Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Trump praises “very talented” Kim for taking over North Korea, running it “tough”

147 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Never take anything Trump says seriously.  Kim goes from "little rocket man" to an "honorable", "very talented" fellow who "loves his people".

The man's a travesty (Trump, no Kim.  Kim is a monster). 

"Rocket man," you may recall, was preceded by "smart cookie."

Trump's history is one of exaggeration: "awful" = "awfulest"; "good" = "best." This is a guy convinced that his Plaza Hotel, Taj Mahal, & Trump Shuttle were rousing successes. Still, the press took the whole "MAGA" campaign seriously, even if only to criticize it; from a guy that repeatedly denigrated the US of A for 30+ yr.

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Andddddd...we're off!!

Talk about a big nothing burger, Trump got played.

5 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Cuban Americans weren't numbed or confused by Obama's soft approach to Castro. 

Well maybe you should start a thread on Cuban Americans.  This one is about Trump's consessions to a dictator.  

4 hours ago, Boobie said:

I hope this works out better than Obama's summit talks with Kim.

It already is, for Kim.  

A little history lesson. The US pulled out of Vietnam in 1973, and Saigon fell in 1975. That was 43 years ago. Today Vietnam is a trading partner with the US and vacations in Vietnam are promoted online to Americans every day.

Change does not happen quickly or easily, but it has to start somewhere. If (and that's very big if) the Trump/Kim summit is the start of something that might lead to complete normalization of relations between North Korea and the US (and perhaps the rest of the world, like Vietnam has done), many of us (including Trump) will be dead before it happens. But perhaps it's worth the try. Can we learn from history that old enemies can change? Even if not so nice men take the lead? It happened in Vietnam. Just sayin'. :o

here's a good summary of today's fleecing.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/compared-with-trump-previous-presidents-extracted-more-concessions-from-n-korea-experts-say/2018/06/12/84ea6aeb-2ce9-4d73-abf1-0614c5c56e68_story.html?utm_term=.8917b2114865

When President Bill Clinton struck a landmark deal with North Korea in 1994, the isolated nation agreed to take a variety of specific steps that included freezing and later dismantling its nuclear program, as well as opening its facilities to international inspectors.

When President George W. Bush forged a deal in 2005, North Korea promised to abandon all of its nuclear weapons programs and return to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.

But scholars say the joint statement signed by Trump and Kim Jong Un reduces North Korea’s commitments to just one sentence: a pledge to “work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”

“It is the most watered-down joint statement concerning these two nations ever,” said Sung-Yoon Lee, a North Korea expert at Tufts University.

11 hours ago, workerbee said:

LOL... You guys!

Yeah, obviously unable to defend Trump’s behavior, “you guys”is your go to.

Maybe Trump can talk Un into a tour of the concentration camps. Nothing like tough love.

14 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Wow, this is pretty stupid even for you :lol: 

And you sound like your Hollywood heroes.;)

4 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

And you sound like your Hollywood heroes.;)

And you assume I have "hollywood heroes" because?  Another incredibly stupid post

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

And you assume I have "hollywood heroes" because?  Another incredibly stupid post

Because, as your Hollywood heroes do, when you can't debate the issue, you attack personally. My grandchildren do that. When I tell them to do something they don't like for their own good, they respond like you. SCHOOL'S STUPID. Clean your room. I WANNA PLAY, NOT CLEAN MY STUPID ROOM, OR DO STUPID HOMEWORK!!! wahhhhh….

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Because, as your Hollywood heroes do, when you can't debate the issue, you attack personally. My grandchildren do that. When I tell them to do something they don't like for their own good, they respond like you. SCHOOL'S STUPID. Clean your room. I WANNA PLAY, NOT CLEAN MY STUPID ROOM, OR DO STUPID HOMEWORK!!! wahhhhh….

You haven't posted anything worth debating... and you personally attack with the best of them so don't kid yourself (by the way, it's not a personal attack to call your post stupid so stop whining so much.  This, when you can't debate you attack, line of crap is a common go-to for posters like you who routinely get their clocks cleaned around here.  You want a debate, then start posting stuff that isn't blatantly stupid and that is worthy of debate.

Edited by banner1124

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

You do know you've described our President.

CROOKED HILLARY.  WORST DEAL EVER.  FAKE NEWS.  ROCKET MAN.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

16 hours ago, Papi said:

A little history lesson. The US pulled out of Vietnam in 1973, and Saigon fell in 1975. That was 43 years ago. Today Vietnam is a trading partner with the US and vacations in Vietnam are promoted online to Americans every day.

Change does not happen quickly or easily, but it has to start somewhere. If (and that's very big if) the Trump/Kim summit is the start of something that might lead to complete normalization of relations between North Korea and the US (and perhaps the rest of the world, like Vietnam has done), many of us (including Trump) will be dead before it happens. But perhaps it's worth the try. Can we learn from history that old enemies can change? Even if not so nice men take the lead? It happened in Vietnam. Just sayin'. :o

Nobody is arguing that.  The point is nothing has yet been accomplished so the big to-do was nothing but a photo op and a big win for Kim. Odd to have a signing ceremony at the beginning of the process, but Trump needs his faux victories.

I think we all hope good will come from this.  It's highly doubtful IMO given the 50 plus years of history we've seen with NK.  But worth a shot. 

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

You haven't posted anything worth debating... and you personally attack with the best of them so don't kid yourself (by the way, it's not a personal attack to call your post stupid so stop whining so much.  This, when you can't debate you attack, line of crap is a common go-to for posters like you who routinely get their clocks cleaned around here.  You want a debate, then start posting stuff that isn't blatantly stupid and that is worthy of debate.

I rest my case.

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

I rest my case.

You mean you surrender.  Troll-type posters often fold when confronted with their nonsense.

3 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha :lol:

3 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

100% correct. So if you think that, why do the same thing. Kinda hypocritical, no?

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

You mean you surrender.  Troll-type posters often fold when confronted with their nonsense.

Stop digging :lol:

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Stop digging :lol:

That's hilarious... everyone here sees you getting your clock cleaned and in true trump fashion you pretend like the exact opposite is true.  Sad to see you have devolved so much as a poster. 

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

That's hilarious... everyone here sees you getting your clock cleaned and in true trump fashion you pretend like the exact opposite is true.  Sad to see you have devolved so much as a poster. 

Delusional much?:D

19 hours ago, retired said:

The SJWs are venting about "human rights." They forget that to broach the subject with North Korea a relationship of some kind has to be established. In this case, the world is dealing with a rogue country that has nuclear weapons and is actively trying to improve and expand them. 

In the over-all scheme of things, IMO, anythIng that will neutralize the nuclear threat takes priority. If or when that is accomplished, Kim may feel more secure in his dealings with the rest of the world and begin to ease the evil conditions he, his father and grandfather, have imposed on their own people.

If Trump had gone to Singapore waving the human rights banner, I believe Kim would have said, hey, thanks, nice to meet you, and gone home.

Instead what Kim actually said was "Hey, thanks, nice for having me presented before the entire world as an equal of the President of the United States of America and thus legitimizing my concentration camp regime, and thanks for canceling all your military exercises with one of your most important allies."
Well, at least China is happy . . .

19 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

100% correct. So if you think that, why do the same thing. Kinda hypocritical, no?

Maybe they're trying to gain support with Republicans?  Talking like a 12 year old seems to work real well with them.