soulflower

President Trump cancels White House invitation for Super Bowl champion Eagles

189 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Yet you defend the previous administration, which is about to be exposed by the IG report. There are already leaks about how corrupt Comey is. The other shoe is about to drop. 

Sorry, but what are you talking about? I didn't say a damn thing about the previous administration... probably because that IS NOT the topic here.... so please stop deflecting.  I mean, I get it when you're trying to support an administration as disgusting and ridiculous as this one all you really have is deflection to other topics but it does get old after a while.

17 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

A current US Senator visited 3 locations just this week, and was admitted to two. He is an eye-witness. Also, the asylum seekers' dilemma has been corroborated by various major news outlets, advocacy groups, and asylum seeking mothers.

I detest illegal immigrants, but asylum seekers should not be treated as illegals. The are trying to come here the right way and jump through all the hoops. But being separated from your child while jumping through those hoops is not civilized.

No matter where you sit on the issue one thing I wish is that we could at least start being a bit more humane in how we discuss these things.  I mean really... you detest them?  DETEST?  Is that strong a word truly necessary?  Do you know all illegal immigrants and their stories enough to detest them?  My God think about how that sounds

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

No matter where you sit on the issue one thing I wish is that we could at least start being a bit more humane in how we discuss these things.  I mean really... you detest them?  DETEST?  Is that strong a word truly necessary?  Do you know all illegal immigrants and their stories enough to detest them?  My God think about how that sounds

I tell you what. You suggest a term more acceptable to you and I will edit my post.

Fair enough?

I will still oppose illegal immigration, but not asylum seekers.

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

1 minute ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

I tell you what. You suggest a term more acceptable to you and I will edit my post.

Fair enough?

You really can't come up with another way to say that on your own?  This sounds like a cop out response to me.  So no, it's not really "fair enough" to require ME to come up with a way for YOU to not sound so hateful

Look, I too am not at all comfortable with folks sneaking across the border... but I don't detest someone who's just trying to feed his family.  You can not like a situation and still at least understand the humanity of it.  It's not necessary to detest them.

28 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Yet you defend the previous administration, which is about to be exposed by the IG report. There are already leaks about how corrupt Comey is. The other shoe is about to drop. 

Have you seen the leaks you're talking about? I read the IG says Comey 'defied authority' but I haven't read anything about corruption. 

https://nypost.com/2018/06/06/comey-defied-authority-during-clinton-probe-inspector-general/

On 6/5/2018 at 2:44 PM, ericpd said:

Why don't we just go back to the way it was pre-2009 when it comes to our NFL games and events? Things would be so much better and that orange idiot in the oval office would have so much less to skew and pontificate about.

lol   ....it should be referred to as the Trump rule.   Want to protest during the NA?   Do it in the comfort of your locker room.  Trump won and the players are mad.

2 hours ago, banner1124 said:

First of all the border if fairly secure.  Stop believing the lies being peddled to you in the RWNJ betaverse.

Secondly, did you really just state that their language and culture is the norm in Mexico?  You do realize most of these folks are coming from Central America right?  You do realize that all these brown people are not the same and that their languages and cultures differ right?

Oh, and maybe they are coming here because THIS is the place that is largely responsible for their homes becoming uninhabitable in the first damn place.

What is the most common language spoken in Central America?
Most Popular Central American Languages
Language name Country/region spoken Approximate number of speakers
1. Spanish Throughout Central America 32 million
2. Mayan languages Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador 4.5 million
3. English Creoles Panama, Belize, Nicaragua 400,000
4. Miskito Nicaragua and Honduras 180,000
6 more rows

2 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

I'm not taking your word for that blanket statement.

Link Please!

You imply that no one ever seeks asylum in the U.S.

BTW - The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiyxMHp47_bAhUDqlkKHcpRBCsQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2671292%2FThe-cheat-sheet-near-Mexico-border-shows-illegal-immigrants-guarantee-asylum-hearing-usually-release-detained-U-S-authorities.html&usg=AOvVaw2U1gFyNoCOKiy3PL3As6ah

9 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:
What is the most common language spoken in Central America?
Most Popular Central American Languages
Language name Country/region spoken Approximate number of speakers
1. Spanish Throughout Central America 32 million
2. Mayan languages Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador 4.5 million
3. English Creoles Panama, Belize, Nicaragua 400,000
4. Miskito Nicaragua and Honduras 180,000
6 more rows

Yeah, and I bet it's the same "version" of Spanish there as EVERYPLACE else right? :rolleyes:

Well they all speak Spanish so they must be the same huh? :rolleyes:

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiyxMHp47_bAhUDqlkKHcpRBCsQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2671292%2FThe-cheat-sheet-near-Mexico-border-shows-illegal-immigrants-guarantee-asylum-hearing-usually-release-detained-U-S-authorities.html&usg=AOvVaw2U1gFyNoCOKiy3PL3As6ah

Just because someone might appear to be speaking from a script doesn't mean that they aren't telling the truth.  Wouldn't it make sense for someone to be as prepared as possible when making their plea?

