Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manny

Sun endorses Bates over Mosby

100 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, Guido2 said:

Ohhhhhh excuse me....I must have taken the wrong door. I thought this was the bash Mosby thread...it appears it is the Raven thread.

Ta Ta   

Pickle and I were hashing out something. 

4 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

What Baltimore does affects all of us, for better or for worse.  Mostly, it seems like worse and especially when it comes to exporting crime to the region. 

So contrary to what you mistakenly believe, it is my business and everyone else's.  I'd like to see Baltimore become a successful place and a great place to live and raise a family, but that ain't going to happen in our lifetimes. 

The homegrown problems afflicting the city are too deeply entrenched and that means that things like crime and schools are going to continue to fester and worsen unless whole areas are gentrified but that, unfortunately, would also require displacing many people. 

Funny you say that. I just recently saw a social media post where Albert Peisinger, who is running for the Harford County States Attorney seat, was an Assistant States Attorney under Mosby. Interestingly enough, it is said that he "participated in shopping for judges" who would sign off on the charges stemming from the Baltimore Six. Apparently, the original judge he went to found errors in his affidavit and would not sign them. Now, I wasn't going to vote for him anyway, however, if this is true...here is a perfect example of why Baltimore should stay away from surrounding jurisdictions. I can tell you, Harford County doesn't want anyone from the city spreading their corruptive malignant contagions in County Government. 

50 minutes ago, Manny said:

Pickle and I were hashing out something. 

:) I was kidding bTW…..stuff happens...no problem with me. 

10 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Funny you say that. I just recently saw a social media post where Albert Peisinger, who is running for the Harford County States Attorney seat, was an Assistant States Attorney under Mosby. Interestingly enough, it is said that he "participated in shopping for judges" who would sign off on the charges stemming from the Baltimore Six. Apparently, the original judge he went to found errors in his affidavit and would not sign them. Now, I wasn't going to vote for him anyway, however, if this is true...here is a perfect example of why Baltimore should stay away from surrounding jurisdictions. I can tell you, Harford County doesn't want anyone from the city spreading their corruptive malignant contagions in County Government. 

What is scary....it seems like the drum beat of 'annex the counties' by the city is floating to the top of the toilet again. 

You want to see mass exodus. 

And living only 2 blocks from the city line you know I would be busy PMing MM and HST to buy my house. :D

Edited by Guido2

25 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

:) I was kidding bTW…..stuff happens...no problem with me. 

Thanks for understanding. :)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

👌

I am trying to play nicer with other posters. Nothing formal spawned this. I am just better than that. 

12 hours ago, Guido2 said:

What is scary....it seems like the drum beat of 'annex the counties' by the city is floating to the top of the toilet again. 

You want to see mass exodus. 

And living only 2 blocks from the city line you know I would be busy PMing MM and HST to buy my house. :D

:lol:

Baltimore would flood from all the whining and tears if that happened.

34 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Actually I think the initial reaction for the counties 'selected' would be more like Sherman burning of Atlanta. :lol:

14 hours ago, Manny said:

I see she’s now brought out Elijah Cummings in her commercials. He needs to be retired as well.

Who are you to say when someone should retire?  How about you do what you do best, speculate on who I am and put down Mosby.

Shouldn’t you be sign waving or door knocking or are those activities too dangerous in Sandtown? 

I would if I was involved in the campaign or lived in Sandtown.  

Edited by bogart

I see she’s now brought out Elijah Cummings in her commercials. He needs to be retired as well.

Yeah, he should have retired years ago already. 

10 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Yeah, he should have retired years ago already. 

I don't know about Elijah anymore. Sometimes he still seems a powerful force to be taken seriously in congress. Other times he seems like a tired old man. Depends on the day. 

Unforthunately, we can't have a rep on only his 'I feel good days'. 

54 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I don't know about Elijah anymore. Sometimes he still seems a powerful force to be taken seriously in congress. Other times he seems like a tired old man. Depends on the day. 

