Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Trump praises “very talented” Kim for taking over North Korea, running it “tough”

147 posts in this topic

While many countries abuse human rights, the scale and depth of the North Korean regime’s brutality is extremely unusual, with up to 130,000 people in concentration camps. It is perhaps unsurprising that a president who boasted that he hadn’t bothered to prepare for the summit didn’t grasp this. Or perhaps it was a conscious decision. Pressed on North Korean abuses by Voice of America’s Greta Van Susteren, Trump seemed to suggest that the country’s history was meaningless, and he would judge it only on its recent behavior.

...the indifference to human-rights abuses also echoes some of Trump’s prior statements—during the 2016 presidential campaign, for example, he said the U.S. had no right to lecture Turkey on human rights and declined to condemn Russia’s brutality, telling Bill O’Reilly, “You got a lot of killers. What, you think our country’s so innocent?”

Trump’s choice of comparisons is telling. Despite documented abuses in countries like Turkey, Russia, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia, he has found himself drawn to their leaders—generally outsize, swaggering autocrats with little concern for rule of law. Trump congratulated Erdogan on a controversial, anti-democratic referendum (declining to press the human-rights angle) and infamously disregarded staff advice warning, “DO NOT CONGRATULATE” Vladimir Putin on a rigged electoral win.

Disturbing

Quote of the day:

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, before adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

Link

6 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Either Trump is an idiot, or he has enough respect around the world to legitimize a brutal dictator. He can't be both.

What the hell does this even mean? :confused:

sounds like Democrats want to wait 60 years to negotiate with NoKo's next leader after Kim the human abuser dies.  lol

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Fascinating to watch an American president jettison one agreement that has verifications, and support another one based on trust.

The Iran deal was a joke

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiX7cfo4M7bAhXJ7VMKHdQtDj4QFghdMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2F2018%2F06%2Firan-nuclear-deal-disaster-from-the-start%2F&usg=AOvVaw2YQizzv1hC8HqMxiMSoVHq

Few of these critics ever quite understood that the deal was already a stinking corpse, long overdue for burial. Iranian cunning and the strategic thinking about the asymmetrical deal had always aimed at the following trajectory:

Ostensibly postpone a bomb now, at a time when the regime was facing growing unrest and near bankruptcy from sanctions — and thus was in no position anyway to build an arsenal of bombs and missiles.

Keep occasionally cheating to ensure the apparatus for bomb-making was successfully hibernated — and therefore easily restarted at a future date.

Enjoy hundreds of billions of dollars in new commercial income over the next ten to 15 years to quiet domestic unrest, and to bank enough cash to go fully nuclear in the future.

8 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Quote of the day:

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, before adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

Link

:lol:

1 minute ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

:lol:

Trump has more insight into his serial mendacity than most of his supporters do!

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The Iran deal was a joke

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiX7cfo4M7bAhXJ7VMKHdQtDj4QFghdMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2F2018%2F06%2Firan-nuclear-deal-disaster-from-the-start%2F&usg=AOvVaw2YQizzv1hC8HqMxiMSoVHq

Few of these critics ever quite understood that the deal was already a stinking corpse, long overdue for burial. Iranian cunning and the strategic thinking about the asymmetrical deal had always aimed at the following trajectory:

Ostensibly postpone a bomb now, at a time when the regime was facing growing unrest and near bankruptcy from sanctions — and thus was in no position anyway to build an arsenal of bombs and missiles.

Keep occasionally cheating to ensure the apparatus for bomb-making was successfully hibernated — and therefore easily restarted at a future date.

Enjoy hundreds of billions of dollars in new commercial income over the next ten to 15 years to quiet domestic unrest, and to bank enough cash to go fully nuclear in the future.

Wait till you see the “deal” with NK. It will make Iran look like they got totally skunked in comparison. 

Edited by Dystopia

7 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Trump has more insight into his serial mendacity than most of his supporters do!

I had to google "mendacity" doggonnit.

13 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The Iran deal was a joke

Iran’s government was becoming more moderate and open to the West prior to the nuclear deal. 

The chances were very good that by 2025, the Iranian government would be more tolerable than the government that exists today.

By withdrawing from the nuclear deal, we’ve empowered the leaders in Iran who oppose dealing with the West...

42 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

troll

God bless you!

7 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Wait till you see the “deal” with NK. It will make Iran look like they got totally skunked in comparison. 

Obama was smart enough to postpone Iran's developing nukes long enough to get through his term and drop the problem on somebody else.:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, workerbee said:

God bless you!

That's what rogue window washers and street panhandlers say when they don't get that pocket change. B)

This sounds just as phony.

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

38 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Obama was smart enough to postpone Iran's developing nukes long enough to get through his term and drop the problem on somebody else.:rolleyes:

His term ran til 2030? Well now I am confused.

49 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

I had to google "mendacity" doggonnit.

Andddddd...we're off!!

48 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Iran’s government was becoming more moderate and open to the West prior to the nuclear deal. 

The chances were very good that by 2025, the Iranian government would be more tolerable than the government that exists today.

By withdrawing from the nuclear deal, we’ve empowered the leaders in Iran who oppose dealing with the West...

This summit is Chamberlain and Hitler in 1938.

1 minute ago, ms maggie said:

Andddddd...we're off!!

Somebody's off, and it ain't us!

19 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Andddddd...we're off!!

Is that real? Please tell me that's not real. :unsure:

1 hour ago, workerbee said:

God bless you!

you can shove your god bless you crap

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

Wow, this is pretty stupid even for you :lol: 

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Wow, this is pretty stupid even for you :lol: 

They have no other option because they've hitched their horse to the idiot wagon.

The SJWs are venting about "human rights." They forget that to broach the subject with North Korea a relationship of some kind has to be established. In this case, the world is dealing with a rogue country that has nuclear weapons and is actively trying to improve and expand them. 

In the over-all scheme of things, IMO, anythIng that will neutralize the nuclear threat takes priority. If or when that is accomplished, Kim may feel more secure in his dealings with the rest of the world and begin to ease the evil conditions he, his father and grandfather, have imposed on their own people.

If Trump had gone to Singapore waving the human rights banner, I believe Kim would have said, hey, thanks, nice to meet you, and gone home.

6 minutes ago, retired said:

The SJWs are venting about "human rights." They forget that to broach the subject with North Korea a relationship of some kind has to be established. In this case, the world is dealing with a rogue country that has nuclear weapons and is actively trying to improve and expand them. 

In the over-all scheme of things, IMO, anythIng that will neutralize the nuclear threat takes priority. If or when that is accomplished, Kim may feel more secure in his dealings with the rest of the world and begin to ease the evil conditions he, his father and grandfather, have imposed on their own people.

If Trump had gone to Singapore waving the human rights banner, I believe Kim would have said, hey, thanks, nice to meet you, and gone home.

When you say rogue country with nuclear weapons you do mean N. Korea. Right? Hard to tell these days...