Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
overtaxed

exelon suing maryland over conowingo cleanup

16 posts in this topic

I am sure this is another stall and a Hail Mary in hopes that with Pruitt gutting the EPA etc that they could win in court. 

And in regard to...……...

The company says that is (cost of cleanup/maintenance) greater than “the economic value of the [dam] as an operating asset.”

So fine. Let them abandon it....let the state take it over …..and blow it up...so fish would have a natural migration path again. IMHO. 

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am sure this is another stall and a Hail Mary in hopes that with Pruitt gutting the EPA etc that they could win in court. 

And in regard to...……...

The company says that is (cost of cleanup/maintenance) greater than “the economic value of the [dam] as an operating asset.”

So fine. Let them abandon it....let the state take it over …..and blow it up...so fish would have a natural migration path again. IMHO. 

More idiocity.

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Exelon can well afford the cost.

Since they say they can't afford the cost.  You should get their profit statements together and present them to the court.

I guess they will just point fingers and tie this thing up in court and forget about the real issues. 

Posted (edited)

Actually it's a pretty interesting case  if you stop to think about it .....

They didn't create any of the polutution .....

The dam just delay the pollution from making it into the bay .....

It's still coming from upstream but noe the dam is "full" and can't stop it any more .....

Hydro is one of the cleanest energy sources there is and that dam has created one of the most significant bald eagle gathering spots on the east coast .....

It would have all been there already and I haven't read where what's being released is any worse than what would be there if the dam wasn't there ...

Edited by Eastside Terp

The silt is a classic definition of 'poop run's downhill' and 'everything goes downstream'. Those are facts that can not be denied.

What can be denied is who upstream generated the poop and the everything. If that were possible it would be a simple matter of sending a bill. 

What I find amusing is that this issue has been know FOR DECADES now. And except for one admin....the rest were ALL under the watchful eye :rolleyes: of the dem led GA, dem appointed dept heads and Govenors.

Now...suddenly....IT IS HOGAN'S FAULT AND HE IS SCREWING UP....according to some.   smh. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Now...suddenly....IT IS HOGAN'S FAULT AND HE IS SCREWING UP....according to some.

Ha, just amazing how much hogan is blamed for!

16 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Ha, just amazing how much hogan is blamed for!

I hear some are trying to prove that he had something to do with Lincolns and JFK's death. :lol:

3 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Actually it's a pretty interesting case  if you stop to think about it .....

They didn't create any of the polutution .....

The dam just delay the pollution from making it into the bay .....

It's still coming from upstream but noe the dam is "full" and can't stop it any more .....

Hydro is one of the cleanest energy sources there is and that dam has created one of the most significant bald eagle gathering spots on the east coast .....

It would have all been there already and I haven't read where what's being released is any worse than what would be there if the dam wasn't there ...

Totally agree.  Great points made too, about the cause, where it's coming from, and how bad things would have already been without the dam. Seems like a partnership involving those who cause the pollution, the owners of the dam, and those who benefit from it downstream and as an energy source would not be an unreasonable expectation. 

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Ode2Joy said:

Totally agree.  Great points made too, about the cause, where it's coming from, and how bad things would have already been without the dam. Seems like a partnership involving those who cause the pollution, the owners of the dam, and those who benefit from it downstream and as an energy source would not be an unreasonable expectation. 

I suggest a Damn tax for revenue to clean the silt. All the NIMBY's pay an extra tax because of the benefits of living on the water and benefitting them. Think of it as a rain tax for consolidated water.:lol:

Then they can complain and say 'That damn damn tax....and no I don't stutter. ' :lol:

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

I suggest a Damn tax for revenue to clean the silt. All the NIMBY's pay an extra tax because of the benefits of living on the water and benefitting them. Think of it as a rain tax for consolidated water.:lol:

Then they can complain and say 'That damn damn tax....and no I don't stutter. ' :lol:

Do you really read the piece?

We all benefit from it even if we don't live in the immediate vicinity.  As with the Bay, we all benefit and have a shared responsibility to help keep it clean and healthy even if we don't live on the water.   

Also, Maryland doesn't have the authority to place a tax on NY or PA.

43 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

We all benefit from it even if we don't live in the immediate vicinity.  As with the Bay, we all benefit and have a shared responsibility to help keep it clean and healthy even if we don't live on the water.   

Read it, really.....

Thats funny .....

It's like he comes on here and just vomits all over the board every day, all say with random musings that rarely has anything to do with the topic .....

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Ahhhhh….. it was a joke....you did see the :lol: didn't you?

24 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Read it, really.....

Thats funny .....

It's like he comes on here and just vomits all over the board every day, all say with random musings that rarely has anything to do with the topic .....

Just now, Guido2 said:

Ahhhhh….. it was a joke....you did see the :lol: didn't you?

26 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Read it, really.....

Thats funny .....

💋