ivanbalt

GOP Candidate: Diversity is a bunch of crap and Un-American

103 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Most of the communities I know of around here are diverse, even the most expensive ones.

The term "White community" is generally recognized to mean a neighborhood that has a clear majority of White residents. "Maryland" contains many communities, some of which are considered "White communities".

1 minute ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

The term "White community" is generally recognized to mean a neighborhood that has a clear majority of White residents. "Maryland" contains many communities, some of which are considered "White communities".

Yes but are they the result of active discrimination against minorities?  

13 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Yes but are they the result of active discrimination against minorities?  

You stated: "Are there really any "white" communities out there?"

I replied to that.

5 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

When the democrat party refers to diversity they mean race.  When it comes to ideas and thoughts, forget it. If you’re not in lockstep with everything they say, you’re done.

Right on!

And, as William Donald Schaefer proclaimed, multi-culturalism, that other icon of the left, is even bigger "crap."

5 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

When the democrat party refers to diversity they mean race.  When it comes to ideas and thoughts, forget it. If you’re not in lockstep with everything they say, you’re done.

The same can easily be said of the right. You know this is true. Neither side is immune to this kind of thing.

And yet the racist founding fathers are being enthusiastically portrayed by people of color/colored people in "Hamilton," too, too funny

I guess this fool conveniently forgot the 1000's of men and women who were not considered equal in this country when the Declaration of Independence was signed?

These fools seem to want to sweep that under the rug.

I guess it is time to close Ellis Island, return the Statue of Liberty and remove the poem that reads

" Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door. "

as this no longer represents this country's values.....

I do agree that diversity is not a goal. Or at least should not be.  Equality and opportunity are goals.  Diversity should be  the natural side effect of good policy and good culture.  But we should not force diversity with policies that are not based on equality.

17 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Nonsense.  Voting requirements were ceded to the states.  Each state wrote requirements limiting voting to white male property owners over a set age, or white males over a certain age.

Are you suggesting the framers of the Constitution were unaware of how this would play out?  I am guessing there was significant cross over among the US Constitution and state constitution authors. 

The members of the Constitutional Convention signed the United States Constitution on September 17, 1787 in PhiladelphiaPennsylvania. The Constitutional Convention convened in response to dissatisfaction with the Articles of Confederation and the need for a strong centralized government.

19 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

Well an amendment was required to completely eliminate slavery.  Not to mention they also owned slaves while writing it.

So obviously my conjecture about 'all'= white men has weight. So much so that the disparity was recognized and had to be clarified CLEARLY in writing. 

And of course lets not forget the womens right to vote. 

Thanks Ivan!

6 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The members of the Constitutional Convention signed the United States Constitution on September 17, 1787 in PhiladelphiaPennsylvania. The Constitutional Convention convened in response to dissatisfaction with the Articles of Confederation and the need for a strong centralized government.

Ok. Not sure of your point but this is common knowledge.

11 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

I do agree that diversity is not a goal. Or at least should not be.  Equality and opportunity are goals.  Diversity should be  the natural side effect of good policy and good culture.  But we should not force diversity with policies that are not based on equality.

Dingle. I know we don't frequently see eye to eye on things. But I must admit that you statement is excellent. 

Totally agree, provided that equality and opportunity are goals diversity will be a natural by product.  Provided that those that are given the tools for equality and opportunity actually take advantage of them and don't just sit and whine and point fingers because attaining those things are too difficult for some reason or another. 

Great post on your part. 

Edited by Guido2

4 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Ok. Not sure of your point but this is common knowledge.

Clearly the Founders wanted more power given to Washington. You forget back then slavery was favored by the rich and powerful the same way oil is today, and for a bunch of white guys to even mention in a document "equality for all" was very radical for the times. And they certainly didn't have the means to truly enforce their beliefs as the US government was just beginning to take shape. We didn't even have a Coast Guard to defend the US coast until 1790. 

