Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

"Excitement in the air" in Singapore

186 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, banner1124 said:

It's something that should have happened a long time ago.  I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Oh, and I also can't get past the fact that anything good that may come out of this will be coincidental because I don't believe for one second that trump has the good of the country at heart with all this.... just the good of trump

Which previous president said they wanted to meet with Kim/NK, and where are the threads here where "the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks"?  I'd like to see that IF that really happened and you're not making it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Which previous president said they wanted to meet with Kim/NK, and where are the threads here where "the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks"?  I'd like to see that IF that really happened and you're not making it up. 

Obama talked of being open to meeting with ANY of our enemies and the right lost their collective minds.  Are you another one who is going to pretend like none of that happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

 

Which previous president said they wanted to meet with Kim/NK, and where are the threads here where "the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks"?  I'd like to see that IF that really happened and you're not making it up. 

Edited by Pickle20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Obama talked of being open to meeting with ANY of our enemies and the right lost their collective minds.  Are you another one who is going to pretend like none of that happened?

Don't you recall the Republicans' avid support of his negotiating with Iran?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SpiceGIrl said:

 

fyi: not "having the guts" to do something is not a positive quality.

I'm wondering why you think two world nuclear states talking is not in the best interest of our country? 

Did you think being on the brink of atomic war was a better state of being?

Not having the guts and blundering into a room with no preparation are two diferent things. You may want to watch Michigan Joe's video regarding that BTW.

No one says talking to NK is bad. What is being said however is that It's always ill-advised when you send in Bozo the Clown to do diplomatic work.

Sending Trump somewhere to do adult work is brinkmanship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Obama talked of being open to meeting with ANY of our enemies and the right lost their collective minds.  Are you another one who is going to pretend like none of that happened?

THIS is what you said: 

Quote

It's something that should have happened a long time ago.  I just find it interesting that the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks by a previous president.

Sounds like you're backtracking on your claim and now you're trying to change it. 

Where's the thread?  You recall the comments and posters who "lost their collective minds" so excuse me if I think you're stretching the truth if you can't produce the link to the thread or threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fox News lost their mind when Obama suggested it...now they're cheering Trump for doing the same thing.

Edited by Pickle20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

THIS is what you said: 

Sounds like you're backtracking on your claim and now you're trying to change it. 

Where's the thread?  You recall the comments and posters who "lost their collective minds" so excuse me if I think you're stretching the truth if you can't produce the link to the thread or threads. 

Nope, read what I posted again.  "the possibility of such talks" is very general and broad and I stated it that way for a reason.  you saw only what you wanted to see because you were hell-bent on disagreeing with something that I posted.  Sorry, but I'm not going to play your childish games.

And if you really need someone to drudge up proof of the right losing their minds over Obama being willing to meet with our enemies then you're not a serious poster AT ALL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pickle20 said:

Fox News lost their mind when Obama suggested it...now they're cheering Trump for doing the same thing.

According to some folks here that never happened and you'll need to drudge up some old threads to prove it :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

According to some folks here that never happened and you'll need to drudge up some old threads to prove it :lol::lol:

You should try using some charts and graphs. He/she is obsessed with them. ;):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

You should try using some charts and graphs. He/she is obsessed with them. ;):D

Hmmm... just like trump huh?  gotta use pretty pictures to get anywhere :lol::D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Obama took the most heat for his outreach to Iran—long perhaps the most cartoonish of American adversaries, with its funding of suicide bombers and chants of ‘Death to America’. Forty-seven GOP senators even sent Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, a letter in 2015 warning him that any deal with Obama over the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program might well be oveturned by a future president. Republicans fumed that Obama seemed friendlier to Khamenei than he did to Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister whose vocal opposition to the nuclear talks fueled GOP arguments that the deal was fatally flawed and weak. Often, the very idea of talking with adversaries was painted as inherently soft. Sen Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) was typical when he blasted Obama’s plan for “a nuclear arms control agreement with a sworn enemy.”

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Nope, read what I posted again.  "the possibility of such talks" is very general and broad and I stated it that way for a reason.  you saw only what you wanted to see because you were hell-bent on disagreeing with something that I posted.  Sorry, but I'm not going to play your childish games.

And if you really need someone to drudge up proof of the right losing their minds over Obama being willing to meet with our enemies then you're not a serious poster AT ALL

In other words, you made it all up regarding meeting with Kim...you know...the meeting that is the actual topic of this thread, and what posters said on here in response.  

So much for your credibility.  And now, you're upset again because you got called on your claim.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Obama talked of being open to meeting with ANY of our enemies and the right lost their collective minds.  Are you another one who is going to pretend like none of that happened?

Obama had 8 yrs to talk. He ignored his critics about everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

In other words, you made it all up regarding meeting with Kim...you know...the meeting that is the actual topic of this thread, and what posters said on here in response.  

So much for your credibility.  And now, you're upset again because you got called on your claim.    

 

No one is upset.. I'm laughing at you and now I know I've won because you went to "accuse him of being angry" route.

Obama never got to the stage of planning anything because the mere mention by him that he would be open to such meetings sent the right off a cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Obama had 8 yrs to talk. He ignored his critics about everything else.

Steve, there's talking then there's saying something. The sticking point hasn't magically vanished. The sticking point is whether we are open to NK weapons inspectors in our bases and on our ships. Remember that your baboon should know that this is about denuclearizing the entire peninsula. That includes us if we are there. The Koreas occupy a peninsula in case you didn't know. But maybe the intention is failure?  Trump does have experience there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Obama had 8 yrs to talk. He ignored his critics about everything else.

Thanks for your well-informed opinion :lol::lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hst2 said:

How soon the baboon wing of the GOP forget the past.  It's like a dementia ward over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Thanks for your well-informed opinion :lol::lol: 

Come on,. Obama was a big boy. He could take criticism. He seemed to not care what the right did or said.

Edited by stevez51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Which previous president said they wanted to meet with Kim/NK, and where are the threads here where "the same folks cheering this on now were losing their collective minds at the mere mention of the possibility of such talks"?  I'd like to see that IF that really happened and you're not making it up. 

Feel free to type “Iran Deal” in the forum search feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Rodman is there.....Guess that's something to be excited about....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Well Rodman is there.....Guess that's something to be excited about....

Probably drunk off his arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Feel free to type “Iran Deal” in the forum search feature. 

Feel free to stick to the topic of discussion, which is the meeting in Singapore between the USA and NK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0