Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Ben Jealous rolling out celebrities, starting with Dave Chappelle, in bid to be Maryland governor

141 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Neither do drunk drivers.

That's true, but the discussion was about pot smokers who drive and see nothing wrong with it.

Drunk drivers should lose their license to drive on the first offense.  We already know that rarely if ever happens because it's not unusual for drunk drivers who finally kill someone while DWI or DUI to have priors, sometimes lengthy priors at that.

Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle while high is intentional, foolish, and no different that some fool thinking that they can safely drive without impairment while high on weed.

Same thing goes for distracted drivers and those who drive while over-tired, except it's more obvious with no room for doubt with drunk or weed drivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I did already. Not my fault you won't read the material. Raise? Manage? Horrible correlation. Take some time and read. Hopefully, it'll expand your mind. 

What part of you provided opinion pieces do you not understand?? One of your own links even says that... do YOU read your own links??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Bennie rolls out his list of "promises" it become ever more clear that he has no bloody clue about how to run a government, like another clueless office holder we all comment about frequently.

I said Bennie is getting like Hillary; she ran against Trump instead of FOR something. Bennie obviously hasn't figured out that Hogan is popular with voters of both parties so instead of running against Hogan every day (and spinning his wheels)  he has to come up with something realistically new and better than what Hogan has done. Focusing on putting down Hogan and promising to re-build the city isn't going to put him in the big chair in Annapolis.

It really seems that most of the Democratic candidates need a reality check.  Ervin and Madeleno are providing the comedy relief. So far, only Shea and Baker seem to  be in touch with the reality of the State. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, retired said:

As Bennie rolls out his list of "promises" it become ever more clear that he has no bloody clue about how to run a government, like another clueless office holder we all comment about frequently.

I said Bennie is getting like Hillary; she ran against Trump instead of FOR something. Bennie obviously hasn't figured out that Hogan is popular with voters of both parties so instead of running against Hogan every day (and spinning his wheels)  he has to come up with something realistically new and better than what Hogan has done. Focusing on putting down Hogan and promising to re-build the city isn't going to put him in the big chair in Annapolis.

It really seems that most of the Democratic candidates need a reality check.  Ervin and Madeleno are providing the comedy relief. So far, only Shea and Baker seem to  be in touch with the reality of the State. 

 

One can't avoid the political ads at this time of year, however one really made me laugh; I don't know if it was for Balto. County Exec or Governor, however his ad stressed many, many times how he is a "true Democrat!" and little more. 

For one thing, that tells you (1) how much i attend to TV political ads, and (2) how much I'm interested in "party" lies lines. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Political ads, IMO, are a gigantic waste of viewers' time and politicians' money. In the first place, they are largely unkeepable promises

and in the second place, they are usually untrue.

Ask yourself if any political ad you ever saw changed your vote for or against a candidate or an issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, retired said:

Political ads, IMO, are a gigantic waste of viewers' time and politicians' money. In the first place, they are largely unkeepable promises

and in the second place, they are usually untrue.

Ask yourself if any political ad you ever saw changed your vote for or against a candidate or an issue.

 

I ask myself that question and answer "yes."

Martin O'Malley's  campaign ads earned him an unequivocal NO from this independent voter. :)

Oh, but maybe it wasn't just his ads. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 9:59 AM, Marshan Man said:

What part of you provided opinion pieces do you not understand?? One of your own links even says that... do YOU read your own links??

That's not the only link I provided. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

That's not the only link I provided. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometimes.

An accurate fact, one that is all too often ignored by some of the denizens of this esteemed forum.  ;):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Jealous will be the nominee. No doubt about that.

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, retired said:

As Bennie rolls out his list of "promises" it become ever more clear that he has no bloody clue about how to run a government, like another clueless office holder we all comment about frequently.

I said Bennie is getting like Hillary; she ran against Trump instead of FOR something. Bennie obviously hasn't figured out that Hogan is popular with voters of both parties so instead of running against Hogan every day (and spinning his wheels)  he has to come up with something realistically new and better than what Hogan has done. Focusing on putting down Hogan and promising to re-build the city isn't going to put him in the big chair in Annapolis.

It really seems that most of the Democratic candidates need a reality check.  Ervin and Madeleno are providing the comedy relief. So far, only Shea and Baker seem to  be in touch with the reality of the State. 

 

Sounds like you’re the one who needs the reality check. 

None of his ads are particularly venomous or vitriolic toward Hogan. What’s he supposed to say?? How great Hogan is... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

That's not the only link I provided. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometimes.

Heed your own advice. At least you think I can read now. I suppose that’s progress. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

An accurate fact, one that is all too often ignored by some of the denizens of this esteemed forum.  ;):)

Especially those that think the sun revolves around the earth. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Jealous will be the nominee. No doubt about that.

Sprightly sees the light. 👍🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Sprightly sees the light. 👍🏽

Thanks but did you think it would be anyone other than Jealous as the Dem nominee? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Sprightly sees the light. 👍🏽

 

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

Thanks but did you think it would be anyone other than Jealous as the Dem nominee? :) 

Are you sure that 'light' you see isn't the Hogan train in a dark tunnel getting ready to pancake whomever is the dem nominee. 😜

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike the last candidate, Jealous will be a formidable competitor. It won't be a cakewalk for Hogan but I believe that he will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Sounds like you’re the one who needs the reality check. 

None of his ads are particularly venomous or vitriolic toward Hogan. What’s he supposed to say?? How great Hogan is... :rolleyes:

He doesn't need to say how great Hogan is, but rather how much better he would be and for these reasons -- (not just how much free shyte he would provide and how Baltimore must be rebuilt). 

Hogan's record speaks for itself and the electorate seems to be generally aware of it and like him for it. Bennie can't tear that down.

All of the Democrats are promised vast improvements in many areas but I don't recall one of them indicating the cost involved or how to pay for them. Madeleno, the most liberal of all, does say he'd tax the rich some more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under Hogan, students froze in schools.

lmao

Anyone with a lick of sense will reject that line of attack.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, retired said:

He doesn't need to say how great Hogan is, but rather how much better he would be and for these reasons -- (not just how much free shyte he would provide and how Baltimore must be rebuilt). 

Hogan's record speaks for itself and the electorate seems to be generally aware of it and like him for it. Bennie can't tear that down.

All of the Democrats are promised vast improvements in many areas but I don't recall one of them indicating the cost involved or how to pay for them. Madeleno, the most liberal of all, does say he'd tax the rich some more. 

Uh. He did just that. He talked about how he would be a better choice and you took it as an attack on Hogan. 

Soeaking of giving away free stuff. Hogan’s the one giving away FREE ez pass transponders. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Under Hogan, students froze in schools.

lmao

Anyone with a lick of sense will reject that line of attack.

:)

That would be a true statement. He didn’t blame Hogan, but it did happen “under Hogan”. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

That would be a true statement. He didn’t blame Hogan, but it did happen “under Hogan”. 

 

It had been happening BEFORE Hogan. And why didn't the prior Governor and City/County governments handle it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sprightly said:

It had been happening BEFORE Hogan. And why didn't the prior Governor and City/County governments handle it?

Well he can’t run against people who came BEFORE Hogan now can he??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marshan Man said:

Well he can’t run against people who came BEFORE Hogan now can he??

That's not the point. Smart people know the truth. They will figure it out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

That's not the point. Smart people know the truth. They will figure it out. :)

If Hogan had fixed the problem others before him didn’t, it wouldn’t be an issue now. That’s sorta the point. 

I mean he’s supposedly such a great governor, right? 

Edited by Marshan Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0