Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

"Excitement in the air" in Singapore

186 posts in this topic

Quote

President Donald Trump said Monday morning that there's "excitement in the air" ahead of his historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

"Great to be in Singapore, excitement in the air!," the president tweeted just before 10 a.m. in Singapore, where he is staying for the summit.

Before departing the G-7 summit in Canada, Trump told reporters that he will know whether or not Kim is serious about the negotiations "within the first minute." Trump and other administration officials have said their ultimate goal is to get Kim to give up his nuclear weapons and, thereby, denuclearize the Korean peninsula.

"Just my touch, my feel," the president said. "That's what I do."

Link

I think we can all agree that it would be really great for Mr. Trump to come away from this meeting with high television ratings. Maybe the best yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable triumph for Kim.  Imagine this murderer getting a meeting with the POTUS without having to make one concession.  Insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ms maggie said:

Unbelievable triumph for Kim.  Imagine this murderer getting a meeting with the POTUS without having to make one concession.  Insane. 

 

Many triumphs for Putin as well........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicken rice. I really need to get to Singapore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Chicken rice. I really need to get to Singapore.

Mmmmmm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s great that they are meeting. We’ll see if anything comes of it. But even if nothing does, it’s still a good first step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy Jazz said:

I think it’s great that they are meeting. We’ll see if anything comes of it. But even if nothing does, it’s still a good first step.

You have the 1st post that doesn't spout trash, bravo ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I think it’s great that they are meeting. We’ll see if anything comes of it. But even if nothing does, it’s still a good first step.

It's something that should have happened a long time ago.  I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Oh, and I also can't get past the fact that anything good that may come out of this will be coincidental because I don't believe for one second that trump has the good of the country at heart with all this.... just the good of trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Oh, and I also can't get past the fact that anything good that may come out of this will be coincidental because I don't believe for one second that trump has the good of the country at heart with all this.... just the good of trump

Clearly Trump is all about his own personal glory but occasionally what’s good for him and what’s good for everyone else does coincide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I wonder what the odds makers are posting for 'How long will Trump stay in the meeting before walking out in the midst of a temper tantrum'. 

Trump still thinks that he is bullying tenants in NYC. That poop don't fly when you are dealing face to face with heads of state of other nations. I wonder how long it will be before G7 becomes G6. I wouldn't blame them one bit. 

Prediction: He will thrown a hissy fit. He will blame Kim...he will blame the State Dept. the diplomates etc. 

I can hear the quote: 'Yes Rocket Man had no intention of bargaining in good faith...……………………...blah blah....not my fault....blah blah. :lol:

But while shocking...if Trump does manage to accomplish something. I hate to say it but it might partially prove that tip-toeing around with despots may NOT be the way to go.

We'll see. 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

It's something that should have happened a long time ago.  I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Oh, and I also can't get past the fact that anything good that may come out of this will be coincidental because I don't believe for one second that trump has the good of the country at heart with all this.... just the good of trump

Point out one time where the previous President was even close to having a face to face or any meeting of significance with NK during his "Strategically Patience" phase experiment that lasted for 8 years of nothing?

Edited by jonsensback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

It's something that should have happened a long time ago.  I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Oh, and I also can't get past the fact that anything good that may come out of this will be coincidental because I don't believe for one second that trump has the good of the country at heart with all this.... just the good of trump

Care to name the presidents who didn't have the guts to go against the political grain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis Rodman has arrived. Getting serious now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Care to name the presidents who didn't have the guts to go against the political grain? 

Perhaps because they put the best interests of the country ahead of their own personal aggrandizement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

The heavy hitters are arriving.

Yup, things are really getting serious now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, banner1124 said:

 I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Do you find it interesting that the same folks booing this historic meeting were loosing their collective minds 1 year ago, convinced that nuclear war with NK was a certainty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Care to name the presidents who didn't have the guts to go against the political grain? 

 

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Perhaps because they put the best interests of the country ahead of their own personal aggrandizement.

fyi: not "having the guts" to do something is not a positive quality.

I'm wondering why you think two world nuclear states talking is not in the best interest of our country? 

Did you think being on the brink of atomic war was a better state of being?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonsensback said:

Point out one time where the previous President was even close to having a face to face or any meeting of significance with NK during his "Strategically Patience" phase experiment that lasted for 8 years of nothing?

Where did I say he was even close?  Read it again?  The mere mention of talking to ANY of our enemies sent the right into a tizzy.  Please don't pretend like that never happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SpiceGIrl said:

Do you find it interesting that the same folks booing this historic meeting were loosing their collective minds 1 year ago, convinced that nuclear war with NK was a certainty?

No not at all... no one, i repeat, NO ONE, should trust this orange lunatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I think it’s great that they are meeting. We’ll see if anything comes of it. But even if nothing does, it’s still a good first step.

Totally agree. 

People were angry and complaining about how Trump was goading Kim into a war instead of talking with him just several months ago.

Now, he's talking with NK and they're complaining about that. 

God forbid if the stock market reacts favorably to the talks too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michiganjoe said:

 

LOL The GOP's Tokyo Rose Legion. They know their viewership can't remember what it had for lunch. No lie too big, no lie too low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0