Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

New Washington Post poll

126 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I was a disaster and a money pit waiting to happen.

Taken out of context, this sentence is hilarious.  :lol:

Just walked past Rushern Baker. He’s having lunch at Miss Shirley’s on coldspring. I was at namaste’s. 

Just now, Thirteen said:

He got it right. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Who in The City fills up once a year?? You’re caricature of city residents is just dumb. 

Here are real census numbers btw on commuters to and from the city. 

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2013/cb13-r01.html

I was referring to YOU. duh.

No here are the real census numbers that haven't been massaged. OOOppppps  I forgot to include the source. I updated my previous post. My bad. 

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/MD,baltimorecitymarylandcounty/AGE295216

6 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Yes it is. :D I fix.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I was referring to YOU. duh.

No here are the real census numbers that haven't been massaged. OOOppppps  I forgot to include the source. I updated my previous post. My bad. 

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/MD,baltimorecitymarylandcounty/AGE295216

Wrong. your link doesn't even address commuting trends. Who "massaged" a census.gov link?? Trump?? :rolleyes: 

I guess Hogan "massaged" these numbers...

https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/admin/gsipub/htmlarea/uploads/BaltimoreCity_WorkforceRegion_Commuting_Patterns.pdf

Edited by Marshan Man

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, soulflower said:

People on Section 8 have Rights

Also, Mixed income neighborhoods are better than neighborhoods where there’s a high concentration of families in poverty. 

I speak from personal experience 

Section 8's have rights of that there is no doubt. But not at the expense of my rights. 

Yes again...mixed income neighborhoods are much better for those coming in from those poverty areas. But are they better for the long standing homeowners that are already there? Apples ....Oranges.

And my personal experience has been that; when I first moved into Gwynn Oak (Woodlawn) in the 80's property values were climbing. Then section 8's moved in and dragged the poor city with them....and values went down. And have yet to recover. Even with the housing stock shortage we presently have. 

So you have your experience.... I have mine....stale mate. 

But one question: I have a minimum of 10 section 8's in about a 4 block radius....what is your count?

Edited by Guido2

26 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Don't forget this one:

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

In all likely hood Hogan will win. Next cycle the Republicans will likely not come up with a viable candidate so a Dem will win. And after 4 years of increased non-working social programs and toll, fee and tax increases. Hogan will run again and get elected. 

Remember you read it here first. :D

Larry Hogan is a likely hood?

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Section 8's have rights of that there is no doubt. But not at the expense of my rights. 

Yes again...mixed income neighborhoods are much better for those coming in from those poverty areas. But are they better for the long standing homeowners that are already there? Apples ....Oranges.

And my personal experience has been that; when I first moved into Gwynn Oak (Woodlawn) in the 80's property values were climbing. Then section 8's moved in and dragged the poor city with them....and values went down. And have yet to recover. Even with the housing stock shortage we presently have. 

So you have your experience.... I have mine....stale mate. 

But one question: I have a minimum of 10 section 8's in about a 4 block radius....what is your count?

What exactly are your rights?

59 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

A lot of them work here. They need the roads to get to work. Noticed all thenoarked cars in the city? FYI those are cars that run on gas. :rolleyes:

Thenoarked?  I guess you mean "the parked".

7 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Don't forget this one:

Larry Hogan is a likely hood?

Yahhhh know......when people start checking my grammer and spelling....but not addressing the core of the topic.....that generally indicates that I am making way way way too much sense to be overcome by a rebuttal. :lol:

Is he a hood.....some think he is. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, regularguy said:

I've gotten a number of his mailiers... most recently one that champions the rights of Section 8 folks. That's probably not a good position in the general election, or even the primary, in Balt County.

Johnny is a nice guy but endorsements from MOM & Busch are not something you should brag about. Brochin got Franchot yesterday.

Posted (edited)

I'll most likely vote for Hogan.  Jealous is a boob.  If Franchot would ever run he might have my vote.  I'll take a pragmatic centrist on either side of the aisle every time.

Edited by Hank Moody

3 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Just walked past Rushern Baker. He’s having lunch at Miss Shirley’s on coldspring. I was at namaste’s. 

He got out of his car .....

7 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

He got out of his car .....

Outside seating. It was a nice day...

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Outside seating. It was a nice day...

Most of his ad he's driving around like he's afraid .....

9 hours ago, Thirteen said:

And then he'll cancel the Red Line again, and Marshan Man's head will explode.

:D:lol:

8 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

I'll most likely vote for Hogan.  Jealous is a boob.  If Franchot would ever run he might have my vote.  I'll take a pragmatic centrist on either side of the aisle every time.

Franchot may run next time around.  He and Hogan have a good relationship and I don't think he wanted to run against him.  If Hogan wins as expected, Franchot will lay the groundwork for a run next time.  I believe he will win easily against any democratic opposition, considering what it is now.  And he will crush the republicans who have nothing beyond Hogan to run.  

