Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrdeltoid

Bill Maher hopes for recession to hurt Trump

93 posts in this topic

Like so many on the left are doing, hoping for bad things for the country, just because he hates Trump. At least he admits.

Bill Maher is wrong to root for a recession (opinion) - CNN - CNN.com

2 days ago - History shows how authoritative desires like President Trump's spread when an economy is weak, writes Dean Obeidallah. If Maher truly wants …

Bill Maher may have made his cruelest and most ill-informed comment yet -- and that says a lot, given his track record -- on his HBO show Friday night.

Maher, during a discussion of the economy under Donald Trump, acknowledged that it was "going pretty well." Then Maher, the sometime liberal, shared his hope that the economy would tank to hurt Trump politically: "I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point. And by the way, I'm hoping for it. I think one (way) you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy."
He then jaw-droppingly added, "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people, but it's either root for a recession or you lose your democracy."

Trump definitely gets people going.  The thing is, he isn't wrong about everything.  Curious what the haters will say, if, he somehow gets a d-escalation with North Korea.

Just now, overtaxed said:

Trump definitely gets people going.  The thing is, he isn't wrong about everything.  Curious what the haters will say, if, he somehow gets a d-escalation with North Korea.

He will NEVER get NK to give up their nukes... NEVER.  Given our track record on that and what has happened to others NK would be insane to give theirs up.  He just showed with Iran that we can't be trusted any longer to uphold our end of a bargain.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

He will NEVER get NK to give up their nukes... NEVER.  Given our track record on that and what has happened to others NK would be insane to give theirs up.  He just showed with Iran that we can't be trusted any longer to uphold our end of a bargain.

Probably won't.  Any progress is better than where we have been with them.  I know, it really hurts trump might get something done.  It will be ok if he does.

Just now, overtaxed said:

Probably won't.  Any progress is better than where we have been with them.  I know, it really hurts trump might get something done.  It will be ok if he does.

There will be no progress.  And as I've stated before, if there is ANY positive progress from this then yes, that is a good thing.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

However, EVERYONE should know that anything positive that comes from this will be merely coincidental because trump doesn't really give a rat's arse about any of this crap... he's just trying to score points for trump.

28 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Will you be back here to admit he did nothing if nothing changes?

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I’ve said that about 20 times. Iraq is the only member of Bush’s Axis of Evil with no nukes and the only one to be invaded. Anyone who thinks that’s a coincidence simply isn’t paying attention.  Or as dumb as a door knob. 

Edited by bmore_ken

4 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Will you be back here to admit he did nothing if nothing changes?

You know better than that.  His followers think he poops skittles so there's no way he could possibly "do nothing"

Crash the economy or lose our democracy may be ugly and makes people cringe but we are already losing our democracy with the evil party battering every democratic institution we depend on. As long as portfolios remain bouyant the suburban republicans really don't care. I can see Mahre's point but a crashed economy with Trump at the top is not risk we should be willing to take since His Flatulence will likely use the emergency to wave up emergency powers. We are running far too many risks with T as prez as it is.  I'd far prefer arresting the GOP leadership for dereliction of duty and going down the order of republican succession until someone without Russian ties can be found. That's a deep slice, I know. That's why the GOP needs to be dissolved as a clear and present danger to our form of democracy.

Let's see if the media can talk us into one .......

29 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I’ve said that about 20 times. Iraq is the only member of Bush’s Axis of Evil with no nukes and the only one to be invaded. 

Bush's Axis of Evil was Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.

Iran does not possess nuclear weapons and has not been invaded.

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

I thought Bill Clinton got NK’s word they would give up their nukes. I am shocked considering they promised. 

36 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I’ve said that about 20 times. Iraq is the only member of Bush’s Axis of Evil with no nukes and the only one to be invaded. Anyone who thinks that’s a coincidence simply isn’t paying attention.  Or as dumb as a door knob. 

Well Libya didn't have nukes when the Obama administration/Hillary Clinton invaded that country along with NATO. Having them at one time prior to the invasion doesn't count.  

bad things?....This would be the known fraud in the WH.... bad things?

Trump Says He 'Saved Coal,' but Miner Deaths Nearly Doubled in His First Year

This is the dirty secret of Trump’s much-touted effort to help the coal industry. The president has been quick to celebrate the 771 net workers that were hired in 2017, but the administration's push to support the dirtiest of fossil fuels has been accompanied by a surge in deaths of the workers who procure it.