Unforthunately, we can't have a rep on only his 'I feel good days'. 

Don't forget, his wife was running for governor too and she dropped out after his last health scare. 

He looks like a tired old man because he IS a tired old man.

67 isn't THAT old if you're healthy and keep in shape, but he has health problems and missed three months in congress because of his health.  

I'd think that he'd want to leave on a high note instead of sticking around like Schaefer did.  Not saying that's he's like Schaefer was, though, because Schaefer was clearly showing signs of losing it mentally. 

15 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I can easily understand that. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Don't forget, his wife was running for governor too and she dropped out after his last health scare. 

67 isn't THAT old if you're healthy and keep in shape, but he has health problems and missed three months in congress because of his health.  

I'd think that he'd want to leave on a high note instead of sticking around like Schaefer did.  Not saying that's he's like Schaefer was, though, because Schaefer was clearly showing signs of losing it mentally. 

How many boxers great boxers had have just one more match. How many pro athletes....yes like Babe Ruth...played way to long. 

I would imagine for some that reach such a high level and have likely done nothing else but dedicate themselves to one thing. To stop doing that is like asking them to stop breathing. It is all they know.

While some think it is an urban myth about a person...working at one place...at one job their entire working career at the exclusion of all else...finally retire ...and die months later. There is probably more truth to the connection than many will admit. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, ivanbalt said:

That wouldn't be so bad if it helped wash away some of the blood currently flooding the city streets. 

4 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

That wouldn't be so bad if it helped wash away some of the blood currently flooding the city streets. 

And the scum that were crucial in creating it. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And the scum that were crucial in creating it. 

Baltimore has become the place where hope goes to die. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Baltimore has become the place where hope goes to die. 

Sure seems like that lately. 

On 6/15/2018 at 10:11 AM, Ode2Joy said:

He sounds tired in that radio ad for Conway, 

😴 is what Nick Mosby must be doing when the Ways and Means committee meets. I went down one day in support of a friend who was testifying on behalf of his business. Nick was MIA. I understand that’s not unusual for him. 

Yes, I dislike the Mosby family. Regardless, for States Attorney, Mr. Bates is clearly more qualified and definitely has the better temperament for office. And when it comes to ethical standards, I trust Bates over her any day.

The amount of racist and sexist remarks about Mrs. Mosby is sickening to me. I think she made a rush decision that backfired. This gal is a fighter though. She is going to shine one day. 

The one thing that always sticks out to me is Mosley complaining that the officers she charged in Freddie Grays death elected to have judge trials and not jury trials. She complained that it wasn't right for the officers to do that and the people should judge them, when it's the law and officers right to do so. 

3 hours ago, Dub said:

The one thing that always sticks out to me is Mosley complaining that the officers she charged in Freddie Grays death elected to have judge trials and not jury trials. She complained that it wasn't right for the officers to do that and the people should judge them, when it's the law and officers right to do so. 

I do agree with you there. You can’t have different rules for defendants. I like her but she made an unfortunate comment about that. 

36 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I do agree with you there. You can’t have different rules for defendants. I like her but she made an unfortunate comment about that. 

This is a VERY interesting quote, from Mr Bates regarding Mosby's whining.

“You can get a conviction against the police, whether a bench trial or a jury trial, if you do an investigation,” said one of the lawyers, Ivan Bates. But, he said, if “you quickly want to automatically say that the officers are guilty because they’re the police, then you perpetrate that fear that’s already there and that’s dividing our country.”

And so is this...……...

Despite the lack of convictions, Ms. Mosby, 36, argued that her work had not been for naught; there have been police department reforms, and the city is “one step closer to equality.” Officers now routinely buckle up prisoners traveling in police wagons, she said, and cameras record what happens inside.

I thought she was supposed to be putting bad guys (yes cops also) ….not working as a SJW. Silly me.