Posted (edited)

Saw the Dem guv debate on WJZ the other night:

Jealous came across as snarling

Valerie Ervin, I thought she was Shirley Chisholm

Alec Ross, court jester

Rushern Baker, smooth and polished

Jim Shea, fuddy duddy

Kris Vignarajah, too much estrogen

Richard Madaleno, trying too hard

Edited by boink

Posted (edited)

Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker III called for the president’s impeachment to set himself apart by staking out a more aggressive opposition to Trump than his progressive rivals. Governors play no role in the impeachment of a president. No other major candidate backed Baker’s call.

“This president has to go,” Baker said.

This is a mistake IMO. A Governor can't do squat to get rid of a President. Stick to local issues.

Valerie Ervin said corruption in the Baltimore Police Department “is so deep and far-reaching” that city residents no longer trust police officers.”

“We should scrub the whole police department and have police officers be rehired based on certain criteria,” said the former Montgomery County councilwoman, who was the running mate of former Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz before his sudden death last month. Her proposal echoes legislation submitted by a Baltimore delegate this year that received virtually no support.

That's not why they don't trust the police, but the corruption needs to be weeded out. This is basically Baltimore's RAMPART scandal happening before our very eyes on top of record violence and discord in the city.

Author and entrepreneur Alec Ross revived a promise he made shortly after he launched his campaign last year to direct Maryland State Police troopers to intervene to “protect the rights of our citizens and guests” against agents from the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

After the debate, Ross said he would expect troopers to stand up to ICE agents if they violated Maryland residents’ rights.

“If ICE officers break the law in Maryland, the ICE officers should be arrested,” he said. “That is how far I’m willing to go.”

Such an action would raise constitutional questions regarding federal-state relations. Some of Ross’ opponents suggested it would be reckless.

Give me a break. Who let this guy into the debate?

Unlike many of the forums held this year, the WMAR debate included two candidates with little money or name recognition: James Hugh Jones and Ralph Jaffe.

Jaffe, a perennial candidate, played a pivotal role in the debate when the question of immigration arose.

“The real answer is we need to impeach the president,” Jaffe said.

Baker claimed he had beaten Jaffe to the punch by calling for Trump’s impeachment last year. His campaign later corrected the record, noting that he had called on Trump to resign, not be impeached, after last year’s white supremacist demonstration in Charlottesville, Va.

After the debate, Baker stood by his call for impeachment.

We get it, Trump sucks. But kicking him out of office is not your job! What the heck are you going to do to help Maryland???

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-wmar-governor-debate-20180606-story.html#nws=true

And this is just hilarious.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-md-gop-ad-20180521-story.html

Edited by Pickle20

Posted (edited)

^^^^^^^^^^ .... the whole thing about getting Trump impeached ....well as you pointed out...that is NOT part of the Governor's  job description. Which at least in my case really knocked them all down on the IQ scale.

But then.....they are pandering to the lowest common denominator and visceral feelings ....the ones that don't realize what they are saying is utter BS.

They are just out to get a majority of votes.....it doesn't matter how or why.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, boink said:

sSaw the Dem guv debate on WJZ the other night:

Jealous came across as snarling

Valerie Ervin, I thought she was Shirley Chisholm

Alec Ross, court jester

Rushern Baker, smooth and polished

Jim Shea, fuddy duddy

Kris Vignarajah, too much estrogen

Richard Madaleno, trying too hard

And to me they all come across as tax and spend liberals with no idea to help the rest of the state....only the city. And even the city ideas are the same failed programs with different gift wrapping. 

Only one has actually a 'new' idea...sort of.....pushing for a tear down and rebuild of the cites PD. Which isn't a bad idea. on Valerie's part. 

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And to me they all come across as tax and spend liberals with no idea to help the rest of the state....only the city. 

Had anybody put a price tag on their "investments" ?

Just now, boink said:

Had anybody put a price tag on their "investments" ?

From what I have read no. But The Sun has been pretty good about pointing out that while the candidates have 'idea' not one has any idea of how to pay for it. But hey in true blue lib dem Maryland when does paying for it  ever been an issue? :lol:

Ohhhh yes.... I forgot who....but one suggested a higher tax on the !%ers in MD. HAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Que the 'Fairy tales can come true' song. 

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

From what I have read no. But The Sun has been pretty good about pointing out that while the candidates have 'idea' not one has any idea of how to pay for it. But hey in true blue lib dem Maryland when does paying for it  ever been an issue? :lol:

Ohhhh yes.... I forgot who....but one suggested a higher tax on the !%ers in MD. HAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Que the 'Fairy tales can come true' song. 

Stop lying...