Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lawman 27

Sun's latest poll

35 posts in this topic

I don't believe the Sun takes polls. It hires someone else to do that. And, while I've never been called by anyone who says it's a poll for the Sun, I believe the results.

Why do you have a problem?

38 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

It’s really scary that he was a cop. 

That's an understatement

51 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

That's an understatement

Scarier still is that I was an honest Cop.

12 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Scarier still is that I was an honest Cop.

You'll have to excuse me if I doubt that based on your posts.

2 hours ago, XJLR said:

I don't believe the Sun takes polls. It hires someone else to do that. And, while I've never been called by anyone who says it's a poll for the Sun, I believe the results.

I honestly believe that the Sun goes to the pollsters, tells them the results they want to publish and GOSH, those are the results!

I have a problem cause it is anything but honest and the best and brightest candidates are the losers

10 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

I honestly believe that the Sun goes to the pollsters, tells them the results they want to publish and GOSH, those are the results!

I have a problem cause it is anything but honest and the best and brightest candidates are the losers

Do you have any proof or evidence to support this loony theory??

Can somebody explain what is unbelievable about this poll?

12 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

It would appear that you know nothing about polling, Lawman. No reputable polling organization would participate in such an arrangement. And, since UB is also a partner with the Sun in this poll, you're also questioning them.

If you're really concerned, then you should be looking into the questions that were asked. Sometimes the phrasing of the questions can be an issue. 

4 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Do you have any proof or evidence to support this loony theory??

I am pretty sure that if you are asking that question then you never took a statistics class. 

Polls are based on questions that some entity wants an answers to. That entity could be like Pew that decides itself an interesting poll to take or something like the Sun that engages a Pew like company to do it. 

But in either case a set of general topical questions have to be a foundation for subsequent more detailed questions. Now, sometimes those questions are bias or directive in nature....like What is your favorite ice cream? A-Vanilla B-Chocolate. BUT  those are the only choices and no C-none of the above. The question is slanted already if you happen to love butter pecan. 

So what am I saying. Yes the Sun more than likely came up  with a set of generalized questions....which maybe re-written (or not)….that become more focused questions that address what THEY want to hear.

Here is a primer on polls and surveys you may want to expand your knowledge with.

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/questionnaire-design/

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am pretty sure that if you are asking that question then you never took a statistics class. 

Polls are based on questions that some entity wants an answers to. That entity could be like Pew that decides itself an interesting poll to take or something like the Sun that engages a Pew like company to do it. 

But in either case a set of general topical questions have to be a foundation for subsequent more detailed questions. Now, sometimes those questions are bias or directive in nature....like What is your favorite ice cream? A-Vanilla B-Chocolate. BUT  those are the only choices and no C-none of the above. The question is slanted already if you happen to love butter pecan. 

So what am I saying. Yes the Sun more than likely came up  with a set of generalized questions....which maybe re-written (or not)….that become more focused questions that address what THEY want to hear.

Here is a primer on polls and surveys you may want to expand your knowledge with.

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/questionnaire-design/

WTH are you talking about?? I've taken several statistics  classes including biostats. That has nothing to do with the poster I replied to accusing the Sun of making up poll and its results out of whole cloth. 

6 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

WTH are you talking about?? I've taken several statistics  classes including biostats. That has nothing to do with the poster I replied to accusing the Sun of making up poll and its results out of whole cloth. 

You are truly amazing a one of a kind. 

I bet you can count on one hand the number of times you said you were wrong. 

10 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Do you remember the election between Kurt Schmoke and C. DuBurns?

The Sun worshipped Kurt Schmoke as their own savior. (After all, Mr DuBurns only had 'street smarts,' but Mr Schmoke had gone to (gasp) college)!

Things were very good for Mr DuBurns until out of nowhere, the Sun started poll after poll showing how poorly he was doing. Suddenly, funding for Mr DuBurns dried up and Mr Schmoke was elected, allowing the City to become overwhelmed in violence.

My opinion only is that if the Sun had stayed out of it, Mr DuBurns would have won that election.

2 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Do you remember the election between Kurt Schmoke and C. DuBurns?

The Sun worshipped Kurt Schmoke as their own savior. (After all, Mr DuBurns only had 'street smarts,' but Mr Schmoke had gone to (gasp) college)!

Things were very good for Mr DuBurns until out of nowhere, the Sun started poll after poll showing how poorly he was doing. Suddenly, funding for Mr DuBurns dried up and Mr Schmoke was elected, allowing the City to become overwhelmed in violence.

My opinion only is that if the Sun had stayed out of it, Mr DuBurns would have won that election.

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

:rolleyes:

In 2014 a week before the election there were 2-3 polls showing Hogan rising. The Sun and other local media did not report them. 

On 6/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, XJLR said:

You probably also believe Hillary Clinton was going to have a decisive electoral victory, based on those wishful thinking media polls. 

8 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

In 2014 a week before the election there were 2-3 polls showing Hogan rising. The Sun and other local media did not report them. 

Exactly. They kept advancing the narrative that the ultra-qualified Anthony Brown would win easily. 

12 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

And geeeeee I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Drove by an early voter area today. Tons of signs  hundreds easy. 

No voters that I could see.

But on the upside.... I look forward to collecting all those non-recyclable election signs when available to use as backing for my target range frame.

That corrugated plastic stuff is far superior to old fashion cardboard. :lol:

See elections aren't a waste of time....if you use your head.

19 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Drove by an early voter area today. Tons of signs  hundreds easy. 

No voters that I could see.

But on the upside.... I look forward to collecting all those non-recyclable election signs when available to use as backing for my target range frame.

That corrugated plastic stuff is far superior to old fashion cardboard. :lol:

See elections aren't a waste of time....if you use your head.

You have literally posted something stupid on just about every thread here. Just to be posting... SMH...

13 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

You have literally posted something stupid on just about every thread here. Just to be posting... SMH...

You really really have to take a chill pill and relax. 

You take too many things way to seriously. 

Especially yourself. 

Go out sit in the sun....have a beer...that is what I am doing.

Right now you are mental chewing gum for me. 

So do go on. 

11 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Of course not at this point. Hogan has all the name recognition. That’s what campaigns are for. 

I will give an unpopular opinion: the Democrat has a shot in this race. Hogan won last time on low turnout. I think turnout will be up in the Democratic bastions of this state, especially Baltimore. Trump being the reason. I’m not sure the polls will catch this. This is speculation. I hope it is not the case. Maryland needs Hogan for another term. 

Little tipsy so take it with a grain of salt.