Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naive

Hey Mock

4 posts in this topic

Did you make it down to the Bristow monsoon this past weekend?

I did!!!!  LOL!!!!!

The current that was going through the venue was so strong that people were falling.  We had just found our seats in the pavilion when the sky opened up.  It was pretty scary there for a while.  DMB didn't go on until about 9:50.  We left around 11 or so.  I was soaked to my core and had been for hours so we just wanted to get out of our clothing.  Even under the pavilion everyone was soaked.  The rain was coming in sideways from all directions.  Luckily I was one of the lucky one's that parked in a non flooded lot. 

3 hours ago, mockingbird said:

I did!!!!  LOL!!!!!

The current that was going through the venue was so strong that people were falling.  We had just found our seats in the pavilion when the sky opened up.  It was pretty scary there for a while.  DMB didn't go on until about 9:50.  We left around 11 or so.  I was soaked to my core and had been for hours so we just wanted to get out of our clothing.  Even under the pavilion everyone was soaked.  The rain was coming in sideways from all directions.  Luckily I was one of the lucky one's that parked in a non flooded lot. 

It was unreal! I’ve taken showers and not been that wet! I think we were one of the last ones in before they closed the gates. It was raining so hard, we were drenched to the core. I thought that when it finally stopped raining they would have sent us home, but as you know they came out at 9:50. At 11:30 Dave said no one has said anything so they would keep playing, they played until almost midnight. I was shocked when I saw those pictures of the lower lots. We always stay at the Hampton right down the road, which makes it nice. 

We’ve been tailgating with the same group of people there for a number of years. Wonderful people from across the country. They are always the big group, in the premier lot, right by the entrance. Stop by next year if you like, they do it right and all are welcome.

Glad you were able to make it to the show, a good sign that you’re doing ok!  With this board coming to a close, take care of yourself, and in those down times there is always DMB! I’ll even throw Guster in for good measure!

We were one of the last ones in too!  I probably walked right by you at some point!!!  That storm was so intense/crazy!

That is awesome that they played almost until midnight!  I got the shivers that wouldn't quit but we still had a really great time.  :)   It made for a very memorable anniversary story.  We stayed at the Best Western...not the good western, or the great western, but the Best Western.  lol.   

I will look for a big group like that next time.  I almost always wear a tye dye skirt! 

I am doing good.  I need surgery on my leg... I am just waiting for my insurance to approve.