Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

New Washington Post poll

126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dinglehopper said:

If Hogan wins what next?  He does not seem to have the outsized personality for Presidential consideration.  But a Republican that can win in Maryland will always get Natìonal attention 

In all likely hood Hogan will win. Next cycle the Republicans will likely not come up with a viable candidate so a Dem will win. And after 4 years of increased non-working social programs and toll, fee and tax increases. Hogan will run again and get elected. 

Remember you read it here first. :D

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

Sounds like an enthusiasm gap

No doubt. In reading todays Sun article continued to point out that NONE of the candidates have any worthwhile distinguishing plans or ideas. That basically it is the same Dem/lib rhetoric.....re-gifted so to speak. Maybe different names but the same 'gift'. Not enough spending on schools, or the city, or addressing the opioid epidemic  or reducing the incarceration of black men. 

YAWN. The Sun also pointed out that Hogan has addressed all those things (and well too...a shocker coming from the SUN)..

Now if there was no Hogan to vote for....this one quote from the Sun would immediately turn me off about voting for ANY one of them. 

Regarding the death of Officer Caprio

All seven candidates cast the teenagers -as well as Caprio-as victims. The said the teenagers had been failed by the state in some way or another. Either schools did not do enough to keep them out of trouble or the juvenile justice system did not do enough to rehabilitate them while in their care.

NOT ONE WORD OF BLAME ABOUT THE AHHHHHHHH PARENTS....NOT ONE. SMH. Typical!

Edited by Guido2

37 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

In all likely hood Hogan will win. Next cycle the Republicans will likely not come up with a viable candidate so a Dem will win. And after 4 years of increased non-working social programs and toll, fee and tax increases. Hogan will run again and get elected.

And then he'll cancel the Red Line again, and Marshan Man's head will explode.

1 minute ago, Thirteen said:

From what I have been reading....it's revival was mentioned only very early in their campaigns. Seem it has drifted off into the atmosphere.

Even that group figured out it was a boondoggle. Setting aside all the expense etc. it would become mass transits version of the incompletion of 70 due to destruction or inconveniencing predominately black neighborhoods. DOA

6 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

To late. :D

He never did admit he was disappointed only because one of the stops would have been right near his house. :D

7 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

To late. :D

He never did admit he was disappointed only because one of the stops would have been right near his house. :D

None of the stops would have been near my house. I could drive to a stop. 

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

From what I have been reading....it's revival was mentioned only very early in their campaigns. Seem it has drifted off into the atmosphere.

Even that group figured out it was a boondoggle. Setting aside all the expense etc. it would become mass transits version of the incompletion of 70 due to destruction or inconveniencing predominately black neighborhoods. DOA

No. They’re still proposing it. Hogan is the boondoggle. 

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

No. They’re still proposing it. Hogan is the boondoggle. 

Well if by some quirk of fate.....a dem gets in office.....I do hope that they get shovels in the ground right away.

So in a few years we on these forums have plenty to talk about as it fails miserably. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

None of the stops would have been near my house. I could drive to a stop. 

Thanks for clarifying.....not that I believe you. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Well if by some quirk of fate.....a dem gets in office.....I do hope that they get shovels in the ground right away.

So in a few years we on these forums have plenty to talk about as it fails miserably. :lol:

Have to apply for the funding again. Hogan screwed that up. 

And how exactly could the red line fail miserably?? How does that even work?? 

Edited by Marshan Man

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

Have you caught the Johnny O ad ..??

At the end I was waiting for the kids to ask him to buy them some beer.

I've gotten a number of his mailiers... most recently one that champions the rights of Section 8 folks. That's probably not a good position in the general election, or even the primary, in Balt County.

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

While I don't know the status of the Federal funding.....there is still a lot of cash left from the state...enough to get the things rolling again. But I don't think the dems have the stomach for it.

Here is a nice article you may want to read......lots of good info....for plans ahead and positives and negatives that support both your positon and mine.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0527-red-line-race-20180524-story.html

Oh, the Democrats all insist they’d invest far more in transit than Mr. Hogan does, which they no doubt would. Some like Ben Jealous, Krish Vignarajah and Sen. Rich Madaleno even insist they’d revive the actual Red Line — without explaining how they’d pay for it. Check out the answers given on The Baltimore Sun’s voter guide — https://elections2018.news.baltimoresun.com/governor/the gap between intentions and explanation of how to get it done is substantial. Rest assured, not one of the candidates is promising to raise Maryland’s gas tax, which is how the Red Line got as far as it did in the first place.

So yes it didn't happen but once again MD was carrying the city. But I guess it worked out for the gas using road using greatest percentage of MDers. They are getting roads improved and repaired....and actually using the tax money for something else besides supporting the cities transportation. 

26 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Actually ...fail....was not correct. Maybe if I said ....if it ever got completed...would be more accurate. 

The Red Line has been compared to the Boston 'Big Dig'......it would be way over budget, way behind schedule and never accomplish what it was intended when it was done. 

Posted (edited)

What are the odds that The Sun will endorse whichever cookie-cutter Demo liberal wins the June primary over a successful Republican Governor in November? 

We shall see whether common sense or ideology wins out but I don't think they can help themselves.

Next question: Does it really matter who The Sun endorses or has its influence declined to the point of irrelevance?

