Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Trump praises “very talented” Kim for taking over North Korea, running it “tough”

147 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Have you seen specifics on a deal? 

The text of the joint statement is here:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/politics/read-full-text-of-trump-kim-signed-statement/index.html

It says very little, other than legitimizing a dictator.  There's nothing in the joint statement about US troop movement.  I did hear in a press conference that US troops would stay, but joint US/KS exercises would be curtailed.  Trump said it would save money.  Sure, but if there was an incident, failure to exercise command and control operations WILL cost US lives.

10 minutes ago, workerbee said:

LOL... You guys!

Your side would be flipping out if Obama had given such high praise to a murderous dictator 

6 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Have you seen specifics on a deal? 

The only specific is that we would cease war gaming with SK. They give up nothing. I doubt any of it is grounded in policy. But the NK have had as an ongoing demand that any denuclearization is based on our withdrawing our military umbrella from SK.

5 minutes ago, GRF said:

The text of the joint statement is here:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/politics/read-full-text-of-trump-kim-signed-statement/index.html

It says very little, other than legitimizing a dictator.  There's nothing in the joint statement about US troop movement.  I did hear in a press conference that US troops would stay, but joint US/KS exercises would be curtailed.  Trump said it would save money.  Sure, but if there was an incident, failure to exercise command and control operations WILL cost US lives.

A joint statement? 

3 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

The only specific is that we would cease war gaming with SK. They give up nothing. I doubt any of it is grounded in policy. But the NK have had as an ongoing demand that any denuclearization is based on our withdrawing our military umbrella from SK.

A 45 minute visit does not produce a comprehensive agreement. Now the negotiations will begin. Lets see what is agreed upon on both sides.

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Your side would be flipping out if Obama had given such high praise to a murderous dictator 

"Your Side"...and there lies the reason for America's downfall... should it occur.  You and I are americans... I think.  And flipping out has worked so well for "your side" to date.  Our enemies are loving seeing a plan come together.  I voted for President Obama first time around... against him the second time around.  

5 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

I think the President has asked for a severed pinky from Kim.  No word from MSM yet on success!

9 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Many Cuban-Americans residing in Florida are ashamed of the statements that some world leaders like President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made after the death of Fidel Castro by refusing to condemn the former communist dictator, MSNBC's Mariana Atencio reported Monday morning.

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Many Cuban-Americans residing in Florida are ashamed of the statements that some world leaders like President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made after the death of Fidel Castro by refusing to condemn the former communist dictator, MSNBC's Mariana Atencio reported Monday morning.

High praise for a living dictator and the refusal to condemn a dead dictator are not the same thing. Your false equivalency, as is Atencio's, is clearly flawed.

Death eliminates the need for rhetoric.

Just now, EL-FLIPPO said:

High praise for a living dictator and the refusal to condemn a dead dictator are not the same thing. Your false equivalency, as is Atencio's, is clearly flawed.

Death eliminates the need for rhetoric.

Tell that to the living Cubans who lived under Castro's harsh dictatorship. Whose families were separated because of the Castro. Easy for you to claim a false equivalency...unless you are Cuban? 

1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

Tell that to the living Cubans who lived under Castro's harsh dictatorship. Whose families were separated because of the Castro. Easy for you to claim a false equivalency...unless you are Cuban? 

I don't have to be Cuban to point out holes in your logic.

19 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

But did Obama praise Castro? 

3 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

I don't have to be Cuban to point out holes in your logic.

Why do you hate Cubans so much?

9 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Emotions have no place in government policies or diplomacy...

25 minutes ago, workerbee said:

"Your Side"...and there lies the reason for America's downfall... should it occur.  You and I are americans... I think.  And flipping out has worked so well for "your side" to date.  Our enemies are loving seeing a plan come together.  I voted for President Obama first time around... against him the second time around.  

Kind think the problem is more people like you who think this whole thing's a damned joke

1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

Why do you hate Cubans so much?

what an disgusting and dishonest question... is there no low too low for you to stoop?

Just now, soulflower said:

No he did not. Maybe Trump is trying to soften Kim up? 

Just now, flyboy56 said:

No he did not. Maybe Trump is trying to soften Kim up? 

He can do that without praising the violent way Kim came to power at such a young age...

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Emotions have no place in government policies or diplomacy...

You don't think the Constitution or the Bill of Rights was written with emotion? 

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Trump was the first to respond  to Castro's death, saying, in essence, "good riddance to bad rubbish."

Obama, if I recall, had a very calibrated, very PC, very vanilla, official statement that made everyone feel numb and confused.

He can do that without praising the violent way Kim came to power at such a young age...

And tomorrow Trump will be calling Kim little rocket man once again. 

Flyboy will NEVER go against Trump.  Ever.  He'll continue to defend on this thread through every tangent and hyperbole he can come up with.  Same as he did when Trump was having his war of words with Kim not too long ago.

2 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Trump was the first to respond  to Castro's death, saying, in essence, "good riddance to bad rubbish."

Obama, if I recall, had a very calibrated, very PC, very vanilla, official statement that made everyone feel numb and confused.

Cuban Americans weren't numbed or confused by Obama's soft approach to Castro.