Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldBallCoach

McD drops SFA

62 posts in this topic

DeMatha with a strong q.b performance and six significant transfers may very likely be favored over SJC...  They must have at least seven or eight three and four stars.

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

DeMatha with a strong q.b performance and six significant transfers may very likely be favored over SJC...  They must have at least seven or eight three and four stars.

DeMatha has 13 D-1 Power 5 offered players right now. The question with them is can they score. 

SJC is obviously loaded too. Coaching will decide the winner between DM and SJC. Both teams are all star squads. 

Gonzaga is flying below the radar right now. They have more top end talent than Good Counsel. The QB is the best in the area as a sophomore.

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

DeMatha has 13 D-1 Power 5 offered players right now. The question with them is can they score. 

SJC is obviously loaded too. Coaching will decide the winner between DM and SJC. Both teams are all star squads. 

Gonzaga is flying below the radar right now. They have more top end talent than Good Counsel. The QB is the best in the area as a sophomore.

I read a report of the PSU 7-on-7 that DM beat GZ and DeMatha’s “B” team with their own rising sophomore won three in a row.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:32 PM, BigDrop said:

Favored only if SJC comes into that game with a losing record and banged up. Other than that no way DM is favored because SJC is loaded.

Hearing their QB is the real deal too. Hard match ups are DM's CB vs SJC receivers they also have a 6'8" TE. Its gonna be tough because you cant match Marrco and Nick up with everybody. They have to pick their poison.

Edited by Tomslick

24 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Favored only if SJC comes into that game with a losing record and banged up. Other than that no way DM is favored because SJC is loaded.

Hearing their QB is the real deal too. Hard match ups are DM's CB vs SJC receivers they also have a 6'8" TE. Its gonna be tough because you cant match Marrco and Nick up with everybody. They have to pick your poison.

Yea SJC deserves to be the favorite. They beat DM twice last season and won the league. DM’s CB’s are going to have to play well to beat SJC. DM has the best safety duo in the country with Hellams and Cross, but SJC will be running 4-5 studs at WR for 2018. DM’s DL is better and deeper than SJC’s OL, so that’s a match up they will have to rely on also. If the DM LB’s(Penn) can minimize what Robinson does out of the backfield, the game will be very, very close. 

Yea SJC deserves to be the favorite. They beat DM twice last season and won the league. DM’s CB’s are going to have to play well to beat SJC. DM has the best safety duo in the country with Hellams and Cross, but SJC will be running 4-5 studs at WR for 2018. DM’s DL is better and deeper than SJC’s OL, so that’s a match up they will have to rely on also. If the DM LB’s(Penn) can minimize what Robinson does out of the backfield, the game will be very, very close. 

I don't think the new LB is better than last years

You might be asking for too much from Penn. I mean, kids get better. So not going to say he won’t have a big impact. But he hasn’t shown much of anything so far in high school. And he’s a reclass, so it’s not like he’s young. 

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You might be asking for too much from Penn. I mean, kids get better. So not going to say he won’t have a big impact. But he hasn’t shown much of anything so far in high school. And he’s a reclass, so it’s not like he’s young. 

Probably best to be cautious, but that’s not me. Never has been. I see the offers and measurables and trust the DM coaching staff to do the rest. I remember when everyone was saying Chase Young was overrated coming from Pallotti. He ended up being the best defensive player on a top 10 team in the nation as a junior. We’ll see...

On 6/22/2018 at 5:29 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hasn’t shown much I disagree he showed more than Lee when he was a freshman  and has the offers to back him up GA you have a habit of trying to dog kids because they turned your alma mater down Penns a stud and if he were at Gilman you’d call him the best lb in the country 

20 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Hasn’t shown much I disagree he showed more than Lee when he was a freshman  and has the offers to back him up GA you have a habit of trying to dog kids because they turned your alma mater down Penns a stud and if he were at Gilman you’d call him the best lb in the country 

Bingo! 

On 6/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, GOOCH said:

Please do not compare him to Shane! You’re insane!!! He’s not even close to being on that level. I understand that’s your people, but he’s not that good. They’re the same age, has Penn ever made any All Met teams? What about even All MIAA? 

Turned down Gilman, he was at Gilman. And would still be there, if Biff was there. I give credit where it’s due. Like with Jacobs! He left Gilman, what’s your excuse there? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

9 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Please do not compare him to Shane! You’re insane!!! He’s not even close to being on that level. I understand that’s your people, but he’s not that good. They’re the same age, has Penn ever made any All Met teams? What about even All MIAA? 

Turned down Gilman, he was at Gilman. And would still be there, if Biff was there. I give credit where it’s due. Like with Jacobs! He left Gilman, what’s your excuse there? 

Same Age? One is a Sr and one a Soph. How is the soph gonna be able to play as a Sr?