50 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Clearly the Founders wanted more power given to Washington. You forget back then slavery was favored by the rich and powerful the same way oil is today, and for a bunch of white guys to even mention in a document "equality for all" was very radical for the times. And they certainly didn't have the means to truly enforce their beliefs as the US government was just beginning to take shape. We didn't even have a Coast Guard to defend the US coast until 1790. 

Again, not sure of your point. But whatever.  

Lack of diversity is a symptom that something is not quite right, whether that was brought about by illegal discrimination or more subtle means such as redlining or realtors and HR departments “forgetting” to return phone calls is beside the point.

Whatever that GOP knuckle-dragger said, our population is already diverse— it is here now, and soon (a matter of decades) whites will be a minority in the USA. 

The choice white-topians have is to accept reality and get with the future or live a pipe dream by pretending that they’re going to “take back” America, or hide forever in segregated enclaves.

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Again, not sure of your point. But whatever.  

Reading comprehension issues maybe?

8 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Reading comprehension issues maybe?

Not at all, projection maybe?

I was talking about how the founders clearly did not intend for suffrage to be universal and you start with a bunch of random facts about the Coast Guard and the Article of Confederation pre-dating the Constitution.  None of which would challenges a grade schooler's comprehension, just not germane. 

8 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Not at all, projection maybe?

I was talking about how the founders clearly did not intend for suffrage to be universal and you start with a bunch of random facts about the Coast Guard and the Article of Confederation pre-dating the Constitution.  None of which would challenges a grade schooler's comprehension, just not germane. 

You fail to understand the early US government and it's inability to truly enforce the US Constitution. I tried to help you understand the new government's challenges in enforcing the Constitution by bringing up the Coast Guard which was actually called the Revenue Service way back when. The challenges the Founding Fathers experienced seems to be way beyond your comprehension. You think signing a document and snapping your fingers is going to change the status quo overnight?

8 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

You fail to understand the early US government and it's inability to truly enforce the US Constitution. I tried to help you understand the new government's challenges in enforcing the Constitution by bringing up the Coast Guard which was actually called the Revenue Service way back when. The challenges the Founding Fathers experienced seems to be way beyond your comprehension. You think signing a document and snapping your fingers is going to change the status quo overnight?

Again, my point is the founders never intended suffrage to be universal.  If you had any understanding of the mores of the time, this wouldn't be a big surprise to you. 

I am well aware of the tension between the power of a centralized govt and the previous experience of all the parties.  It's not exactly a mystery that this was an incredible experiment and leap of faith.

But again, my point stands.  18th century man did not see women or people of color as equals to white men.  Hell, take a good look at any illustration of the Constitutional Convention.  You see anything but white fellas?

I think I am actually dropped a couple IQ points typing that last sentence.....

7 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Dingle. I know we don't frequently see eye to eye on things. But I must admit that you statement is excellent. 

Totally agree, provided that equality and opportunity are goals diversity will be a natural by product.  Provided that those that are given the tools for equality and opportunity actually take advantage of them and don't just sit and whine and point fingers because attaining those things are too difficult for some reason or another. 

Great post on your part. 

Thank you.  Seems pretty common sense.

3 hours ago, dogstarman said:

Lack of diversity is a symptom that something is not quite right, whether that was brought about by illegal discrimination or more subtle means such as redlining or realtors and HR departments “forgetting” to return phone calls is beside the point.

Whatever that GOP knuckle-dragger said, our population is already diverse— it is here now, and soon (a matter of decades) whites will be a minority in the USA. 

The choice white-topians have is to accept reality and get with the future or live a pipe dream by pretending that they’re going to “take back” America, or hide forever in segregated enclaves.

Another excellent post!

On 6/12/2018 at 0:38 PM, flyboy56 said:

Their actions later on showed they really meant what they wrote. Slavery had been going on long before the Constitution was endorsed by the Founding Fathers. It takes time, and in this case blood of many white folks to finally change an old status quo. 

But sadly, so much blood shed to put Blacks in a condition that was in many ways, worse than slavery. That this not lamented, even today, gives us keen insight into the denial of whiteness.

We look forward to the day that the term diversity isn't used anymore because it will mean that we no longer have a segregated society to diversify.