Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

4 children killed in Orlando standoff

29 posts in this topic

A man fatally shot four children and then himself late Monday in Orlando, Fla., capping a 21-hour standoff that began after the man shot a police officer who had responded to a domestic violence call, the authorities said.

The man, Gary Lindsey Jr., 35, was discovered dead in a closet around 9 p.m. after the authorities entered the apartment where he had hunkered down with the children — ages 1, 6, 10 and 11.

Public records show that Mr. Lindsey was arrested repeatedly over the last 15 years, with a criminal record in at least two Florida counties. In 2007 he was convicted of petty theft, and in 2009 he pleaded no contest to charges of arson and trying to elude the police. In 2012, he was arrested again, in Orange County, on three charges: violation of probation, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated battery in a case of domestic violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/us/orlando-hostage-children-dead.html

Was that gun legally owned? He definitely shouldn't have been allowed to legally own a firearm after those charges.

You get arrested twice, or three times, you should be put away for a long, long time, because clearly you didn't learn your lesson. Victimless crimes would be an exception, I guess, but this guy was arrested on theft, arson, aggravated battery, domestic violence. Should never have been outside of a prison cell after that.

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/us/orlando-hostage-children-dead.html

Was that gun legally owned? He definitely shouldn't have been allowed to legally own a firearm after those charges.

With those charges he already has it's a no brainer he did own the firearm "illegally". Which is pretty much par for the course for someone with a rap sheet like that which already includes gun charges.

26 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

You get arrested twice, or three times, you should be put away for a long, long time, because clearly you didn't learn your lesson. Victimless crimes would be an exception, I guess, but this guy was arrested on theft, arson, aggravated battery, domestic violence. Should never have been outside of a prison cell after that.

Agreed. How was this guy even on the street? This is Florida...not Baltimore City.

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

Why was he allowed custody of his kids?

Hard reading this kind of stuff.

58 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Agreed. How was this guy even on the street? This is Florida...not Baltimore City.

Now...Pickle....be nice....this is national. Some say dragging in the city is a no no. 

Bad boy Pickle....bad boy. :D

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

SJWs and liberal/progressive judges are not limited to only certain areas.

Another judicial system fail....that attempts will be made to pin on the local police I am sure. 

Edited by Guido2

6 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Another judicial system fail....that attempts will be made to pin on the local police I am sure. 

I think that was a lose-lose situation for any Police agency.

If they had gone right in, and if one (or more) of the victims were hurt then the Police would have been blamed for that incident.

Pos....

Never understand how people can do this.....

Kill yourself, don't hurt the kids ....

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

If they had gone right in, and if one (or more) of the victims were hurt then the Police would have been blamed for that incident.

Only Guido would suggest people blaming the cops for this. I don’t know why he said that either. 

9 hours ago, Dystopia said:

I agree. Three strikes might be too harsh sometimes, but 4 or 5 strikes like that? Lock him up and throw away the key. 

9 hours ago, jonsensback said:

With those charges he already has it's a no brainer he did own the firearm "illegally". Which is pretty much par for the course for someone with a rap sheet like that which already includes gun charges.

No worries.  They easy to buy because legal gun owners seldom lock them up and risk no consequences when their unlocked gun is used to kill someone 

Records show he received 35 years of community supervision, and while under supervision, he has been picked up for a series of probation violations, culminating in 2012 with an aggravated battery and aggravated assault charge in Orange County, stemming from a fight with another girlfriend.

Lindsey was released when the state couldn't file charges after 30 days.

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/who-gary-wayne-lindsey-man-accused-shooting-florida-police-officer-killing-children/teFaOSBAauj1bvCdw5LscI/

He should have been in jail. 

Doggone mass murderer.

Wish they would start with themselves.

12 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Doggone mass murderer.

Wish they would start with themselves.

I wish the laws in place were enforced equally and thoroughly.

Sometimes, people don't deserve second, third, fourth, fifth and six chances.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Arm chair quaterbacks are a dime a dozen.....go in...innocents get killed....cops fault.....don't go in …. innocents killed.....cops fault.

