Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Trump praises “very talented” Kim for taking over North Korea, running it “tough”

147 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Why is everything such a competition on here .??

Why do you ask so many questions?

5 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Why is everything such a competition on here .??

One of the reasons you don't see me around here too often....

6 hours ago, TripleM said:

Instead what Kim actually said was "Hey, thanks, nice for having me presented before the entire world as an equal of the President of the United States of America and thus legitimizing my concentration camp regime, and thanks for canceling all your military exercises with one of your most important allies."
Well, at least China is happy . . .

Yeap

On 6/12/2018 at 8:46 AM, Pickle20 said:

Trump probably thinks Hitler was great because he made the trains run on time.

I think he likes him for a lot of reasons 

Here's Donald Trump on North Korea... what a lying POS

But no regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea.

North Korea’s reckless pursuit of nuclear missiles could very soon threaten our homeland.

We are waging a campaign of maximum pressure to prevent that from happening.

Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation.  I will not repeat the mistakes of past administrations that got us into this dangerous position.

We need only look at the depraved character of the North Korean regime to understand the nature of the nuclear threat it could pose to America and our allies.

Otto Warmbier was a hardworking student at the University of Virginia.  On his way to study abroad in Asia, Otto joined a tour to North Korea.  At its conclusion, this wonderful young man was arrested and charged with crimes against the state.  After a shameful trial, the dictatorship sentenced Otto to 15 years of hard labor, before returning him to America last June — horribly injured and on the verge of death.  He passed away just days after his return.

Otto’s Parents, Fred and Cindy Warmbier, are with us tonight — along with Otto’s brother and sister, Austin and Greta.  You are powerful witnesses to a menace that threatens our world, and your strength inspires us all.  Tonight, we pledge to honor Otto’s memory with American resolve.

That's Trump at the State of Union address. Hard to imagine a president giving the North Koreans any more concessions for literally nothing in return.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:46 AM, TripleM said:

Instead what Kim actually said was "Hey, thanks, nice for having me presented before the entire world as an equal of the President of the United States of America and thus legitimizing my concentration camp regime, and thanks for canceling all your military exercises with one of your most important allies."
Well, at least China is happy . . .

Would you have preferred the status quo with Kim throwing up  bigger and better missiles and Trump calling him names?

Every journey begins with a single step is, I believe, an old Chinese saying.

I'm not upset if China is happy or North Korea -- so long as we remain happy. 

Those who say the meeting was no more than a photo op fail to look at it as that vital "first step." 

How about waiting to see if there is a second step or even a third before we deliver our 'informed judgment."

Just now, retired said:

Would you have preferred the status quo with Kim throwing up  bigger and better missiles and Trump calling him names?

Those who say the meeting was no more than a photo op fail to look at it as that vital "first step." 

How about waiting to see if there is a second step or even a third before we deliver our 'informed judgment."

We really know nothing about Kim. They dismantled a missile site. It may well have collapsed and he may be in no position at this point to create and test more missiles.

We have had many of these "first steps".

At this point, the best Trump has done is take us back from the belligerence he fomented with North Korea to begin with.

We do know this. Trump is dying to take credit for dealing with North Korea. We know he will say anything to get that credit. Surely, Kim knows this, and he will no doubt feed him propaganda to embellish himself. 

Kim would, of course, be crazy to give up his nukes. But if he can convince the president to praise him and weaken the sanctions, well then, its "mission accomplished" for Kim.

As I said, the only course you and I have is to wait and see what happens next. 

If this doesn't work out -- as Trump suggested it might not -- we really haven't lost anything. Kim may think he achieved a great goal by meeting with the US president but that's only good for domestic consumption. The rest of the world still knows what he is, a bloodthirsty despot. Unfortunately, however, he's a despot with his finger on a nuclear trigger -- and that's not good for anybody.

9 minutes ago, retired said:

As I said, the only course you and I have is to wait and see what happens next. 

If this doesn't work out -- as Trump suggested it might not -- we really haven't lost anything. Kim may think he achieved a great goal by meeting with the US president but that's only good for domestic consumption. The rest of the world still knows what he is, a bloodthirsty despot. Unfortunately, however, he's a despot with his finger on a nuclear trigger -- and that's not good for anybody.

