Slidemaster

Insane stat

12 posts in this topic

I was listening to the Mariners Astros game on the way home, and heard the announcers mention that Dallas Keuchel is tied for the league lead in losses with seven

The other three pictures in the league with 7 losses all pitch for your very own Baltimore Orioles: Bundy, Cashner, and Cobb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine, every time you take the mound, you know you have to pitch a shut out, and you still face the likelihood that you'll leave the game with a no decision. Because your team probably won't score a single run for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before last night's huge win against the Mets... I think the Orioles were 21-60 in their last 81 games going back to last year. That's a pretty insane stat too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Slidemaster said:

I was listening to the Mariners Astros game on the way home, and heard the announcers mention that Dallas Keuchel is tied for the league lead in losses with seven

The other three pictures in the league with 7 losses all pitch for your very own Baltimore Orioles: Bundy, Cashner, and Cobb.

Think about this for a moment (and try not to gag). If Tillman had not been "injured", we'd have 4 SPs with 7 - or more - losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weird-O said:

Imagine, every time you take the mound, you know you have to pitch a shut out, and you still face the likelihood that you'll leave the game with a no decision. Because your team probably won't score a single run for you.

And the Front Office continues to do nothing about the one-dimensional offense. Birdland Power Company!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pitbull said:

And the Front Office continues to do nothing about the one-dimensional offense. Birdland Power Company!

Why would they? They've built the roster they wanted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weird-O said:

Why would they? They've built the roster they wanted. 

They like our guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've lost 41 games...who exactly did you think would have all the losses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weird-O said:

Imagine, every time you take the mound, you know you have to pitch a shut out, and you still face the likelihood that you'll leave the game with a no decision. Because your team probably won't score a single run for you.

Things will get better. This organization will gave hitters take advice from “the Crow.” Seriously I have never seen a mediocre coach linger in an organization so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manny said:

Things will get better. This organization will gave hitters take advice from “the Crow.” Seriously I have never seen a mediocre coach linger in an organization so long.

The O's are a "good 'ol boys" club. It's marketed as a nod to the team's history, and so forth. I'd be lying if I said I  was familiar with all the minor league coaches. But I'm honest when I say the system could use a reboot, and clean out the lot of 'em.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Struds said:

Think about this for a moment (and try not to gag). If Tillman had not been "injured", we'd have 4 SPs with 7 - or more - losses.

That is a FAR cry from 1971 when the Birds had four 20 game winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, weird-O said:

The O's are a "good 'ol boys" club. It's marketed as a nod to the team's history, and so forth. I'd be lying if I said I  was familiar with all the minor league coaches. But I'm honest when I say the system could use a reboot, and clean out the lot of 'em.  

They won’t ever “clean house.” Some of these alumni are superstars in the eyes of Lew Angelos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now