HOWEVER, notice that no one seems to really pin the blame on the reason why the cops had to be involved in the first place? A system that allowed the nut bag out in the first place? Oh it maybe mentioned briefly in a news right up....and promptly forgotten.

Why are the Mosby's of the world dragging the courts system/etc. through the mud like she did with the Freddie 6? Where is the outrage and persection of the idiot judges and parole system? Why the hell isn't someone suing them for negligent homicide?

That's what I don't get. 

Bottom line.....it was NOT  the cops that let him out....it was the system. They are responsible.

Edited by Guido2

LOL. You brought up the cops. No one else. This is an issue you made up. You're arguing with yourself.

13 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Only Guido would suggest people blaming the cops for this. I don’t know why he said that either. 

I am speculating....I can't do that? Face it pretty much something screwy like this happens....it is not the system that gets hammered by the press and public it is the cops.

Can you deny that?

Please do correct me with a link or facts where something bad like this happens and the system is held to task. NEVER. When did you hear that a judge or probabtion officer is in court for making a bad decisions? NEVER. How many time have you heard of a cop being in court for making a bad decision. EVERYDAY.

So show me a judge or probation office that let a homicidal nut bag out....and is in court! Just one in the last decade!

BTW I know you...I put that in because you will try ...I am sure ….to post something from the 1800's as proof.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am speculating....I can't do that? Face it pretty much something screwy like this happens....it is not the system that gets hammered by the press and public it is the cops.

Can you deny that?

Please do correct me with a link or facts where something bad like this happens and the system is held to task. NEVER. When did you hear that a judge or probabtion officer is in court for making a bad decisions? NEVER. How many time have you heard of a cop being in court for making a bad decision. EVERYDAY.

So show me a judge or probation office that let a homicidal nut bag out....and is in court! Just one in the last decade!

BTW I know you...I put that in because you will try ...I am sure ….to post something from the 1800's as proof.

Yes. Cops are not blamed around here for situations such as the incident in Orlando. Feel free to prove me wrong and post some proof. Providing proof is on you, since you brought it up. The system is blamed in the cases of Baltimore and elsewhere when repeat criminals are given repeat chances to graduate to murder. Cops are blamed only when they murder people, mostly black people.

Edited by Pickle20

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

LOL. You brought up the cops. No one else. This is an issue you made up. You're arguing with yourself.

Look I made an off the cuff comment on how blame will be directed.

So....to get back to basics. WHO do you blame for this nut bag being out? Do you feel that the 'system' should be in court for such neglegance?

Forget the cop aspect.....who is to blame?

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Look I made an off the cuff comment on how blame will be directed.

So....to get back to basics. WHO do you blame for this nut bag being out? Do you feel that the 'system' should be in court for such neglegance?

Forget the cop aspect.....who is to blame?

Judges, prosecutors, etc. I don't know the history and the circumstances of how this guy got out. But the common theme on repeat criminals graduating to murder is usually on those parties.

I really don't know why you ever brought cops into this discussion.

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Yes. Cops are not blamed around here for situations such as the incident in Orlando. Feel free to prove me wrong and post some proof. Providing proof is on you, since you brought it up. The system is blamed in the cases of Baltimore and elsewhere when repeat criminals are given repeat chances to graduate to murder. Cops are blamed only when they murder people, mostly black people.

This cop blaming conspiracy exists on Planet Guido.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Thank you.

I don't know why you're thanking me, I disagreed with you, but you're welcome???

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Judges, prosecutors, etc. I don't know the history and the circumstances of how this guy got out. But the common theme on repeat criminals graduating to murder is usually on those parties.

I really don't know why you ever brought cops into this discussion.

Look Pickle….everyone has a hot button on these forums. Many fly off the handle when the word black is mentioned....regardless of the context. 

Admittedly things like this and blaming cops because it is raining today is my hot button.

I apologize for going off.