Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manny

Sun endorses Bates over Mosby

100 posts in this topic

I am surprised. I figured they loved her race baiting. 

Quote

At the same time, we have to acknowledge that she did not have the evidence to sustain the heavy charges she brought against the officers in the Gray case; her assertion that she would do nothing differently if given the chance is simply bizarre given the trials’ outcomes. The loss of some experienced prosecutors from the office during her term is troubling, and so is the fact that she has not even acknowledged the strained relationship between her office and the police department, much less tried to mend it. Fundamentally, the reason we believe voters should not give her a second term is that she seems unable or unwilling to entertain the notion that she should do anything differently in the face of Baltimore’s record violence.

Ms. Mosby came into office complaining her predecessor was too soft on crime, yet she hasn’t proven herself any better at securing convictions. Instead, she styles herself as Baltimore’s chief advocate and prime mover for law enforcement reform, but that job actually belongs to the federal consent decree monitoring team. What we need is a prosecutor — someone who will focus on building strong cases and securing convictions. We believe Ivan Bates is that person.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0612-states-attorney-endorsement-20180611-story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Manny said:

Former “journalist”, turned editor, Andy Green explains the endorsement. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/99471801-132.html

Clearly someone with a brain that gets it. Hopefully, his message will stimulate the brain dead and inspire them to see that Mosby is a complete failure and unfit to run the SAO. Stevie Wonder can see that she's a disaster who has brought nothing but drama to that office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AugusteDupin said:

Clearly someone with a brain that gets it. Hopefully, his message will stimulate the brain dead and inspire them to see that Mosby is a complete failure and unfit to run the SAO. Stevie Wonder can see that she's a disaster who has brought nothing but drama to that office. 

I was shocked when I read the endorsement. To me that shows what a sucko job Mosby has done ...when the lib/progressive/hug a thug editorial board of the Sun picks Bates over her. IMO. 

The following quote....to me....is the most telling about what Mosby is really all about. And verified by Mosby's premature and failed attempt at prosecuting the Freddie 6

Ms. Mosby came into office complaining her predecessor was too soft on crime, yet she hasn’t proven herself any better at securing convictions. Instead, she styles herself as Baltimore’s chief advocate and prime mover for law enforcement reform, but that job actually belongs to the federal consent decree monitoring team.

She is obviously more concerned about nailing cops....than nailing bad guys. I guess she didn't read the job description before she ran.:rolleyes:

This women probably has a LOT of demons due to her Dad getting nailed sometime back. Wasn't there another family member that also 'had issues' as a police officer. And didn't hubby have some run in's with the law too?

 

Anyway.....a rare time when the Sun shows some stones....good for them....for once. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long until Nicky weighs in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I was shocked when I read the endorsement. To me that shows what a sucko job Mosby has done ...when the lib/progressive/hug a thug editorial board of the Sun picks Bates over her. IMO. 

The following quote....to me....is the most telling about what Mosby is really all about. And verified by Mosby's premature and failed attempt at prosecuting the Freddie 6

Ms. Mosby came into office complaining her predecessor was too soft on crime, yet she hasn’t proven herself any better at securing convictions. Instead, she styles herself as Baltimore’s chief advocate and prime mover for law enforcement reform, but that job actually belongs to the federal consent decree monitoring team.

She is obviously more concerned about nailing cops....than nailing bad guys. I guess she didn't read the job description before she ran.:rolleyes:

This women probably has a LOT of demons due to her Dad getting nailed sometime back. Wasn't there another family member that also 'had issues' as a police officer. And didn't hubby have some run in's with the law too?

 

Anyway.....a rare time when the Sun shows some stones....good for them....for once. 

 

I know her family members were corrupt LEO’s. I am unsure about Nicky. She was in over her head from the start. Settling insurance claims does not adequately prepare one for this job. Bates is clearly the best choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manny said:

I know her family members were corrupt LEO’s. I am unsure about Nicky. She was in over her head from the start. Settling insurance claims does not adequately prepare one for this job. Bates is clearly the best choice.

This vote will be very telling of the mental state and thought processes of the citizens of the city.

Do they want a SA that has their back and goes after cops or do they want an SA that wants to protect their backs and go after bad guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The good citizens of Baltimore City deserve someone that will do both!! (I added "bad" in front of cops)

Edited by Baltimatt
Altered quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

The good citizens of Baltimore City deserve someone that will do both!! (I added "bad" in front of cops)

I am ok with your modification especially since you explicitly pointed out that you did.  Unlike some here that edit others post like editors at the Sun strung out on speed. :D

I didn't include bad in my original for this reason. 

If you look at the Freddie 6, were they bad cops as criminal cops? The courts didn't think so, the judge didn't think so and even Mosby didn't since she withdrew the remaining cases. However, these good cops still got dragged through the mud. How many other good cops are or have been also?

And yes, I think Bates could be that person that could do both. It will be up to the citizens to decide what type of SA they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Bates is the man, Bates is the man if he can't do it no one can. LOL

Edited by bogart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I think Mosby’s disgust politics of racial division will play well with the electorate. It doesn’t matter she is ineffective. She’s soft on crime and has a vendetta against law enforcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be poetic justice if both Mosbys are retired in two week. Then Nick will have to get a real job for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I am ok with your modification especially since you explicitly pointed out that you did.  Unlike some here that edit others post like editors at the Sun strung out on speed. :D

I didn't include bad in my original for this reason. 

If you look at the Freddie 6, were they bad cops as criminal cops? The courts didn't think so, the judge didn't think so and even Mosby didn't since she withdrew the remaining cases. However, these good cops still got dragged through the mud. How many other good cops are or have been also?

And yes, I think Bates could be that person that could do both. It will be up to the citizens to decide what type of SA they want. 

That's why I did put "bad" in front of cops, I would hate to see her go on a witch hunt like she did with the Freddie 6. 

I really hope Bates is that person for the sake of the good folks left in the city.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about getting the job done. As well as cleaning up the police force. Protect and serve not rob and steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manny said:

Sadly I think Mosby’s disgust politics of racial division will play well with the electorate. It doesn’t matter she is ineffective. She’s soft on crime and has a vendetta against law enforcement.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

It is about getting the job done. As well as cleaning up the police force. Protect and serve not rob and steal.

Excellent post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

It is about getting the job done. As well as cleaning up the police force. Protect and serve not rob and steal.

How has she cleaned up the police force? The feds are the ones who got convictions. She got humbled real quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bogart said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

^^^ what Mosby’s fellow legislators hear when he opens his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manny said:

How has she cleaned up the police force? The feds are the ones who got convictions. She got humbled real quick.

The Baltimore Women United for Action is supporting Mosby just as they did in 2014. They are a powerful group but sadly for them gender is more important then ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Manny said:

Sadly I think Mosby’s disgust politics of racial division will play well with the electorate. It doesn’t matter she is ineffective. She’s soft on crime and has a vendetta against law enforcement.

byngo……. scary ….but byngo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Mosby is a racist cop hating bigot.

And that is her best attribute. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Manny said:

It would be poetic justice if both Mosbys are retired in two week. Then Nick will have to get a real job for once.

I hear that McD's is hiring for night managers. Unfortunately, 'integrity' and 'hard working' are two of the requirements.

Not a good fit. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Manny said:

How has she cleaned up the police force? The feds are the ones who got convictions. She got humbled real quick.

Well ….give here a little credit.

Mosby was sort of like the really pretty women.... that is at a car race track in a bikini and waves the start flag. After that …………………:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0