Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrdeltoid

Racism in Europe

157 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Hitler promoted racial distinctions, I call for ending them. We are the antithesis of one another.

Can a white person escape their whiteness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Hitler promoted racial distinctions, I call for ending them. We are the antithesis of one another.

So that means in your world that the NFL and the NBA will have to have a balanced team of whites/blacks/etc?

Cool.

Like it or not racial distinction and associated attributes does have a place in society. Well at least in sports. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

ahhhhh wha whahtt? smh whaahhh does this gibberish mean. 

If we see Black people and white people as distinct groups, at what point, looking across this geographic expanse, does one group end and the other begin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rael said:

Can a white person escape their whiteness?

My guess based on his past posts is yes as long as they defer to black people and treat them as superior.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hst2 said:

If we see Black people and white people as distinct groups, at what point, looking across this geographic expanse, does one group end and the other begin?

Midway through Italy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rael said:

Can a white person escape their whiteness?

How can someone escape something that can't even be defined? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guido2 said:

So that means in your world that the NFL and the NBA will have to have a balanced team of whites/blacks/etc?

Cool.

Like it or not racial distinction and associated attributes does have a place in society. Well at least in sports. :lol:

Actually, I think you disprove your own point. What place does it have here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rael said:

Midway through Italy. :D

I suspect southern Italians would disagree, strenuously.

Thus, my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hst2 said:

If we see Black people and white people as distinct groups, at what point, looking across this geographic expanse, does one group end and the other begin?

Ohhhhh 🙈🙈🙊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Actually, I think you disprove your own point. What place does it have here? 

You 'think' what you want.....you always do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

This is a good example of Whiteness demanding that the oppressed liberate the oppressor.

Okay I'm gonna take a stab here...considering the fact that blacks assault and murder whites in America waayyyy more than whites assault and murder blacks in America, would you think it ironic if you found yourself being stomped in a mall parking lot or shot two times in the chest coming from the Inner Harbor?

Would you be forgiving of your assailant, if black, for all the reasons you cite on all the many threads you are on about black and white people and oppression?

I hope I am not offending anyone. Please notice that it is  rare that I will even get into these race discussions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rael said:

Can a white person escape their whiteness?

Good question. say you own a home and Blacks start moving into your community. You consider yourself to not have a racist bone in your body, but you decide to move because historically, property values are apt to go down if the community becomes majority Black. 

On one level, you might have escaped whiteness in that you recognize racism enough to oppose it, but on another level, you are captive to it.

Let's begin by recognizing and acknowledging whiteness. Then we can move to escaping or abolishing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I suspect southern Italians would disagree, strenuously.

Thus, my point.

Lighten up Francis. *  It was a joke.

* The above was a movie quote, not an admonition to any group, or any particular Francis, to change their complexion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Good question. say you own a home and Blacks start moving into your community. You consider yourself to not have a racist bone in your body, but you decide to move because historically, property values are apt to go down if the community becomes majority Black. 

On one level, you might have escaped whiteness in that you recognize racism enough to oppose it, but on another level, you are captive to it.

Let's begin by recognizing and acknowledging whiteness. Then we can move to escaping or abolishing it. 

So, until that question is answered, your statement of abolition of whiteness may in fact require genocide.

Edited by Rael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prodigalson1 said:

Okay I'm gonna take a stab here...considering the fact that blacks assault and murder whites in America waayyyy more than whites assault and murder blacks in America, would you think it ironic if you found yourself being stomped in a mall parking lot or shot two times in the chest coming from the Inner Harbor?

Would you be forgiving of your assailant, if black, for all the reasons you cite on all the many threads you are on about black and white people and oppression?

I hope I am not offending anyone. Please notice that it is  rare that I will even get into these race discussions. 

Are you including white crimes such as Wells Fargo preying on Black customers in your equation? If not, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Rael said:

Lighten up Francis. *  It was a joke.

* The above was a movie quote, not an admonition to any group, or any particular Francis, to change their complexion.

What is the point in taking your questions seriously if you respond with a joke? 

But still, the joke makes the point.

Edited by hst2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Like it or not racial distinction and associated attributes does have a place in society. Well at least in sports:lol:

What a racial stereotype!!! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Rael said:

So, until that question is answered, your statement of abolition of whiteness may in fact require genocide.

Only if you consider something like denazification as genocide, which would seem to turn the term on its head.

Edited by hst2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hst2 said:

Only if you consider something like denazification as genocide, which would seem to turn the term on its head.

You said it is an open question as to whether a white person can escape their "whiteness" yet even without knowing the answer to that you call for its abolition. What if the answer was no? It would then follow that whiteness could only be eliminated by eliminating the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hst2 said:

.Race was never just a matter of how you look, it's about how people assign meaning to how you look.

As you see people, stretching from the deepest part of Africa to the Scandinavian countries of northern Europe, at what point do you see people going from being Black to being white? Do you think others see the same thing?

Race is subjective. Seeing is poor way to determine it.

Sorry professor.....F- for your statement of 'fact'....here is the dictionary definition....not one word of assignment. 

race2

[reys]
noun
  1. a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
  2. a population so related.
  3. Anthropology.
    1. (no longer in technical use) any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
    2. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
    3. a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture: Her parents wanted her to marry within her race.
    4. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.
  4. a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic lineage: ……

 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^^^^ ohhhh hst2 …. an olive branch. Your application statement probably would fit into Racism.....so you were close I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

What a racial stereotype!!! :rolleyes:

How so.... I recognize the fact that they are very gifted athletes....and due to that the 'crème rises to the top'.

As it should be with ALL professions.

I am just suggesting that in hst's perfect world where everyone is equal that it should hold for things like that also.

I mean....they are constantly 'leveling the playing field' in the reall non-sports working world...why not sports also?

What is wrong with that.

Or is 'that different'? 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rael said:

You said it is an open question as to whether a white person can escape their "whiteness" yet even without knowing the answer to that you call for its abolition. What if the answer was no? It would then follow that whiteness could only be eliminated by eliminating the source.

The source has all the power. If history has taught us anything, its that the elimination of the non-whites has been the preferred solution.

What is interesting about all this is that the oppressor is unable to recognize his own enslavement in his actions. One of the most fascinating things to see when studying the slave narratives is how the institution dehumanized not only the slave, but those those whites who lived in and benefited from the system. This can be seen in all oppressive relationships. The oppressor is dehumanized as well. It is whiteness that dehumanizes whites as well as Blacks. But we are willing to overlook it because of the privileges it gives us. We live in a gilded cage of sorts.

But imitating the oppressor by eliminating him is no solution. Its simply repeating the same mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Sorry professor.....F- for your statement of 'fact'....here is the dictionary definition....not one word of assignment. 

race2

[reys]

noun

  1. a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
  2. a population so related.
  3. Anthropology.
    1. (no longer in technical use) any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
    2. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
    3. a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture: Her parents wanted her to marry within her race.
    4. a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.
  4. a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic lineage: ……

 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/race

Racial distinctions in our society have always been fluid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Are you including white crimes such as Wells Fargo preying on Black customers in your equation? If not, why not?

No, I'm including only assaults and murders that blacks commit against whites. Because Wells Fargo preying on blacks is a different topic and subject and not in the equation of you being assaulted or shot by a black person. 

Now will you answer my original question or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0