Edited by retired

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

While I don't know the status of the Federal funding.....there is still a lot of cash left from the state...enough to get the things rolling again. But I don't think the dems have the stomach for it.

Here is a nice article you may want to read......lots of good info....for plans ahead and positives and negatives that support both your positon and mine.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0527-red-line-race-20180524-story.html

Oh, the Democrats all insist they’d invest far more in transit than Mr. Hogan does, which they no doubt would. Some like Ben Jealous, Krish Vignarajah and Sen. Rich Madaleno even insist they’d revive the actual Red Line — without explaining how they’d pay for it. Check out the answers given on The Baltimore Sun’s voter guide — https://elections2018.news.baltimoresun.com/governor/the gap between intentions and explanation of how to get it done is substantial. Rest assured, not one of the candidates is promising to raise Maryland’s gas tax, which is how the Red Line got as far as it did in the first place.

So yes it didn't happen but once again MD was carrying the city. But I guess it worked out for the gas using road using greatest percentage of MDers. They are getting roads improved and repaired....and actually using the tax money for something else besides supporting the cities transportation. 

A lot of them work here. They need the roads to get to work. Noticed all thenoarked cars in the city? FYI those are cars that run on gas. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Actually ...fail....was not correct. Maybe if I said ....if it ever got completed...would be more accurate. 

The Red Line has been compared to the Boston 'Big Dig'......it would be way over budget, way behind schedule and never accomplish what it was intended when it was done. 

And I wouldn't be surprised if the arena collapsed when they start digging Lombard Street.  Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

A lot of them work here. They need the roads to get to work. Noticed all thenoarked cars in the city? FYI those are cars that run on gas. :rolleyes:

I don't speak MM what is thenoarked?

Who's them? If you mean people who drive into the city to work. Oh I am sure. there are a lot. But not as many who drive to work everyplace ELSE but the city. 

Some facts

• The city businesses employ  295,343 people. Which is kinda sad if you consider that the city has over 600000 people and that 295 includes those that you pointed out drive in. But that is another thread. 
  • Meanwhile that state business employ 2,282,7251 with a population of 6,052,177

Nice to have a Govenor that recognizes who is paying the freight and deserves a return. 

OOOppppps  I forgot to include the source. https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/MD,baltimorecitymarylandcounty/AGE295216

Edited by Guido2

2 hours ago, regularguy said:

Centrist Democrats get called "DINOs". Maybe it's time for the RINOs and DINOs to jointly form a new party.

You would have my support 

37 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I've gotten a number of his mailiers... most recently one that champions the rights of Section 8 folks. That's probably not a good position in the general election, or even the primary, in Balt County.

People on Section 8 have Rights

Also, Mixed income neighborhoods are better than neighborhoods where there’s a high concentration of families in poverty. 

I speak from personal experience 

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if the arena collapsed when they start digging Lombard Street.  Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing.

I have a mental Ben Franklin T chart in my head about the gains and pitfalls of building the Red Line. What you suggest is but one of the issues that would be encountered. Between getting the land, NAACP law suits, right of way, buildings above ground collapsing or being damaged...and and and.

It was a disaster and a money pit waiting to happen. That is why MOM and the GA failed to launch....they knew it. Just wouldn't admit it....and Hogan took them off the hook when he realized the trap that had been set. 

Isn't it kinda strange that all the dems said 'we were that close'....when all the while ...they were ready. smh. Politics 101

Edited by Guido2

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I don't speak MM what is thenoarked?

Who's them? If you mean people who drive into the city to work. Oh I am sure. there are a lot. But not as many who drive to work everyplace ELSE but the city. 

Some facts

• The city businesses employ  295,343 people. Which is kinda sad if you consider that the city has over 600000 people and that 295 includes those that you pointed out drive in. But that is another thread. 
  • Meanwhile that state business employ 2,282,7251 with a population of 6,052,177

Nice to have a Govenor that recognizes who is paying the freight and deserves a return. 

State businesses don’t include Baltimore City?? WTH? Also, many  people like myself don’t commute out of Baltimore City. 

2 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

You would have my support 

Those politicians used to be considered just representatives that saw what was right for their constituency. 

Just now, Marshan Man said:

State businesses don’t include Baltimore City?? WTH? Also, many  people like myself don’t commute out of Baltimore City. 

Line 1, what the blip are  you mumbling about?

Line 2, that's right....and your gas tax input to the state coffers is not much when you only fill up once a year and use the public transportation that the rest of the state pays for. :lol: And stay there too please.....we have enough joy from the section 8's that the city is exporting. :lol:

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Line 1, what the blip are  you mumbling about?

Line 2, that's right....and your gas tax input to the state coffers is not much when you only fill up once a year and use the public transportation that the rest of the state pays for. :lol: And stay there too please.....we have enough joy from the section 8's that the city is exporting. :lol:

Who in The City fills up once a year?? You’re caricature of city residents is just dumb. 

Here are real census numbers btw on commuters to and from the city. 

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2013/cb13-r01.html

4 minutes ago, soulflower said:

People on Section 8 have Rights

Of course. But the mailer was advocating a local law that would prohibit landlords from rejecting Section 8 folks.

Also, Mixed income neighborhoods are better than neighborhoods where there’s a high concentration of families in poverty. 

No doubt. But I was thinking that middle class homeowners might not be crazy about the idea in their neighborhoods... and would likely be voting accordingly.