Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

The Latest: Ex-leader of corrupt police unit gets 25 years

23 posts in this topic

Yup 25 years I believe.

Now will he serve the time like the rest of the criminals do?

And/Or will they actually start slapping non-cop criminals with the same type of penalty?

Just say'n. 

BTW...EK...don't hop on that horse yet. 

I believe they are getting exactly what the deserve. 

25 years still seems lenient to me for what a police officer, and a leader of the task force at that, did. 

He was basically leading a gang of thugs who were using their badges as cover for drug dealing, stealing, robbing, and setting people up and sending them to jail under false pretenses.

There's probably a lot more they were involved in that will not be investigated further. 

He's sorry, just like all crooks are sorry.  They're sorry they got caught. 

IMO, police should be held to a higher standard in terms of expectations both in what they do and when they turn thug on those they are supposed to be protecting. 

27 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

25 years still seems lenient to me for what a police officer, and a leader of the task force at that, did. 

He was basically leading a gang of thugs who were using their badges as cover for drug dealing, stealing, robbing, and setting people up and sending them to jail under false pretenses.

There's probably a lot more they were involved in that will not be investigated further. 

He's sorry, just like all crooks are sorry.  They're sorry they got caught. 

IMO, police should be held to a higher standard in terms of expectations both in what they do and when they turn thug on those they are supposed to be protecting. 

Again drawing from memory he got the max minus 5. Which is more than 'other' criminals seem to be slapped with in the city courts. 

Very true....it is just that some are more demonstrative than others. And I would be crying also considering what is likely waiting for him in jail and how many cousins of a cousins he has helped (rightly or wrongly) put there. A cop in jail either has a short life span or spends it in solitary for his own protection according to some accounts I have read. 

Yes, I agree that cops and actually ALL public servants….including the president. 🙄 should be held to a higher standard. And judging how most penalties are handed out in the city for similar things.....he was. 

25 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Again drawing from memory he got the max minus 5. Which is more than 'other' criminals seem to be slapped with in the city courts. 

Very true....it is just that some are more demonstrative than others. And I would be crying also considering what is likely waiting for him in jail and how many cousins of a cousins he has helped (rightly or wrongly) put there. A cop in jail either has a short life span or spends it in solitary for his own protection according to some accounts I have read. 

Yes, I agree that cops and actually ALL public servants….including the president. 🙄 should be held to a higher standard. And judging how most penalties are handed out in the city for similar things.....he was. 

This is a federal conviction.

5 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

You know he has BMore OCD. 

20 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Thanks admittedly I forgot that. 

18 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

And with 'good time' credits, should he accrue them, he will serve no less than 85% of the total sentence.  There is no parole in the federal system.

7 minutes ago, Reprobate said:

And with 'good time' credits, should he accrue them, he will serve no less than 85% of the total sentence.  There is no parole in the federal system.

Well at least ONE court system has it's poop together. 

25 years seems too lenient. At least there’s very limited parole in the federal system. 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 0:38 PM, Guido2 said:

Yup 25 years I believe.

Now will he serve the time like the rest of the criminals do?

And/Or will they actually start slapping non-cop criminals with the same type of penalty?

Just say'n. 

BTW...EK...don't hop on that horse yet. 

I believe they are getting exactly what the deserve. 

Guido..

He tarnished the Badge!

There are many Officers out there who try their best to do their jobs with integrity and honor, and this jack-wad made us all look bad!

He deserves every minute of the sentence!

3 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Guido..

He tarnished the Badge!

There are many Officers out there who try their best to do their jobs with integrity and honor, and this jack-wad made us all look bad!

He deserves every minute of the sentence!

You don't have to shout......I am on your side ….remember?

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

You don't have to shout......I am on your side ….remember?

My bad,

Officers (especially City Cops) try very hard to display their professionalism.

It is bad enough that the BPD creates these "new and improved, amazingly wonderful" specialized teams at the expense of Patrol, but it is really tragic when those units SCREW UP and make all Cops look bad.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

My bad,

Officers (especially City Cops) try very hard to display their professionalism.

It is bad enough that the BPD creates these "new and improved, amazingly wonderful" specialized teams at the expense of Patrol, but it is really tragic when those units SCREW UP and make all Cops look bad.

I totally understand what you are saying ...and from all angles. 

Edited by Guido2

Never been an LEO, however I've been privileged to have several long time friends who are now retired officers, from State, County and Local jurisdictions. They can relate many amusing stories, however not a one was involved in any debacle such as we read about in recent news. 

But on the other hand Guido; remember this guy? ;)

14 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Never been an LEO, however I've been privileged to have several long time friends who are now retired officers, from State, County and Local jurisdictions. They can relate many amusing stories, however not a one was involved in any debacle such as we read about in recent news. 

Yes what a great mind.:rolleyes:;)

The man that gave us the 'Tuna fish' song. 

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, blowboatbethesda said:

"Time to strap on a gun, pin on a Badge, and become...

A LAWMAN!!!"

(Where do you think I got my name from)?

17 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

It's the many others who haven't been caught  who are cause for worry. 

Are you talking about cops or bad guys.

Ohhh silly me for asking. My bad. 

7 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Well corrupt cops are bad guys.

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Well corrupt cops are bad guys.

There goes the answer to your silly question.

20 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

There goes the answer to your silly question.

EK. smh. I was asking for a clarification. That is, did he consider all cops as bad guys (as you do) or cops that are corrupt are bad guys. 

And he clarified.

Now who is silly. 

Remember one must be precise in wording. I mean look at the term 'thug'.