agreeing with Egypt? That is not your normal thoughtful approach. Branding even "most" people who were part of the American Revolution as "racists" just seem a bit over the top, in my opinion. 

I’m certain that their views on women and minorities were probably not good. We’re talking about the 18th century here...

10 hours ago, soulflower said:

USA Today: 

I'm praying if the Caps when it all, they do the right thing and give Frump the finger at his invitation. The Warriors too.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

If I recall, Brady didn't go last year, but he still let the team come....what a whinny little baby.

Reports are he made extensive attempts to change that because he felt Brady's absence would be embarrassing to him. That's really what this is really about- Trump doesn't want to be embarrassed by a minuscule Eagle turnout.

Edit: here's the piece.

Trump grew angry in April 2017 when Tom Brady said he planned to skip the White House visit with the Patriots, huddling angrily with aides and even calling Patriots owner Robert Kraft. One former senior administration official described a chaotic scene unfolding over the heartlands of America, as Trump flew back from an event in Wisconsin. Trump made a number of calls and asked aides to help fix the situation, worried that Brady’s absence would reflect poorly on him.

Edited by michiganjoe
Add link

12 minutes ago, soulflower said:

You too now?