Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrdeltoid

Bill Maher hopes for recession to hurt Trump

93 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Well Libya didn't have nukes when the Obama administration/Hillary Clinton invaded that country along with NATO. Having them at one time prior to the invasion doesn't count.  

Libya wasn’t part of the axis of evil was it?

2 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Way to prove my point immediately... :rolleyes:

700 posts and multiple posters on ignore ....

Wow, what a guy .....

2 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

700 posts and multiple posters on ignore ....

Wow, what a guy .....

*snort* 

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

Swing and a miss......

Big time.

I don't even think a Trump recession would wake up the soulless idiots who failed to vote against Trump.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Big time.

the cavalry arrives.....I am so honored....

40 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

the cavalry arrives.....I am so honored....

More like the clown car :D

9 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Like so many on the left are doing, hoping for bad things for the country, just because he hates Trump. At least he admits.

Bill Maher is wrong to root for a recession (opinion) - CNN - CNN.com

2 days ago - History shows how authoritative desires like President Trump's spread when an economy is weak, writes Dean Obeidallah. If Maher truly wants …

Bill Maher may have made his cruelest and most ill-informed comment yet -- and that says a lot, given his track record -- on his HBO show Friday night.

Maher, during a discussion of the economy under Donald Trump, acknowledged that it was "going pretty well." Then Maher, the sometime liberal, shared his hope that the economy would tank to hurt Trump politically: "I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point. And by the way, I'm hoping for it. I think one (way) you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy."
He then jaw-droppingly added, "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people, but it's either root for a recession or you lose your democracy."

Who can remember all the conservatives and Republicans who put party aside and wished only the best for Pres.Obama? Sure, the disagreed with many of his views but they wanted him to succeed at anything that was good for Americans and the country. Infrastructure, better healthcare, meaningful immigration laws, job programs. They never wanted to see him fail because they knew if he failed in many ways the country failed.

That's why the Republican controlled House and Senate worked so hard to meet him half way. And look at what they accomplished in 8 years!

Yes, we should hope for and want what's best for the country and leave party politics out of it. 

🇱🇷

2 hours ago, Calamari said:

I don't even think a Trump recession would wake up the soulless idiots who failed to vote against Trump.

Now you see them all over the internet saying....VOTE IN NOVEMBER.  Maybe if they voted in November 2016 we wouldn't be in this mess with a pres.Chaos now seated in the White House.

The lesser of two evils. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

quiz for the trumpkins...who said this --> “[Y]ou bet, we want those policies to fail”:

answer in 20 minutes.....

you guys are hilarious when it comes to being upset.....

"Our TOP priority over the next two years should be to deny Pres.Obama a second term."

Mitch McConnell November 2010

3 hours ago, Calamari said:

This

8 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Well Libya didn't have nukes when the Obama administration/Hillary Clinton invaded that country along with NATO. Having them at one time prior to the invasion doesn't count.  

We didn’t invade libya. 

Just now, JoyinMudville said:

We didn’t invade libya. 

Let me elaborate... we didn’t squander billions of dollars and thousands of anerican lives in a stupid war of choice sold to a terrified american populace on false pretenses

3 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

"Our TOP priority over the next two years should be to deny Pres.Obama a second term."

Mitch McConnell November 2010

That's exactly the same thing as hoping the the American economy fails and goes into recession .....

Lol.....

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Whatever you say pops .....

I'm not the one flailing about trying to defend folks rooting for the failure of the American economy ....

no you are flailing trying to insist a hollywood mouth wields more influence than a sitting congressman and that their is no relationship between economic policies and economic results....you trumpkins don't have the capacity for honesty....but you certainly can gen up phony outrage and deflection....

and see if you can provide proof I support what maher said....I never did....I just pointed out the hypocrisy of trumpkins like yourself....

just remember little boy, I've survived places you haven't been........

Edited by can you hear me now!

12 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Exactly. Typical Hollywood elite. They're fine with a recession, they're rich. And they can pontificate about gun control, from their gated communities, behind armed bodyguards. The coastal and Hollywood echo chamber was on full display last night as De niro rattled off his latest filthy tirade as the rest of the lemmings cheered wildly. They think the whole country agrees with them, because to them, they are the whole country. Thank god for the electoral college.

:lol:

You've pretty much described Trump yet I bet you think he's a billionaire man of the people.  :lol:

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

no you are flailing trying to insist a hollywood mouth wields more influence than a sitting congressman and that their is no relationship between economic policies and economic results....you trumpkins don't have the capacity for honesty....but you certainly can gen up phony outrage and deflection....

and see if you can provide proof I support what maher said....I never did....I just pointed out the hypocrisy of trumpkins like yourself....

just remember little boy, I've survived places you haven't been........

Quit digging pops .....

1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

Quit digging pops .....

He doeth protest too much...;)

16 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

He doeth protest too much...;)

He made a foolish anology and keeps digging deeper .....

7 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

He made a foolish anology and keeps digging deeper .....

Look out for a 5 paragraph response .......

10 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Look out for a 5 paragraph response .......

Probably using disappearing ink or some other spy techniques used by the IC! 

11 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Probably using disappearing ink or some other spy techniques used by the IC! 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

That's exactly the same thing as hoping the the American economy fails and goes into recession .....

Lol.....

Perhaps you should be holding Trump to his ‘words’ and not the comedian.

Just sayin....

😉

Edited by songfourone

I see the car is picking up more passengers.... deflection and denial, the only hope trumpkins have...