Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lawman 27

Thank you Mr Harris!!!

22 posts in this topic

Regarding the Sun's Article: Pride cometh before the flooding in Ocean City*

Thank you Mr Harris for standing up to the environmentalists  and doing what is right for your voters!!

No one needs a bunch of windmills (paid for with tax money which will never come back to the taxpayers). No one needs a 'renewable energy source' that will never actually pay for itself.

*http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0611-wind-oc-harris-20180608-story.html

I noticed in one part of the article that it says:

"But what’s most troubling of all is that Ocean City and, indeed, much of Representative Harris’ district, lie in the path of rising sea levels, a major side effect of climate change."

Didn't anyone at the Sun get the memo that climate change is not real? (Unless you count the last two volcanoes which put more debris in the air than humans have in the last 1,000 years).

6 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Didn't anyone at the Sun get the memo that climate change is not real? 

:lol::D:lol:

No one in their right mind can deny that climate change is not real.

The question remains as to how much of it is, or is not related to humans.  It's generally accepted that the Earth, habitable as we know it has existed for about two million years, whereas  modern humans have existed for only about 200,000 years. 

(ok, let's have at it, anything here would be better than another Civil War thread...) :)

OC flooded yesterday. Mr. Harris looks like a fool. Build those wind turbines. 

9 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Is your property on the bay side or the ocean side. :lol:

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Is your property on the bay side or the ocean side. :lol:

Bay side

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Bay side

Must be nice..... I'm jealous. 😃

Not messing either....I love the shore....my heart sank when my Grandmother sold her place in Seaside Heights NJ.  

Enjoy it in good health and I mean that! I do hope you crab or fish. Drives me crazy when people have that kind of property and only have BBQs and get togethers. And I really go ballistic when they don't even own a small boat. Nice pretty dock … no boat. :mad:

Edited by Guido2

Haven’t been yet this year but I go crabbing with my dad. 

7 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

I get it, you turn on the turbines to blow the storm out to sea before it can rain on OC!

(It is thinking like that which ENRICHED the climate change gurus).

8 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

The wind farms will have no effect on OC flooding. The linked story mentions the Block Island windfarm. At 290 million, it doesn't even fully power the little island it's named for.

Clean and reliable, maybe, as long as you temper your expectations.. but hardly a real usable source of sustained energy, and at such an inflated cost.

Don't get me wrong, I support the tech and idea behind it, but wind farm or not, no one beyond the contractors paid with tax dollars will see any difference from their output. In fact, as the link mentions, end users will see an increase in their bills. They say that it's an initial increase, but until the cost is less than actual output, it's just not a viable source right now. 

1 hour ago, pepper said:

The wind farms will have no effect on OC flooding. The linked story mentions the Block Island windfarm. At 290 million, it doesn't even fully power the little island it's named for.

Clean and reliable, maybe, as long as you temper your expectations.. but hardly a real usable source of sustained energy, and at such an inflated cost.

Don't get me wrong, I support the tech and idea behind it, but wind farm or not, no one beyond the contractors paid with tax dollars will see any difference from their output. In fact, as the link mentions, end users will see an increase in their bills. They say that it's an initial increase, but until the cost is less than actual output, it's just not a viable source right now. 

I was linking the reluctance to build wind farms and the denial of global warming by those on the right to the flood that hit OCMD and elsewhere in MD as a bad time to make that kind of statement. To say it’ll hurt tourism is unfounded and kind of silly. 

Windmills are an eyesore, and very inefficient. I don't like them. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Dystopia said:

Windmills are an eyesore, and very inefficient. I don't like them. 

They are but they are also a necessary evil in these times and terribly indeed an eyesore and very inefficient.

I figure if the folks that live in Wyoming, Montana, Utah etc.. can live with them then in the picturesque Rockies we can live with them 17 miles off the shore. But it doesn't have jack to do with flooding either way since the flooding at OC at least is more related to over development.

And I doubt it will hurt tourism at OCMD at all.

Folks who don't care about over crowded beaches, constant traffic and steady rising summertime crime etc.. could care less about seeing windfarms 17 miles off shore.

Edited by jonsensback

15 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

I get it, you turn on the turbines to blow the storm out to sea before it can rain on OC!

(It is thinking like that which ENRICHED the climate change gurus).

People seem to not realize that the Ocean City Inlet was formed because of a hurricane. 

Linking the flooding in OC to the windmills is an epic fail. 

Ahem.

But what’s most troubling of all is that Ocean City and, indeed, much of Representative Harris’ district, lie in the path of rising sea levels, a major side effect of climate change. If the congressman wants something truly destructive to worry about, it should be not just the devaluation of beachfront property but the prospect of billions of dollars in property being completely wiped out. Talk about the loss of livelihoods; how about adding the loss of lives to go with it? One offshore wind project obviously won’t do much to prevent the coming floods, but at least it’s a small step in the right direction — with the added bonus of putting the state at the center of an economic revolution.

Ocean City, and other seaside towns and cities should be doing everything they can to curb the rising sea levels. OCMD doesn't even recycle which is pretty crazy in this day and age.

Otherwise, you're Nero. Fiddling away while Rome burns, or in this case, floods.

Here is a question that I can't seem to find an answer to....

Can anyone state a reason why the windmills have to be right in front of OC?

I just looked it up MD has ~31 miles of coastline....there is NO  place else these windmills could be?

Just wondering. 

57 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Here is a question that I can't seem to find an answer to....

Can anyone state a reason why the windmills have to be right in front of OC?

I just looked it up MD has ~31 miles of coastline....there is NO  place else these windmills could be?

Just wondering. 

I don't know if it was right along OC, I think it would be along Assateague's coastline too. I just think that they could be visible from the coastline, especially the lights. Oh the horror.

14 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I don't know if it was right along OC, I think it would be along Assateague's coastline too. I just think that they could be visible from the coastline, especially the lights. Oh the horror.

Mayor Meehan, Rep Harris and others using the eyesore argument is ludicrous.  Among other things, old, fat men in Speedos and barges towing signs advertising the various AYCE restaurants are the true eyesores and should be banned first! :P

I used to go to Deep Creek every summer for years....not anymore way out of my price range now.

But the last time we went about 4 years ago.... I finally notice their windmills... way up on a hill after years of going. Same thing with AC/Ventnor in NJ....right there easy to see from Black Horse pike,,,,just noticed them last year after decades of visitation. 

I think a lot has to do with ….a variation of ….if you are looking for a problem where one doesn't exist ...you can still find one. 

Andy Harris is a Paul Ryan, establishment Republican. I agree with him here, but he is part of the swamp.