Mining advocates put some of the blame on the president, whose support for mine owners has led to relaxed safety enforcement, scores of inexperienced new miners and inconsistent commitment to training programs and courses. In the meantime,  Republicans in the House want to cut mine safety budgets further, and Trump, who says he supports coal miners, has been silent on a Senate bill that would shore up miners' pensions.

In the fall, Trump finally appointed David Zatezalo, a retired coal mining executive, to run the Mine Safety and Health Administration, but Zatezalo has a questionable commitment to miners’ welfare, advocates say.

His Rhino Eastern Eagle mine in West Virginia, for example, was hit with multiple violations in 2010 and 2011. All together, Rhino mines have been issued more than $2.1 million in fines for 162 workplace safety or health violations since 2000.

http://www.newsweek.com/2018/02/23/coal-miners-safety-health-trump-788576.html

Certainly not the politically correct thing to say but he's likely correct in his thinking. Default position of the American people is to reelect an incumbent president and the only real reason they fail to do so is a struggling economy. 

10 minutes ago, SpiceGIrl said:

Iran has nuke technology. Don’t play dumb

Its all well and good for Bill, not like he’ll lose his job or car or house or retirement. What a dumb thing to say.

4 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Well Libya didn't have nukes when the Obama administration/Hillary Clinton invaded that country along with NATO. Having them at one time prior to the invasion doesn't count.  

Libya was a NATO mission, not an Obama mission. Another one playing dumb. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, overtaxed said:

Trump definitely gets people going.........

Casualities of Trump administration april 10 2018

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-has-trump-fired-so-far-james-comey-sean-spicer-michael-flynn-2017-7

And this is the short list.....

:D

37 minutes ago, SpiceGIrl said:

You're only going to upset the OP who made the claim that they did if you persist in using facts to counter their ill-informed comments

37 minutes ago, Manny said:

I thought Bill Clinton got NK’s word they would give up their nukes. I am shocked considering they promised. 

Uh oh.  More of those pesky facts being introduced into the discussion.  Now the poster who claimed otherwise will have to do further tortured contortions to twist what they tried to present as fact again.   

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Like so many on the left are doing, hoping for bad things for the country, just because he hates Trump. At least he admits.

Bill Maher is wrong to root for a recession (opinion) - CNN - CNN.com

2 days ago - History shows how authoritative desires like President Trump's spread when an economy is weak, writes Dean Obeidallah. If Maher truly wants …

Bill Maher may have made his cruelest and most ill-informed comment yet -- and that says a lot, given his track record -- on his HBO show Friday night.

Maher, during a discussion of the economy under Donald Trump, acknowledged that it was "going pretty well." Then Maher, the sometime liberal, shared his hope that the economy would tank to hurt Trump politically: "I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point. And by the way, I'm hoping for it. I think one (way) you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy."
He then jaw-droppingly added, "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people, but it's either root for a recession or you lose your democracy."

Posters on here are also hoping for the economy to collapse to use as a weapon against President Trump.  Hoping that the economy tanks says it all, even for those who aren't millionaires like Maher surely is. 

It's gotten to that point where they'll complain about anything and hope for the worst because...well,  TRUMP!!!!!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/350/175/067.jpg

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Libya was a NATO mission, not an Obama mission. Another one playing dumb. :rolleyes:

You and I both know NATO is greatly influenced by the US. We also know Clinton lied to Pentagon to get Obama to push for the invasion. 

At the time, the Gadhafi regime was fighting a civil war that grew out of the Arab Spring, battling Islamist-backed rebels who wanted to dethrone the longtime dictator. Mrs. Clinton argued that Gadhafi might engage in genocide and create a humanitarian crisis and ultimately persuaded President Obama, NATO allies and the United Nations to authorize military intervention.

Edited by flyboy56

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Its all well and good for Bill, not like he’ll lose his job or car or house or retirement. What a dumb thing to say.

Exactly. Typical Hollywood elite. They're fine with a recession, they're rich. And they can pontificate about gun control, from their gated communities, behind armed bodyguards. The coastal and Hollywood echo chamber was on full display last night as De niro rattled off his latest filthy tirade as the rest of the lemmings cheered wildly. They think the whole country agrees with them, because to them, they are the whole country. Thank god for the electoral college.

I think I see the Trumpsters problem, they are getting their economy news from a comedian, and their White House administration from a reality star.

:D

18 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Posters on here are also hoping for the economy to collapse to use as a weapon against President Trump.  Hoping that the economy tanks says it all, even for those who aren't millionaires like Maher surely is. 

It's gotten to that point where they'll complain about anything and hope for the worst because...well,  TRUMP!!!!!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/350/175/067.jpg

OMG that link's hilarious!