Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Ben Jealous rolling out celebrities, starting with Dave Chappelle, in bid to be Maryland governor

141 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

If Hogan had fixed the problem others before him didn’t, it wouldn’t be an issue now. That’s sorta the point. 

I mean he’s supposedly such a great governor, right? 

You do understand jurisdictional oversight and responsibility, right? What is he to do about the ineptness that permeates City government? When he tries to intervene, people scream that he has no business getting involved.  

Not supposedly, he has been a good governor.

Hogan announces $2.5M to fix school heat problems.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/hogan-announces-dollar25m-to-help-heat-baltimore-schools/14806238

10 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

You do understand jurisdictional oversight and responsibility, right? What is he to do about the ineptness that permeates City government? When he tries to intervene, people scream that he has no business getting involved.  

Not supposedly, he has been a good governor.

Hogan announces $2.5M to fix school heat problems.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/hogan-announces-dollar25m-to-help-heat-baltimore-schools/14806238

Uh. You do understand your link negates your post? So he could and did do something about it AFTER it became a national news story. :rolleyes:

Uh. You do understand your link negates your post? So he could and did do something about it AFTER it became a national news story. :rolleyes:

Um, no, wrong. You are just too stubborn to admit that the City screwed up royally and the blame does not rest with the State. 

Just now, Sprightly said:

Um, no, wrong. You are just too stubborn to admit that the City screwed up royally and the blame does not rest with the State. 

The city screwed up royally. What does that change? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Hogan was still Governor. 

Oh, and I am not ignoring for future comments so don't let my silence give that impression. I am heading to the gym before the downpour. See ya! :)

Just now, Marshan Man said:

The city screwed up royally. What does that change? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Hogan was still Governor. 

And it was the responsibility of the CITY OF BALTIMORE.

Just now, Sprightly said:

And it was the responsibility of the CITY OF BALTIMORE.

But the governor handled it per your link. 

12 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Heed your own advice. At least you think I can read now. I suppose that’s progress. :rolleyes:

No need. Being able to read is putting words together to form a sentence. Yes, you can do that. Being able to read and comprehend what youre reading is another thing. 

22 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

But the governor handled it per your link. 

The point is that no one (not even the Democratically controlled legislature) objected to the governor taking an initiative to deal with the failure by the city once the abject failure was a huge public issue. If  the governor had done anything prior to the big reveal of the city's ineptness, he would have been accused of interference, stepping on the toes of the city fathers. That's reality. Jealous is seeking to appeal to the chronically uninformed in the city, of which there are many. 

38 minutes ago, Papi said:

The point is that no one (not even the Democratically controlled legislature) objected to the governor taking an initiative to deal with the failure by the city once the abject failure was a huge public issue. If  the governor had done anything prior to the big reveal of the city's ineptness, he would have been accused of interference, stepping on the toes of the city fathers. That's reality. Jealous is seeking to appeal to the chronically uninformed in the city, of which there are many. 

That's bull crap. Not reality. Nothing more than your biased speculations... you guys are gonna be heartbroken come November. :lol: Why even set yourself up??

17 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

That's bull crap. Not reality. Nothing more than your biased speculations... you guys are gonna be heartbroken come November. :lol: Why even set yourself up??

If what you say about Md will vote for a progressive like Jealous, how's Johnny O doing for Balto. Co executive.??

His ad says he's a progressive.

4 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If what you say about Md will vote for a progressive like Jealous, how's Johnny O doing for Balto. Co executive.??

His ad says he's a progressive.

One Johnny O's of his promises is "smaller class sizes". My wife, a retired career educator, reacted to that particular campaign ad yesterday - that studies have repeatedly shown that class size has no correlation with student achievement. More fodder for the uninformed, this time of the County. 

4 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Yes it is reality. Bull crap's name is Ben Jealous. What I would be heartbroken about would be the election of someone like Jealous who would raise taxes to fund every giveaway that will buy more votes from the woefully uninformed.  

23 minutes ago, Papi said:

Yes it is reality. Bull crap's name is Ben Jealous. What I would be heartbroken about would be the election of someone like Jealous who would raise taxes to fund every giveaway that will buy more votes from the woefully uninformed.  

Lying again. Where has Ben said he would raise taxes? He said 1% on the top 1%. Is that you? Raising taxes is what Rushern Baker would do. Hence MOM's endorsement of him. They're not the same type of democrat. 

