Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Ben Jealous rolling out celebrities, starting with Dave Chappelle, in bid to be Maryland governor

141 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Put the joint down and educate yourself. 

Yeah, let's make weed legal in Maryland so that Baltimorgue can further rot economically, cause it works everywhere else. 

Put the joint down and educate yourself. 

Yeah, let's make weed legal in Maryland so that Baltimorgue can further rot economically, cause it works everywhere else. 

Really? An opinion piece? “The dangerous drug”? Reefer madness! 

Here are some facts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/04/02/legal-marijuana-states-have-lower-opioid-use-new-studies-show/amp/

The second study, from scientists at the University of Kentucky and Emory University, noted that “marijuana is one of the potential nonopioid alternatives that can relieve pain at a relatively lower risk of addiction and virtually no risk of overdose.” It found that laws allowing medical cannabis or recreational marijuana “have the potential to lower opioid prescribing for Medicaid enrollees, a high-risk population for chronic pain, opioid use disorder, and opioid overdose.”

Edited by Marshan Man

People like you who want to have marijuana legalized.

You expect anyone to take you seriously after your reefer madness post?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

Gotta figure Hogan will legalize recreational pot if such a bill reaches his desk...

It's funny how some dems don't realize he can't sign something the GA doesn't propose and pass.

Edited by bmore_ken

5 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Really? An opinion piece? “The dangerous drug”? Reefer madness! 

Here are some facts: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/04/02/legal-marijuana-states-have-lower-opioid-use-new-studies-show/amp/

Yes, of course, that's your comeback defense of why marijuana should be legalized? ...because it takes the pain away.....lmao. I'll take the numbers I posted over the smoke my pain away response any day. 

Posted (edited)

More research based facts:

7 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

It's funny how some dems don't realize he can't sign something the GA doesn't propose and pass.

And some know he wouldn’t sign one  he’s certainly not promoting it  

http://www.bethesdamagazine.com/Bethesda-Beat/2015/Hogan-Veto-of-Marijuana-Related-Bill-Defies-Logic-State-Senator-Says/

The bill passed the General Assembly earlier this year, but Hogan vetoed it Friday.

Edited by Marshan Man

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Yes, of course, that's your comeback defense of why marijuana should be legalized? ...because it takes the pain away.....lmao. I'll take the numbers I posted over the smoke my pain away response any day. 

You posted an opinion piece dude. :rolleyes:  that’s like writing a paper. You pull bits and pieces from various sources to support your thesis statement. 

The way you like to call everyone illiterate, I’m sure you learned how to write a term paper way back in middle school. No?

So I take it you’re pro opioid? Hogan certainly isn’t...

Edited by Marshan Man

More facts:

Researchers found that legalizing marijuana had a positive impact on the economy of Pueblo County, Colo. In a landmark report out of the Colorado State University-Pueblo’s Institute of Cannabis Research, researchers found that a taxed and regulated cannabis industry contributed more than $58 million to the local economy, reports The Denver Post...

While there was about $23 million in added costs to legalization – including law enforcement and social services – the county still ended up with a net positive impact of more than $35 million.

The research itself was funded by state and local marijuana taxes, reported CPR. “When compared to other similar communities in states where cannabis is not legal in any form, Pueblo appears to be doing better on a number of measures,” read the report.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/monazhang/2018/03/13/legal-marijuana-is-a-boon-to-the-economy-finds-study/amp/

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

You posted an opinion piece dude. :rolleyes:  that’s like writing a paper. You pull bits and pieces from various sources to support your thesis statement. 

The way you like to call everyone illiterate, I’m sure you learned how to write a term paper way back in middle school. No?

LMAO...oh yeah, I forgot...this is the Baltimore Sun University...that piece was aired on the Today Show ( I believe ) several weeks ago. Plenty of sites to look up the information that will back up my post. Since you're the "thesis police" you do your own homework and try to find something to the contrary. As far as Im concerned, you haven't refuted anything.

1 minute ago, AugusteDupin said:

From your link: 

Despite such anecdotes, there is scant hard data. Because of the lag in reporting many health statistics, it may take years to know legal marijuana’s effect — if any — on teenage drug use, school expulsions or the number of fatal car crashes.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

So Md can learn from Colorado’s mistakes and  NOT use the same formula  as Colorado’s to divvy up the funds. That ain’t rocket science...

I’m sure Colorado is learning from its initial mistakes too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marshan Man

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

So Md can learn from Colorado’s mistakes and  it use the same formula to divvy up the funds. That ain’t rocket science...