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Yeah, and I bet it's the same "version" of Spanish there as EVERYPLACE else right? :rolleyes:

Well they all speak Spanish so they must be the same huh? :rolleyes:

I'll have to disagree with you there. Most Americans speak English, yet look how different we all are. I've been to other countries and not speaking the language is a huge obstacle to overcome.

10 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

He embarrasses me every day. I hope he is either removed from office, or Pence runs in 20. The people worried about Roe v Wade being overturned backed Bill Clinton because he supported their cause. I don't blame them. That's the situation conservatives are caught in now. BUT, as a bible believing Christian, mankind is right on schedule, no matter who is in office.

I did not expect that, I am surprised. Your honesty is refreshing. 

I wish I knew what you meant by "mankind is right on schedule, no matter who is in office."

Nonetheless,  I now see you in a different light and it is more positive. 

(Not that how I see you matters to a hill of beans, but I no longer view you as a Trumpkin)

1 hour ago, prodigalson1 said:

I did not expect that, I am surprised. Your honesty is refreshing. 

I wish I knew what you meant by "mankind is right on schedule, no matter who is in office."

Nonetheless,  I now see you in a different light and it is more positive. 

(Not that how I see you matters to a hill of beans, but I no longer view you as a Trumpkin)

Rapture...Santa Claus...Easter Bunny. Some fairy tale. 

32 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Rapture...Santa Claus...Easter Bunny. Some fairy tale. 

I wish he'd say. But I don't expect him to.

15 hours ago, Boobie said:

lol   ....it should be referred to as the Trump rule.   Want to protest during the NA?   Do it in the comfort of your locker room.  Trump won and the players are mad.

Trump hasn't won any thing except disdain from the City of Philadelphia, 95% of the NFL players, the NFL Players Association, and the NFL owners. Forced patriotism is an animal that will assuredly turn and bite you,... just remember that. 

10 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

I wish he'd say. But I don't expect him to.

For the most part I keep my beliefs on religion to myself. I’m happy to share if someone is interested, but as a Christian, on this forum you open yourself to mocking and insults, as Picke20 did. For the record, I’m a bible believing Christian, so I do not celebrate Christmas, Easter etc, as it isn’t a bible teaching. For the same reason I’m against the death penalty, or any government intrusion that uses my tax money for anything that goes against my beliefs. It gets complicated. I don’t believe in abortion, but I don’t believe the government should take a position on it one way or the other. That would be between that person and whatever they believe. Since you asked, I do believe we are in the end times, and things will get worse. For how long? It may stretch out for centuries, I have no idea, so I do the best I can to protect myself, friends and family. I am happy to discuss my position on issues. I am not always right, but I try to be honest. I don’t enjoy argument for the sake of argument or exchange of insults. Thanks for your insight and I do care what you think.

20 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Fair enough?

I will still oppose illegal immigration, but not asylum seekers.

I'm not sure you know this but illegal immigrants are human beings with consciences. They are not animals that can be quickly disposed.

17 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Just because someone might appear to be speaking from a script doesn't mean that they aren't telling the truth.  Wouldn't it make sense for someone to be as prepared as possible when making their plea?

I'm hardly willing to take the word of border guards. Some of them are more criminal than the people they confront.

But like Trump, many people would rather the police, as opposed to a judge, be responsible for their due process. Creepy stuff. Shades of totalitarianism.

2 hours ago, ericpd said:

Trump hasn't won any thing except disdain from the City of Philadelphia, 95% of the NFL players, the NFL Players Association, and the NFL owners. Forced patriotism is an animal that will assuredly turn and bite you,... just remember that. 

enjoy kneeling in the locker room ...lol

I'm just sick of the whole thing and want to get back to the time when football united people on Sundays instead of divided them even more.

I'm a PSL owner. I'm going to arrive as late as possible so I can miss the anthem.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I'm just sick of the whole thing and want to get back to the time when football united people on Sundays instead of divided them even more.

I'm a PSL owner. I'm going to arrive as late as possible so I can miss the anthem.

PSL to watch the Ravens?    lmao

3 minutes ago, Boobie said:

PSL to watch the Ravens?    lmao

Yup. I have two of them actually.

:P

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Yup. I have two of them actually.

:P

lol