1 hour ago, Papi said:

One man's giveaway is another man's necessity. 

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Lying again. Where has Ben said he would raise taxes? He said 1% on the top 1%. Is that you? Raising taxes is what Rushern Baker would do. Hence MOM's endorsement of him. They're not the same type of democrat. 

Oh yes.... there is a big difference between Ben and Rush :rolleyes::lol: Both propose more free stuff on top of what Hogan has provided...I mean it has to be on top of...because most of their 'suggestions' have already been implemented with the aid of the GA. Guess they missed the memo as did the rest of the clueless candidates.:lol:

One proposes to tax only the 1%ers additionally to pay for more free stuff 

One hasn't declared how to pay for things for more free stuff But tags no one to pay for it....so guess what...us lucky middle classers will get hosed. 

SSDD more tax and spend. 

MM please tell me.....ONE...just one....thing that any of the dem candidates have offered....that is not the samo samo. 

I am all ears. I am still trying to decide what primary candidate to vote for that will lose to Hogan. :D

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Oh yes.... there is a big difference between Ben and Rush :rolleyes::lol: Both propose more free stuff on top of what Hogan has provided...I mean it has to be on top of...because most of their 'suggestions' have already been implemented with the aid of the GA. Guess they missed the memo as did the rest of the clueless candidates.:lol:

One hasn't declared how to pay for things for more free stuff But tags no one to pay for it....so guess what...us lucky middle classers will get hosed. 

SSDD more tax and spend. 

MM please tell me.....ONE...just one....thing that any of the dem candidates have offered....that is not the samo samo. 

I am all ears. I am still trying to decide what primary candidate to vote for that will lose to Hogan. 

Only one giving away free stuff is Hogan and his  ezpass transponders. https://wtop.com/maryland/2018/05/e-zpass-transponders-now-free-md-hogan-announces/

No one's saying anything's free. Ben's talked about other ways of raising reven. *Ahem* Legalize it... :rolleyes:  That's certainly new for MD.

What is Hogan offering other than the status quo? And this... 

Edited by Marshan Man

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

SSDD more tax and spend. 

I am all ears. I am still trying to decide what primary candidate to vote for that will lose to Hogan. :D

Well for one they are suggesting a transportation system that moves away from the automobile. A health care system that covers everyone, funding schools to the level that they require. a storm water management fee that could actually do something about water pollution and run off, and flash flooding.

5 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Well for one they are suggesting a transportation system that moves away from the automobile. A health care system that covers everyone, funding schools to the level that they require. a storm water management fee that could actually do something about water pollution and run off, and flash flooding.

SSDD.... yawn.

I said new. What BRILLIANT DIFFERENT OUTSTANDING IDEA...do any of them offer. 

BTW you forgot sending more money to the city. :D

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Only one giving away free stuff is Hogan and his  ezpass transponders. https://wtop.com/maryland/2018/05/e-zpass-transponders-now-free-md-hogan-announces/

No one's saying anything's free. Ben's talked about other ways of raising reven. *Ahem* Legalize it... :rolleyes:  That's certainly new for MD.

What is Hogan offering other than the status quo? And this... 

You didn't address my question...what do those two ….or any of them offer as a new refreshing idea on how to move THE STATE OF MARYLAND forward. or the city of MD?

Nice try at a dodge about the transponder.

So....???????? 

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

You didn't address my question...what do those two ….or any of them offer as a new refreshing idea on how to move THE STATE OF MARYLAND forward. or the city of MD?

Nice try at a dodge about the transponder.

So....????????

Your question has been addressed. you just don't like the answers. The transponder is true, not a dodge. Hogan's the one giving away free "stuff". I had to pay for my transponder... 

What is Hogan offering??

Edited by Marshan Man

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

SSDD.... yawn.

I said new. What BRILLIANT DIFFERENT OUTSTANDING IDEA...do any of them offer. 

BTW you forgot sending more money to the city. :D

Again, you just don't like the answers. 

Your question has been addressed. you just don't like the answers. The transponder is true, not a dodge. Hogan's the one giving away free "stuff". I had to pay for my transponder... 

My question was about new idea's not free stuff.

One last time: Show me a NEW FRESH IDEA...from any of them.