Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

Favorite to win the MIAA

46 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

easy. his brother is a Gilman alum. HE WENT TO GILMAN B4 and still has connections with the kids in the school. many of the Dematha coaches either left or were fired including the QB coach and OC. easy to start with a blank sheet somewhere else.

Thought his brother played at CHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

easy. his brother is a Gilman alum. HE WENT TO GILMAN B4 and still has connections with the kids in the school. many of the Dematha coaches either left or were fired including the QB coach and OC. easy to start with a blank sheet somewhere else.

Well said. If he does head up to Gilman, he obviously wants to play immediately. DM plays STA on ESPN right out of the gate. That team has back up DB’s and DL’s with P5 offers. That’s a tough task for any QB, so DM will probably start their senior. I understand the move. 

 

Edited by Silverbullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Thought his brother played at CHC

his older brother graduated from gilman '12. Chance played LB at CHC c/o '18. 

 

29 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Well said. If he does head up to Gilman, he obviously wants to play immediately. DM plays STA on ESPN right out of the gate. That team has back up DB’s and DL’s with P5 offers. That’s a tough task for any QB, so DM will probably start their senior. I understand the move. 

 

He clearly wants to play ASAP. at Gilman he will have to learn the system and we will see what happens from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

his older brother graduated from gilman '12. Chance played LB at CHC c/o '18. 

 

He clearly wants to play ASAP. at Gilman he will have to learn the system and we will see what happens from there.

Ok thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

his older brother graduated from gilman '12. Chance played LB at CHC c/o '18. 

 

He clearly wants to play ASAP. at Gilman he will have to learn the system and we will see what happens from there.

Everybody will have to learn the system at Gilman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

That's a huge get for Gilman. I think he's the best prospect at QB in the area, outside of the QB at Gonzaga. Huge get. 

If he was the JV starter last year then I saw him play. He has some potential and may be great at Gilman but would not start this year for any of the top 4 WCAC teams...or SFA...or some others...so to say he is the 2nd best prospect in the area is a gigantic stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1stdown said:

his older brother graduated from gilman '12. Chance played LB at CHC c/o '18. 

 

He clearly wants to play ASAP. at Gilman he will have to learn the system and we will see what happens from there.

Believe the brother did not finish at Gilman.  He finished at a public in Howard County. Lack of playing time and the desire not to compete motivated his move.  Seems like it's a family motto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

Believe the brother did not finish at Gilman.  He finished at a public in Howard County. Lack of playing time and the desire not to compete motivated his move.  Seems like it's a family motto.

Your comment sounds personal I think his brother competed well at C Hall and carved out a decent career for himself under subpar coaching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

If he was the JV starter last year then I saw him play. He has some potential and may be great at Gilman but would not start this year for any of the top 4 WCAC teams...or SFA...or some others...so to say he is the 2nd best prospect in the area is a gigantic stretch.

Pretty sure he was the Freshman team QB, not JV. Also played on Varsity as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

Believe the brother did not finish at Gilman.  He finished at a public in Howard County. Lack of playing time and the desire not to compete motivated his move.  Seems like it's a family motto.

If his brother was the Campbell LB kid that played at Gilman, he graduated from Gilman. But could be a different kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SFA is the 2018 MIAA Champs, by default

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

If he was the JV starter last year then I saw him play. He has some potential and may be great at Gilman but would not start this year for any of the top 4 WCAC teams...or SFA...or some others...so to say he is the 2nd best prospect in the area is a gigantic stretch.

I will say that the QB position is it’s own beast. You never know what you’re going to get until you see varsity time, which would be the reason for a move to Gilman. Anyone remember what everyone said about Beau English after his freshman year? Too small and overhyped youth leaguer...Yea well he ended up beating QB’s rated higher with more talented teams by his senior year. This is a very high level of football. You don’t know what you’re getting until the lights come on. From all I’ve heard, this is a great kid with size and athleticism. It will be fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Different kid. Never heard of this kid at Gilman. 

you sure? I know the two brothers were in Gilmans middle school and the older one i assumed had some discipline issues and the entire family left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

you sure? I know the two brothers were in Gilmans middle school and the older one i assumed had some discipline issues and the entire family left.

Oh, he might have been there. Just don't remember his name. But I did hear that they were all there at one time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is my understanding all the teams are forfeiting thier games to SFA so SF is the winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

It is my understanding all the teams are forfeiting thier games to SFA so SF is the winner.

SFA withdrew from the league.  There are no forfeits because SFA is no longer part of the MIAA in football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of you #BaltimoreSoft MIAA coaches and supporters ... after ducking a team that beat you in recruiting ... and I’ve heard a few of you HCs told ESPN reporter you “don’t recruit” ... he’s now got “receipts” ... enjoy explaining THAT when the call comes to “clarify your earlier statement” quit ducking the best and still talking about how “hard” your team is.

 

you all FORFEITED in my opinion and SFA should get the hardware before the season starts THE REST OF YOU ARE PLAYING FOR SECOND PLACE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MIAAvsWCAC said:

All of you #BaltimoreSoft MIAA coaches and supporters ... after ducking a team that beat you in recruiting ... and I’ve heard a few of you HCs told ESPN reporter you “don’t recruit” ... he’s now got “receipts” ... enjoy explaining THAT when the call comes to “clarify your earlier statement” quit ducking the best and still talking about how “hard” your team is.

 

you all FORFEITED in my opinion and SFA should get the hardware before the season starts THE REST OF YOU ARE PLAYING FOR SECOND PLACE!

Your the guy that got called out on Facebook talking the same crap until that coach told you he’s gonna hit you in the mouth for calling kids soft man let the shat go they’ve made their decisions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0