Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

"Excitement in the air" in Singapore

186 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, stevez51 said:

You have the 1st post that doesn't spout trash, bravo ......

1 hour ago, michiganjoe said:

58 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

No one is upset.. I'm laughing at you and now I know I've won because you went to "accuse him of being angry" route.

Obama never got to the stage of planning anything because the mere mention by him that he would be open to such meetings sent the right off a cliff.

You're contradicting yourself again by clearly admitting that you were indeed referring to meeting with North Korea, not the Iran deal which did take place, or anything else.

Obama never got to the stage of planning anything because the mere mention by him that he would be open to such meetings sent the right off a cliff.

Obama could have met with anyone he wanted to and had eight years to do it. 

He wasn't afraid to issue EOs either, so pretending otherwise is denying reality. 

I suppose asking a serious question is a fool’s errand here, but what will it take to constitute a successful Singapore conference?

A formal peace agreement between NK and SK?

Immediate and complete de-nuclearization?

Agreement to inspection by the IAEA, with denuclearization over three years?

16 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I suppose asking a serious question is a fool’s errand here, but what will it take to constitute a successful Singapore conference?

I'm betting that none of those things happen. I guess it could be considered a success if there's an agreement to discuss those things further at a future date. 

Posted (edited)

We don't go to war, its a success.

Edited by hst2

Posted (edited)

I’m thinking that unless he solves world hunger, cures Alzheimer’s and gets the Orioles some pitching, it won’t be enough.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

4 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I’m thinking that unless he solves world hunger, cures Alzheimer’s and gets the Orioles some pitching, it won’t be enough.

:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, songfourone said:

:rolleyes:

So I’m thinking you don’t want to answer the question...

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I tend to believe all of the above won't happen unless it's settled in an adjoining room without the Clown Prince running his mouth about how he won the 16 election. If anything comes out of this that can be attributed to Trump count on it being some fundamental misunderstanding among the parties. He's a stupid man in over his head playing a dangerous game.  A successful conference at this rate will be if we can get home without dropping bombs. 

NK and SK have been at the table for decades. This is not going to work if we stick our stupid Trump nose into it. On that we can be sure.

Edited by zenwalk

43 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

But, but, but collusion.......

I guess Trump is the first president in history to arrange this historic summit. Good on him as it will get leaders talking. Prayers for a successful outcome.

4 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

But, but, but collusion.......

"Just tell us what Vladimir has on you Mr. President. Perhaps we can help."  Yes, we are feared alright. Feared that we've gone nuts electing a mentally and emotionally unstable child king. 

A top European Union official mocked President Trump on Sunday with a tweet suggesting that Russian President Vladimir Putin has incriminating information on Trump.

Guy Verhofstaft, the European Parliament’s representative in Brexit negotiations and a former prime minister of Belgium, shared a now-viral photo of German Chancellor Angela Merkel staring down President Trump during a meeting at the Group of Seven summit in Canada.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/391579-eu-official-mocks-trump-with-viral-merkel-photo-what-does-putin-have-on

1 minute ago, com6063 said:

I guess Trump is the first president in history to arrange this historic summit. Good on him as it will get leaders talking. Prayers for a successful outcome.

I don't think praying for Satan is how it works.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, com6063 said:

“It will get leaders talking.......”

Leaders are talking and usually not a successful outcome i.e. G7.

Edited by songfourone

10 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Real leadership from Trump!

Real leadership from Trump? As evedinced by a random tweet by an unknown tweeter named Judd who? :lol::lol:

Donald Trump’s North Korea Summit Is Already Falling Apart

Kim Jong Un has made a last minute change to his itinerary, and is now scheduled to depart Singapore just seven hours after his meeting with Donald Trump begins. This will allow Kim to get his desired photo op with the “President” of the United States, and then skip town fairly quickly, before Trump can corner him into agreeing to give up anything in a deal. In other words, Trump is predictably getting played by Kim already.

In response, Trump has announced that he’ll also be leaving Singapore just seven hours after the meeting is set to begin, according to Bloomberg and other sources. As is so often the case with Trump, now that he’s been played, he’s trying to make it look like he’s the one with the firm hand. This is similar to how roughly eighty percent of the Philadelphia Eagles players were planning to boycott Trump’s White House, prompting him to “ban” the Super Bowl team from the White House. This situation with Kim has the potential to get particularly ugly.

Kim Jong Un has been toying with Donald Trump over this summit all along. Last month he threatened to cancel it, prompting Donald Trump to respond by canceling it, only to then reschedule it for the same date and time. Trump desperately needs this summit to go well and Kim doesn’t, which means that Kim has all the leverage – and he’s been willing to use it. At this rate Trump may leave the summit empty handed.

Palmer Report

1 hour ago, zenwalk said:

I don't think praying for Satan is how it works.

Uh what? LOL

55 minutes ago, songfourone said:

“It will get leaders talking.......”

Leaders are talking and usually not a successful outcome i.e. G7.

Yeah you could be right.

What a terrible humiliation for the USA.

Edited by Calamari

7 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Immediate and complete denuclearization. 

That's how Trump sold this. Isn't that the core issue?

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Immediate and complete denuclearization. 

That's how Trump sold this. Isn't that the core issue?

So, given that at least on paper Kim has agreed (and I know what paper is worth particularly in regard to North Korea), and recognizing the physical challenges of turning over weapons and dismantling capabilities, would definable action within 6 months meet your definition of “immediate”?

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

As much as most of you want to believe otherwise, the trip is historic. And, as many of you predicted, it wasn't a disaster. Sanctions remain in place. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

The Palmer report "report" turned out to be a bunch of claptrap based on wishes instead of reality.

11 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Trump says the US will stop war games with SK.  Does that count?