Right because your vast knowledge and answers can fix everything... :rolleyes: . Youre not reading the material on the negative impact of legalizing marijuana. Could Maryland learn not to do what Colorado did? Absolutely...how long do you think that will happen? Maryland Baltimore already has a problem financially, can you see the writing on the walls? I think not.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Right because your vast knowledge and answers can fix everything... :rolleyes: . Youre not reading the material on the negative impact of legalizing marijuana. Could Maryland learn not to do what Colorado did? Absolutely...how long do you think that will happen? Maryland Baltimore already has a problem financially, can you see the writing on the walls? I think not.

Yes cause a new source of revenue is such a terrible problem to have. 

I suppose you’d turn down a raise cause you think You might not be able manage it?? So full of it... :rolleyes:  

Anyhoo... provide me some hard evidence as I have done for you. Data from research ...not the subjective opinions of reefer madness people like you. 

Edited by Marshan Man

51 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Yes cause a new source of revenue is such a terrible problem to have. 

I suppose you’d turn down a raise cause you think You might not be able manage it?? So full of it... :rolleyes:  

Anyhoo... provide me some hard evidence as I have done for you. Data from research ...not the subjective opinions of reefer madness people like you. 

I did already. Not my fault you won't read the material. Raise? Manage? Horrible correlation. Take some time and read. Hopefully, it'll expand your mind. 

With all of this discussion about weed I think the biggest problem with legalization is a determination of who is driving under the influence.  Once there is a valid test that can measure the level of high someone is driving under, I see no problem with legalizing it, collecting the tax revenue, and putting the scumbag dealers out of business.  But don't tell me that there should not be a test for people driving under the THC influence.  It alters the mind and reflexes as does alcohol.  If you don't want people driving under the influence of alcohol, then you shouldn't want them driving under the influence of weed either.  Weed drivers should get the ignition lock the same way alcohol abusers get.  

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Marshan Man said:

Good stuff... def would love to see Cory Booker speak. Rushern Baker definitely comes off as old and establishment., You should've seen the people I saw him eating lunch with today. Looked like a field trip from the nursing home.  Smh... 

IMO Jealous will win the primary, but Hogan will beat him in the general. A lot of the campaign people I know involved in other campaigns dislike Jealous the most and may disappear like the Mizuer and Gantlet people did in 2014.

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

With all of this discussion about weed I think the biggest problem with legalization is a determination of who is driving under the influence.  Once there is a valid test that can measure the level of high someone is driving under, I see no problem with legalizing it, collecting the tax revenue, and putting the scumbag dealers out of business.  But don't tell me that there should not be a test for people driving under the THC influence.  It alters the mind and reflexes as does alcohol.  If you don't want people driving under the influence of alcohol, then you shouldn't want them driving under the influence of weed either.  Weed drivers should get the ignition lock the same way alcohol abusers get.  

I am in a weed state right now, in two ways....

9 hours ago, Dystopia said:

Gotta figure Hogan will legalize recreational pot if such a bill reaches his desk...

Only after Miller & Busch can figure out how they can profit from it .......

7 hours ago, cprenegade said:

In 2017 the average number of people killed per day in traffic accidents that were alcohol related was 29 - that's over 10,500 per year, and accounts for more than a quarter of all traffic fatalities. And that happens with all of the rules and laws that are in place against drunken driving, and effective means of determining of a driver has enough alcohol in his/her system to be impaired. The widespread legalization of recreational weed without the same level of ability to determine if a driver is impaired by smoking or consumption seems to be a very risky thing to do just in the name of enabling government to collect more revenue. 

In 2017 about 40,000 people were killed in vehicle accidents in the USA, and about 15,500 were killed by guns (excluding suicides by gun). Annually over 60,000 people die from opioid overdoses. Gun deaths and opioid deaths are considered to be of crisis proportions, with huge outcries for government to do something to reverse the tide, but we seem to accept highway deaths as a normal part of daily life in this country. What kind of increase in highway deaths due to impaired driving will it take for that to then be also considered a crisis? Or will we simply reach a point in our "civilized" country that we just recognize all of these deaths, many of which might be preventable, is just nature's way of culling the herd?   

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Exactly....even though marijuana states are generating "revenue", it's not what people have expected. It's not even putting a dent in stabilizing the economy as some thought it would. Additionally, the black market is still a huge problem for these marijuana states. 

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Another problem seems to be that weed drivers don't see driving impaired and on the road as being a problem. 

9 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Another problem seems to be that weed drivers don't see driving impaired and on the road as being a problem. 

Neither do drunk drivers.

8 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Neither do drunk drivers.

Neither do texting drivers