If it doesn't work out - as Trump has suggested, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

8 hours ago, retired said:

No one, except the right wing trolls and Trump chumps, were happy when Trump was calling Kim names. That's because Trump is the president and some of us, at least, expect the man to act presidential.

However, no one advocated simply caving in and giving North Korea numerous concessions without getting anything in return.

I specifically laid out, numerous times on this board, that a summit should have been held out as a reward for various NORTH KOREAN concessions and agreed upon language regarding VERIFIED dismantlement of the North Korea nuclear program. The summit was a disaster for American interests and it was a disaster for our long-held allies in the region.

In other words, Trump didn't prepare and got taken to the cleaners which is exactly what many of us tried to warn you people about.

Edited by JoyinMudville

14 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

I specifically laid out, numerous times on this board, that a summit should have been held out as a reward for various NORTH KOREAN concessions and agreed upon language regarding VERIFIED dismantlement of the North Korea nuclear program. The summit was a disaster for American interests and it was a disaster for our long-held allies in the region.

In other words, Trump didn't prepare and got taken to the cleaners which is exactly what many of us tried to warn you people about.

Gosh, I guess Trump didn't get your memo that you had, numerous times, "specifically laid out" what he should do. If he had known that all along you had the solution to one of the knottiest problems on the planet he would appointed you as a special envoy to Pyongyang to make sure that Kim did exactly what you wanted.

If you think for one second that Kim was going to give a verified dismantlement program at an initial meeting, you're delusional.

BTW, who are these prescient "many of us" and who are "you people" that you warned? 

Trump is not Chamberlain; Singapore was not Munich and the sky is not falling.

It really must be frustrating that you had the solution to the situation and no one listened.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1007611199591206913/video/1

It’s just hilarious and yet enraging. 

TRUMP on Kim Jong Un (note the final two sentences): "He's the head of a country, and I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." (via FOX)

Edited by EnochRoot

3 minutes ago, songfourone said:

I believe Mr Trump forgot that he works for the American people, not vise versa.

:D

I hope that you sat to attention while you posted that. :lol:

4 minutes ago, songfourone said:

I believe Mr Trump forgot that he works for the American people, not vise versa.

:D

Ahhhhh no.…. it is that he still thinks he is working at Trump Enterprises and his little pea brain hasn't figured that out yet. And I doubt he ever will. 

2 hours ago, retired said:

Gosh, I guess Trump didn't get your memo that you had, numerous times, "specifically laid out" what he should do. If he had known that all along you had the solution to one of the knottiest problems on the planet he would appointed you as a special envoy to Pyongyang to make sure that Kim did exactly what you wanted.

If you think for one second that Kim was going to give a verified dismantlement program at an initial meeting, you're delusional.

BTW, who are these prescient "many of us" and who are "you people" that you warned? 

Trump is not Chamberlain; Singapore was not Munich and the sky is not falling.

It really must be frustrating that you had the solution to the situation and no one listened.

So typical of the Trump chumps. First you suggest that we were happy with Trump’s bellicosity or that we opposed diplomacy. Then when i pointed out exactly what many of had been articulating, you throw up a bunch of snide b.s.

i am not the delusional one because i never said that north korea would give us a verified disarmament program on the first meeting. In fact it’s that very fact that led many of us to wonder why Trump would give them a summit in the first place. We could never imagine that he would also agreed to all those other concessions without getting anything in return. Trump basically gave away all the US’s bargaining chips, undercut a key US ally and got nothing in return.

So ask yourself this. Obama got a 114 page deal with verified destruction of centifuges, removal of enriched uranium, and the most intrusive inspection regime in history without giving up military exercises or giving the Iranians a summit.

There are plenty of people who could’ve told trump this as well as nuclear weapons expert who could have briefed him about the program but he blew it off and lost his shirt

54 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Obama got a 114 page deal with verified destruction of centrifuges, removal of enriched uranium, and the most intrusive inspection regime in history without giving up military exercises or giving the Iranians a summit.

This!

Who would ever have imagined that a President of the United States would trash our closest ally and biggest trading partner (Canada, with which we have a balance-of-trade surplus), while heaping praise on the most despotic dictator on the planet?

Edited by regularguy