Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrdeltoid

Bill Maher hopes for recession to hurt Trump

93 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Manny said:

I thought Bill Clinton got NK’s word they would give up their nukes. I am shocked considering they promised. 

Clinton worked out a deal that both sides cheated on right from jump.  The GOP was sabotaging the deal from the inside and NK followed suit.

17 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Posters on here are also hoping for the economy to collapse to use as a weapon against President Trump.  Hoping that the economy tanks says it all, even for those who aren't millionaires like Maher surely is. 

It's gotten to that point where they'll complain about anything and hope for the worst because...well,  TRUMP!!!!!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/350/175/067.jpg

If you're going to throw out an accusation like that then you damned well better have some specifics to back it up.... we'll wait

16 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Both parties want the other to have a one term presidency. Get real.

Sure, but both parties didn't get together the night before the inauguration and decide that they would say no to EVERYTHING, even their own ideas, in order to bring the nation to a screeching halt in order to achieve that one term presidency.  Get real indeed.

33 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Sure, but both parties didn't get together the night before the inauguration and decide that they would say no to EVERYTHING, even their own ideas, in order to bring the nation to a screeching halt in order to achieve that one term presidency.  Get real indeed.

Does it really matter whether the parties have a meeting or not when it's common knowledge amongst the members to make sure the other guys president doesn't do well? :rolleyes: 

20 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

That's why the Grand Old Party looks like such hypocrites now.

Now they want to return to ideas that they abandoned on Day-Zero of Obama's presidency using the Weapon Of Mass Obstruction. And a few posters disparage Obama's use of Executive Orders. At least he wasn't doing photo ops. He was doing his best to circumvent GOP obstruction.

Actually, Maher thinks Democrats play "too nice". He thinks dems should fight fire with fire and say "No" to all Republican initiatives - no bi-partisanship. I think that that may neutralize some GOP nonsense, but it might further erode the "two-party" system...and also alienate some neutral voters.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Does it really matter whether the parties have a meeting or not when it's common knowledge amongst the members to make sure the other guys president doesn't do well? :rolleyes: 

But not at the expense of the country, not usually. What we see now started, as far as I can tell, during the Clinton presidency and culminated after Pres.Obama was elected into a scorched earth (country) policy to bring the sitting president down at all costs. Even at the cost of the what may or may not be good for Americans. Following Pres.Obama we have a Donald Trump and all over the internet you have Trump supporters whining about how "unfair" Donald is being treated by "Libitards and DemoRATS" and "if only  they'd give him a break". After a year and a half Donald still has not had a single luncheon with the Democrat Representatives although he's had several  with Sean Hannity and at  every at opportunity he blames Democrats for all that is wrong in America while claiming nothing good ever happened until he came along.

Honestly....Do you think Donald Trump is president of all Americans or only the ones who voted for him and still scream his name, wear his hat, and wave his flag?

Your honest opinion? 

Edited by prodigalson1

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

If you're going to throw out an accusation like that then you damned well better have some specifics to back it up.... we'll wait

Good luck with that. 

10 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

But not at the expense of the country, not usually. What we see now started, as far as I can tell, during the Clinton presidency and culminated after Pres.Obama was elected into a scorched earth (country) policy to bring the sitting president down at all costs. Even at the cost of the what may or may not be good for Americans. Following Pres.Obama we have a Donald Trump and all over the internet you have Trump supporters whining about how "unfair" Donald is being treated by "Libitards and DemoRATS" and "if only  they'd give him a break". After a year and a half Donald still has not had a single luncheon with the Democrat Representatives although he's had several  with Sean Hannity while at  every at opportunity he blames Democrats for all that is wrong in America while claiming nothing good ever happened until he came along.

Honestly....Do you think Donald Trump is president of all Americans or only the ones who voted for him and still scream his name, wear his hat, and wave his flag?

Your honest opinion? 

Well said.

28 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

But not at the expense of the country, not usually. What we see now started, as far as I can tell, during the Clinton presidency and culminated after Pres.Obama was elected into a scorched earth (country) policy to bring the sitting president down at all costs. Even at the cost of the what may or may not be good for Americans. Following Pres.Obama we have a Donald Trump and all over the internet you have Trump supporters whining about how "unfair" Donald is being treated by "Libitards and DemoRATS" and "if only  they'd give him a break". After a year and a half Donald still has not had a single luncheon with the Democrat Representatives although he's had several  with Sean Hannity and at  every at opportunity he blames Democrats for all that is wrong in America while claiming nothing good ever happened until he came along.

Your honest opinion? 

good luck with that

Clinton worked out a deal that both sides cheated on right from jump.  The GOP was sabotaging the deal from the inside and NK followed suit.

It must really anger you that this summit took place. It really runs contrary to the narrative set forth my the media and other leftist groups.

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

It must really anger you that this summit took place. It really runs contrary to the narrative set forth my the media and other leftist groups.

Congrats on stupidest comment of the week so far ....

49 minutes ago, Manny said:

what a dumb comment... I've said on multiple occasions that this kind of thing should have happened a long time ago... I just wish it was done by someone who actually gave a rat's arse about this country

37 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Congrats on stupidest comment of the week so far ....

That's pretty low on the stupid meter for a Manny comment :lol: 

what a dumb comment... I've said on multiple occasions that this kind of thing should have happened a long time ago... I just wish it was done by someone who actually gave a rat's arse about this country

Kim should have come to the table years ago. Obama and Kerry would have offered him significant more concessions and latitude to abscond at a later date. 

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

Kim should have come to the table years ago. Obama and Kerry would have offered him significant more concessions and latitude to abscond at a later date. 

case in point :lol::lol:

19 minutes ago, Manny said:

Or, as is the case with everything Obama did as President, Trump would have voided it on principle.

22 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Iran has nuke technology. Don’t play dumb

Does nuclear technology = a nuclear weapon? 

Isn't the whole purpose of the agreement we signed with Iran to allow the former while preventing the latter?

Or are you under the impression that Iran already has (or is working toward) a nuclear weapon despite their declarations they are not??

If so, someone let everyone who signed the Iran deal know.

I hope whatever comes of this, if anything, is developed in the mode of a treaty and submitted to Congress.  EOs on matters of importance are the coward’s way out.